Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Austin Allen's tool is bigger than yours  (Read 90189 times)

Online mde114

• kb
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Austin Allen's tool is bigger than yours
« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2016, 08:04:31 AM »
Of course AA is Arkansas' QB. Who else has he prepared to play? I understood he meant get AA right. Ringing endorsement of his play!

So we are a program run by fucking idiots for fucking idiots- razor5396 12/4/2018

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2016, 08:17:26 AM »
He said "Make sure he's right, for us to move forward".  Not make sure he is right qb from here on.  ::) Nice reach there.
Agree.

The media's questions to Bert hurts just as much as a loss. It is like they felt  sorry Bert and took it easy on him.

Offline REDHEAD

• Tush Hog
« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2016, 08:26:22 AM »
Agree.

The media's questions to Bert hurts just as much as a loss. It is like they felt  sorry Bert and took it easy on him.
I don't doubt it. His demeanor before he began taking questions was complete defeat, and probably shaped the questions. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him too. I honestly thought we were gonna dominate, and I haven't  thought that most of the season. Last nights gonna sting for a while. Fuck the corndogs. 

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2016, 08:46:18 AM »
I don't doubt it. His demeanor before he began taking questions was complete defeat, and probably shaped the questions. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him too. I honestly thought we were gonna dominate, and I haven't  thought that most of the season. Last nights gonna sting for a while. Fuck the corndogs.
Feel sorry for him?

I don't. I did not feel sorry him after Auburn either.

He did not have this team ready from September on. Unless we "matched up better with a team," we got pwned.

His recruiting and getting players ready to play are suspect.

The play calling was too conservative last night. We did not see the screen pass until the third or forth quarter. The only deep pass was to Reed for our lone touchdown.

LSU's defense was stout, but we could have opened up the play book a little. I am beginning to wonder if Enos is being handcuffed by Bert, or he is not all that sparkles.

Don't get me started on defense.

My favorite quote from the press conference was about,"getting it" playing the SEC west. Really? Year four and you are just now getting it?

I am done with my rant.

Bert needs to light a fire under his own ass now, and go for broke these last two games.

I hope Starkville will not be the Hell we come to call it next week.

I fucking hate losing to the Corndogs.

Offline REDHEAD

• Tush Hog
« Reply #379 on: November 13, 2016, 08:50:49 AM »
Totally agree. I guess what I meant was after his 'monologue' I may have reframed my questions too. I am not happy with the fat man right now. Not sure firing him is the solution tho.

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Tush Hog
  • Repulsive Degenerate
« Reply #380 on: November 13, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »
I don't know. Bert says he and Austin are going to have a meeting to make sure he is the right QB from here on.

Of course AA is Arkansas' QB. Who else has he prepared to play? I understood he meant get AA right. Ringing endorsement of his play!

This is a high quality post.

Offline FNG

• Boar
  • Just Passing Through

Online Buffinator

• Thread Lazarus
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • K.Briles darksider #2.
« Reply #382 on: November 13, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
Just think what this season could be like if Austin hadn't been so badass.  Louisiana Tech, TCU, and Ole Miss are all games that could have gone for losses if not for his ballsy play earlier this year. 

3-7 would have changed the minds of a lot of the hugger fans who are still solidly in Bielema's corner for whatever reason.

That's embarrassing.  Looks like Josh Duggar when his parents asked him to babysit.

Offline wvhawgfan

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #383 on: November 13, 2016, 03:15:00 PM »
Just think what this season could be like if Austin hadn't been so badass.  Louisiana Tech, TCU, and Ole Miss are all games that could have gone for losses if not for his ballsy play earlier this year. 

3-7 would have changed the minds of a lot of the hugger fans who are still solidly in Bielema's corner for whatever reason.
Perhaps, if he saw the field better those games wouldn't have came down to the end either. Perhaps, if he got rid of the ball earlier (may some of this is also on Enos) he wouldn't have been hit so often. I realize there have been times that the line has got beat and he had no time, but just as often he's hesitated, waited, had a chance to escape the pocket, but kept dancing in the same spot until he got creamed.

I know we've had some really good wins this year, and I'm happy about that. I just think AA has a long way to go to be anywhere near an elite college QB.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2016, 03:41:59 PM »
Perhaps, if he saw the field better those games wouldn't have came down to the end either. Perhaps, if he got rid of the ball earlier (may some of this is also on Enos) he wouldn't have been hit so often. I realize there have been times that the line has got beat and he had no time, but just as often he's hesitated, waited, had a chance to escape the pocket, but kept dancing in the same spot until he got creamed.

I know we've had some really good wins this year, and I'm happy about that. I just think AA has a long way to go to be anywhere near an elite college QB.

On the flip side, he's quarterbacked a 5 win talent team to probably 7,8 wins.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2016, 09:37:30 PM »
On the flip side, he's quarterbacked a 5 win talent team to probably 7,8 wins.

And he's basically a freshman. 

Proffered pronouns:

Your majesty.
His excellency.
Sir
Mr. Man.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #386 on: November 14, 2016, 08:07:14 AM »
Basically, his kneecap displaced against Auburn.  He came back and played on that.  I know we have some former world class athletes on board here, but us regular run of the mill "I was on the high school team" guys understand that something like that will leave a mark.  He's obviously not as sharp as he was earlier.  I invite you to do this.  Have your 24 year old 300 lb son who is living in your basement tackle you from behind.  Tell him to aim low.  Keep doing it until your kneecap moves to an area it's not supposed to be.  After working the knee cap back into place, go outside and play catch with your son.  I think, most here would need about a 6-10 month break before you are even able to post on Woopig without pain.

I didn't take what Coach B said as throwing AA under the bus.  As head coach, he has lots to consider as he speaks to the press.  He's not the type to come right out and say, "our line absolutely is killing our qb," nor is he the type to warn next week's opponent, "our qb is still gimpy over his injury, come get him to make him hurry his throws."  He kind of hopes we will work hard, get better, and do well.  We did just beat #10 Florida, and now that LSU has a better plan for offense, we lost to an even better LSU.  We shouldn't accept it, but we should strive to do better, of course, but honest to goodness I can't figure out why some things are interpreted the way they are.

I had no idea how Hillary didn't win with the large number of whiners we have.  You boys need to get out and vote for your candidate to cut down on the riots.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • An Unlikely Hero
« Reply #387 on: November 14, 2016, 08:19:27 AM »
But But the people on the Teevees said he was 100%!!

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

"Your Death Therapy saved me, you genius"

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2016, 08:50:53 AM »

Basically, his kneecap displaced against Auburn.  He came back and played on that.  I know we have some former world class athletes on board here, but us regular run of the mill "I was on the high school team" guys understand that something like that will leave a mark.  He's obviously not as sharp as he was earlier.  I invite you to do this.  Have your 24 year old 300 lb son who is living in your basement tackle you from behind.  Tell him to aim low.  Keep doing it until your kneecap moves to an area it's not supposed to be.  After working the knee cap back into place, go outside and play catch with your son.  I think, most here would need about a 6-10 month break before you are even able to post on Woopig without pain.

I didn't take what Coach B said as throwing AA under the bus.  As head coach, he has lots to consider as he speaks to the press.  He's not the type to come right out and say, "our line absolutely is killing our qb," nor is he the type to warn next week's opponent, "our qb is still gimpy over his injury, come get him to make him hurry his throws."  He kind of hopes we will work hard, get better, and do well.  We did just beat #10 Florida, and now that LSU has a better plan for offense, we lost to an even better LSU.  We shouldn't accept it, but we should strive to do better, of course, but honest to goodness I can't figure out why some things are interpreted the way they are.

I had no idea how Hillary didn't win with the large number of whiners we have.  You boys need to get out and vote for your candidate to cut down on the riots.

Agreed, but if Austin is hurt and he is playing hurt, we are in the same predicament as we were with BA in 2014. No true back up and a beat up QB.

A displaced knee cap is a lot worse than a hurt shoulder.

I figured we would go 2-2 in the last four games and think we can beat Misery as along as Austin stays healthy, but I do not expect Bert to pull him, because again, a hurt Allen is better than his back up.

Online BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2016, 09:42:51 AM »

the man is more important than the the win.  if he really had a dislocated patella, he should have been benched and storey given the starting job the last 2 games.  if true, playing aa is hootie-esque and makes me dislike him even more.

fuck your feelings

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #390 on: November 14, 2016, 10:15:49 AM »
the man is more important than the the win.  if he really had a dislocated patella, he should have been benched and storey given the starting job the last 2 games.  if true, playing aa is hootie-esque and makes me dislike him even more.

Or, maybe it wasn't completely displaced.  I'm no doctor, and my "sources" haven't always been 100% accurate. 

He doesn't seem to be limping, but he's not as sharp.  I point more at the leaky line than AA anyways, and yes that's a coaching issue as well. 

He's still a better option than pulling the redshirt off of a redshirt, and who knows why a backup looks like a million dollars in practice, but a nickel when the lights are on?

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #391 on: November 14, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
He's still a better option than pulling the redshirt off of a redshirt, and who knows why a backup looks like a million dollars in practice, but a nickel when the lights are on?

That does seem to be the storey.

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #392 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:44 AM »
That does seem to be the storey.

Now, don't go to Town on any hearsay either.

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #393 on: November 14, 2016, 12:05:36 PM »

Well played, sir.   :beer:

We will just have to hope for a bumper crop in recruiting next year.

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Tush Hog
  • Repulsive Degenerate
« Reply #394 on: November 14, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »

His post was rafe with sarcasm.

This is a high quality post.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #395 on: November 14, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »
His post was rafe with sarcasm.

That's just cole.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline allswell

• Wild Hog
« Reply #396 on: November 14, 2016, 08:01:19 PM »

Offline Aaron

• Definitely Not an Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
« Reply #397 on: November 15, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
If he's injured, I hope he gets healthy.  He's a cherry of a quarterback.

I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #398 on: November 15, 2016, 03:43:45 PM »
If he's injured, I hope he gets healthy.  He's a cherry of a quarterback.

I hope he gets a lot healthier in the still of the night.