Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Austin Allen's tool is bigger than yours  (Read 91810 times)

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
Re: Austin Allen's tool is bigger than yours
« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2016, 09:14:05 AM »
Just had a though, has AA thrown the ball away this year? I know BA specialized in this under Chaney.

No, but he needs to throw it away, every once in a while.  I was sitting behind Enos when AA turned it up on that early play and then tried to run over the DB coming up and making a pretty good lick on him.  He was hollering, "slide!"

I think that against TCU we ran a screen, and it was covered up, so AA threw it at Rawleigh's feet, essentially throwing it away.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2016, 09:15:17 AM »
Yeah, but if those had been SEC defensive backs Allen would have thrown an interception to both of them on the same play.

Next time you sit behind me at a game hollering that the whole time, would you please ask your girlfriend to ease up on the F bombs?

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »
Next time you sit behind me at a game hollering that the whole time, would you please ask your girlfriend to ease up on the F bombs?

And get the other half of my mustache ripped off?  No thanks.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2016, 09:25:26 AM »
And get the other half of my mustache ripped off?  No thanks.

By the way, the following really did happen Saturday night.  After our first punt, a very nice booming 50 yarder or so, this blonde chick sitting two rows behind me, screams "What the FUCK was that!"  It almost sounded like an 8 year old girl, so it got really quiet, as everybody looks around trying to find the drunk 8 year old.  She does it again, not long after that during a tv timeout.  This church elder looking 68 year old man spins around and points out all the children sitting in the area, and finishes with a "hey, we're all Hog fans, but that is all the F bombs I'm hearing tonight!"  One minute awkward silence.  Drunk chick (she's maybe 25), bursts into tears and starts apologizing to everybody, individually, but especially the 68 year old guy.  I was praying for a projectile vomiting to finish it up, but her boyfriend drags her out.  Ah, the joys of all day tailgating.

Online Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
By the way, the following really did happen Saturday night.  After our first punt, a very nice booming 50 yarder or so, this blonde chick sitting two rows behind me, screams "What the FUCK was that!"  It almost sounded like an 8 year old girl, so it got really quiet, as everybody looks around trying to find the drunk 8 year old.  She does it again, not long after that during a tv timeout.  This church elder looking 68 year old man spins around and points out all the children sitting in the area, and finishes with a "hey, we're all Hog fans, but that is all the F bombs I'm hearing tonight!"  One minute awkward silence.  Drunk chick (she's maybe 25), bursts into tears and starts apologizing to everybody, individually, but especially the 68 year old guy.  I was praying for a projectile vomiting to finish it up, but her boyfriend drags her out.  Ah, the joys of all day tailgating.

Rules. Pics please. 

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2016, 09:59:57 AM »
This is for all our qb experts, but especially the guy sitting 2 rows behind me on Saturday who like to use their "quarterback expertise" to declare whatever qb they are watching as weaker than they would be. 

On this play, Texas State chose to run Cover 2, which to most people means the cornerback is responsible for the flat area (which is the area on the field just outside the 1st inside receiver, many times the tight end or a slot/rb lined up just outside the tackle all the way to the sideline and about 7-10 yds deep.  The safety will be responsible for the entire half of the field he is lined up on from about 10yds off the ball's original alignment to the goal line.  By the way, cover 2 this close to the goal line against a play action team almost always spells disaster.

On this particular play, Hatcher has two options--run 10 yards and stop or run 10 yards then work the inside of the field on a straight line (called a dig route by most folks) exploring the areas not occupied by defenders.  For those of you experts saying AA was staring down the receiver, take another look.  His first read is to see if the CB "bails" (or drops back, basically running whatever route the widest man runs, which would mean it is not Cover 2, but Cover 4, which is sometimes disguised with the original alignment, or some sort of combination including man coverage).  If the CB sticks in cover 2, the qb will throw to the receiver who is looking for the same thing to adjust his route.  You can literally see AA looking at the CB in this video.  The CB freezes, and both Hatcher and AA react appropriately.  You can see the safety sprinting his butt off to get to the area, but he doesn't make it.  Had the CB occupied Hatcher's route, AA would have checked to his next read.

By the way, AA first checks the safety and then the corner.  No receiver staring down.

Although I recognize that I am much smarter than most people, it infuriates me to have people who just like to repeat what they heard Vern repeat years ago doing our qb's a disservice, by wrongfully describing the action to their almost drunk girlfriend in hopes she will succumb to her teenage fascination with the coach at her school, and treat her boyfriend like she wanted to treat that coach since he's now sounding like one.

You never closed the first parentheses you opened, smarty pants.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2016, 10:01:25 AM »
Grammar pha(e!

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2016, 10:04:35 AM »
You never closed the first parentheses you opened, smarty pants.

Got autocorrected.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2016, 12:22:07 PM »
Got autocorrected.
Yeah, that's the ticket!

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Works when I text the wrong stuff.  I think Woopig's autocorrect is kind of spotty.

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2016, 02:48:27 PM »
Rules. Pics please.

8, 25 or 68? HipHog wants to know.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Online Show-Me Hog

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yep
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2016, 11:53:42 PM »
He's not 40, but he's a man.  He did his best Tyler Wilson impression tonight. Tough SOB.

Offline porksamich

• Semi-Professional Thread Derailer
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2016, 11:57:58 PM »
Well furk

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2016, 12:00:19 AM »
Dude is the biggest man on this team.  He looked like he has more leadership over the offense than the coaches do.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

I think we all know which poster you're talking about.

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2016, 12:03:57 AM »
Dude is the biggest man on this team.  He looked like he has more leadership over the offense than the coaches do.

They trusted the OL to get it done instead of him.  They should've let Austin Allen win or lose it in the 4th, but for some inexplicable reason they didn't.

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2016, 12:24:21 AM »
How long before AA goes Matt Jones and starts saying in the huddle, "No, we're not gonna run that, we're gonna run this"?

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • Boar
  • #1-0
« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2016, 12:31:33 AM »
Motherfucker went 28 of 42 for 371yds,   8.8yds per attempt with 2 TDs with no INTs. This loss ain't on Allen. Enos can coach a QB up.

Got some dawg in him.

Offline SunshineSweaterman

• Tush Hog
  • Rick "Sunshine" Schaeffer is...Sunshine Sweaterman
« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »
These were his numbers tonight.
#8 Austin Allen

Sep 24
CMP   28   for 42
CMP%   66.7   PaYd   371
YPA   8.83   PaTD   2
INT   0

Online mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #218 on: September 25, 2016, 01:12:22 AM »
How long before AA goes Matt Jones and starts saying in the huddle, "No, we're not gonna run that, we're gonna run this"?

Can't be soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone | PM me for my OnlyFans!

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2016, 01:18:05 AM »
Those stats were skewed by the end of game prayers.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

I think we all know which poster you're talking about.

Offline Cerdo

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2016, 08:55:57 AM »
I'm starting to agree with the people who say that we need to throw the ball a LOT more this year instead of trying to stick with Bielema's traditional philosophies. 

Allen is money on a bunch of his throws and we have two young RBs that are still learning how to run hard while having a really strong set of senior WRs like Hatcher and Morgan.

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

Online Animal

• Totally not an administrator
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2016, 09:05:54 AM »
I think the trick to that is protection. We can't have our guy get killed on every throw. Still a lot of season to go.

Somehow some way we need to take advantage of teams stunting us all the damn time because they know they can run right by our tackles or between our guards.

We need a TE or someone getting short yardage passes. Slants or whatever. Perhaps AA isn't making the adjustments or isn't yet allowed to...

Fundamentally in every way imaginable we should have been able to run between the tackles against those guys and just couldn't last night...they were fast and hungry and we were awfully predictable.

They unmanned us like way too many times. This one is going to stick with these guys.

It's better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war

Bruce Lee

Offline The Red Death

• Woopig’s Emotional Woman Dipshit
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2016, 09:20:42 AM »
Motherfucker went 28 of 42 for 371yds,   8.8yds per attempt with 2 TDs with no INTs. This loss ain't on Allen. Enos can coach a QB up.

BS on Enos.  He isn't special.  The kid Allen is special, Enos and Bert should be kneeling down in front of old man Allen trying to get another sample to make another school record setting QB.

Basically Allen is a la Matt Jones with Nutt a la Bielema.  You know great player who overcomes obvious coaching flaws and talent holes everywhere to give us a shot.  Bert is lucky to fall face first into the 2 Allens at QB.

All I had to see last night was Austin come off the field yelling at Enos and those band of incompetents on our coaching staff.  They should run bleachers but probably couldn't even make it past section 4.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.”  George Carlin

Offline Tonic

• Local Sunshine Pumper
  • Boar
« Reply #223 on: September 25, 2016, 12:12:35 PM »
BS on Enos.  He isn't special.  The kid Allen is special, Enos and Bert should be kneeling down in front of old man Allen trying to get another sample to make another school record setting QB.

Basically Allen is a la Matt Jones with Nutt a la Bielema.  You know great player who overcomes obvious coaching flaws and talent holes everywhere to give us a shot.  Bert is lucky to fall face first into the 2 Allens at QB.

All I had to see last night was Austin come off the field yelling at Enos and those band of incompetents on our coaching staff.  They should run bleachers but probably couldn't even make it past section 4.

You're full of it, Brandon Allen looked like a chump before Enos showed up. Enos can coach, a loss to A&M doesn't change that fact.

Don't waste your time with the mouth breathers.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
« Reply #224 on: September 25, 2016, 12:15:50 PM »
You're full of it, Brandon Allen looked like a chump before Enos showed up. Enos can coach, a loss to A&M doesn't change that fact.
All of this.  Play calling was fine last night, considering the fact that Austin was practically getting killed every time he dropped back.  Playing catchup against that pass rush is a bad situation for an offense to find themselves in.