Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Answer it now you twats - who makes us win the SEC and takes us to the playoff?  (Read 60994 times)

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
You're right.  It has escaped us all.  You're wasting your time here.

Well, I figured as much, but I gave it the good ol' college try!

Hope springs eternal!  :suicide:
Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance -- Manifest Cluster Fuckage.

Offline Porkscrew Johnson

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net 3.0
Back to the original question, "Who makes us win the SEC and takes us to the playoff?"

I believe that the answer is "boosters".  A change in coaching will not do it.  We have done that many times before since Broyles stepped down.  A change in system will not do it.  We have gone from run happy to pass happy to "balanced" on offense.  We have tried blitzing aggressive to bend don't break on defense.  All have produced about the same.  If our boosters decide that they have had enough and decide that it is time for Arkansas to compete like almost all of our conference brethren, then we will do what is necessary.  Until that time, we are stuck in a perpetual "do loop".  When you take a plow horse and put him in a race with thoroughbreds and consistently lose, you can't replace the horse with another plow horse or change his feed and workout regimen and expect him to compete.  It is an exercise in frustration.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
Back to the original question, "Who makes us win the SEC and takes us to the playoff?"

I believe that the answer is "boosters".  A change in coaching will not do it.  We have done that many times before since Broyles stepped down.  A change in system will not do it.  We have gone from run happy to pass happy to "balanced" on offense.  We have tried blitzing aggressive to bend don't break on defense.  All have produced about the same.  If our boosters decide that they have had enough and decide that it is time for Arkansas to compete like almost all of our conference brethren, then we will do what is necessary.  Until that time, we are stuck in a perpetual "do loop".  When you take a plow horse and put him in a race with thoroughbreds and consistently lose, you can't replace the horse with another plow horse or change his feed and workout regimen and expect him to compete.  It is an exercise in frustration.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline mde114

• Boar
Deep down, you know he's right. Arkansas will never win playing on an uneven playing field. Make of that what you will.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?

money talks, you are correct but we aren't some money lined state like texas.

let me give you another scenario - the legislature already screams about the University and the money.  can you imagine what this merry band of assholes would do if athletics decided to pay a football coach on the financial level of Saban and his staff?  and it isn't even their money.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • watches video games on youtube
i've learned that i care way less about college athletics than a lot of people out there. which is kind of scary, because i really love sports.

i guess i'm fine being middle of the pack SEC West every year. i'd hardly call us a mediocre team in the overall context of college football considering who we play on a routine basis and the facilities that we have on campus.

it's a good program just not in with the elites due to resources, recruiting, etc. we do pretty good for what we have overall.

how about we promote Bret to AD and hire Gus? i'd sign up for that.

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
ask texas, nebraska, and USC, how they feel about their programs.

I'm really confused by your comments in this thread.

It seems as if you are suggesting that we can not hire a better coach to come here so we should stick with Bret.  Based on this I assume you think he is the best we can get and we are lucky to have him.  It also seems to me as if you support the "no change in head coach" position by throwing out that since Texas, Nebraska, and USC are on our level right now we shouldn't expect to be better program.  As if their success and our success are somehow tied together.

Am I interpreting your comments correctly?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:08:33 AM by bleedinred »

Offline Tonic

• Local Sunshine Pumper
  • Boar
  • Keep On 'Stachin
You're right.  It has escaped us all.  You're wasting your time here.

Boondoggle is on my ignore list for a reason, he is a certified retard.
Don't waste your time with the mouth breathers.

Offline bar_hog

• Boar
isnt nebraska 7-0 and #7. I'll take it

Offline mde114

• Boar
isnt nebraska 7-0 and #7. I'll take it

Yeah, but he was on a roll.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs

let me give you another scenario - the legislature already screams about the University and the money.  can you imagine what this merry band of assholes would do if athletics decided to pay a football coach on the financial level of Saban and his staff?  and it isn't even their money.

We have a fuckload more money in the state than our retarded neighbors to the southeast though.  If Missishithole can buy 5-stars we ought to be able to outbid them on a few. 

And before you throw their record back at me, Ole Miss sucks because their coach is a fucktard.  They have enough talent to play with anyone in the country except for maybe Alabama.  Giving Freezu$ a loaded roster is akin to giving Frank Broyles a new Corvette or Boondoggle a book that doesn't require crayons. 

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • watches video games on youtube
We have a fuckload more money in the state than our retarded neighbors to the southeast though.  If Missishithole can buy 5-stars we ought to be able to outbid them on a few. 

And before you throw their record back at me, Ole Miss sucks because their coach is a fucktard.  They have enough talent to play with anyone in the country except for maybe Alabama.  Giving Freezu$ a loaded roster is akin to giving Frank Broyles a new Corvette or Boondoggle a book that doesn't require crayons.

i'm not interested in having the nkemdiches and laramy tunsils of the world on a team that represents the U of A

Offline FNG

• Boar
  • Just Passing Through

I don't think the coaches are the recipients that our good Mr. Johnson had in mind.

Offline Porkscrew Johnson

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net 3.0

Probably true.  I don't drive 65 mph on the interstate and pay more than I have to in taxes.  I also don't take much satisfaction in our annual self-awarded integrity trophy.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
After all of these pages...is it okay to call him Bert again?

after saturday he will be known only as bert until he wins an SEC title.  that is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.
Bring on White Chocolate

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
after saturday he will be known only as bert until he wins an SEC title.  that is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

I don't know, Windbag, is growing on me.

Offline Mr A Ziffell

• A Shoat
  • old
Didn't we just have a season long thread just like this one?

Blocking & tackling = defense & shooting....

Offline HerbertHog

• Boar
  • protect ya neck
as to the original question, i think it's a shitty one to even consider. that's the exact same question so many fans liked to pose as a justification for keeping nutt around for four years too many (and i'm being generous with nutt there). if that's the standard by which we make coaching change decisions, then we ought to just drop down to the sunbelt and play asu every year.
the opinions that i do not give are the opinions i ain't got.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
.  Giving Freezu$ a loaded roster is akin to giving Frank Broyles a new Corvette or Boondoggle a book that doesn't require crayons.

chortle
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• I AM THE FIRE
  • King of the Hogs
  • BURN IT DOWN
as to the original question, i think it's a shitty one to even consider. that's the exact same question so many fans liked to pose as a justification for keeping nutt around for four years too many (and i'm being generous with nutt there). if that's the standard by which we make coaching change decisions, then we ought to just drop down to the sunbelt and play asu every year.

winner.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline Aaron

• Definitely Not an Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
I give up.  It's just not going to happen.  We are in the wrong conference.  There, I said it.  I have denied it for a long time.  It's true.  I admit it.

How many of you back in the early nineties that were so excited for us to leave the SWC and Texas for the SEC would have thought that in a quarter of a century, that we'd have an all-time losing record vs SEC?  What would you have thought if you were told that back then?  Hell, I heard on the radio this morning that we have only had one instance of back to back winning SEC records.  One.
I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
Look at the history.  We weren't very good in the SWC consistently until JFB came along.  If you want the outlier in our history it was the 32 years or so of consistently excellent coaching from Broyles through Hatfield.  After that, except for the Petrino era, we've had consistently mediocre to poor coaching and the results show it.  Arkansas with good coaching gets good results.  Without it we don't.  We're not unique there.  LSU with Curly Hallman was terrible.  With Saban and Miles, they've been great.

To prove my point compare Broyles, Holtz, and Hatfield to Ford, Nutt, and Bert.  Ford might have gotten it done eventually, but he only got four years. 

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!

To prove my point compare Broyles, Holtz, and Hatfield to Ford, Nutt, and Bert.  Ford might have gotten it done eventually, but he only got four years. 

If you can't see the irony here I don't know what to tell you.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
If you can't see the irony here I don't know what to tell you.

How many national championships has Bert won before coming to Arkansas?

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve

yet we have more Texas kids than arkansas kids so maybe we should start asking for their oil blood money
Muzzy can eat a bag of dicks

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 39 queries.