Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

Is the open area in the NE corner of Razorback Stadium dumb?

Yes.
19 (21.6%)
No.
57 (64.8%)
Obligatory third option.
12 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: DWRRS Time-Lapse Construction Video (now with a dumb poll about the NE corner)  (Read 48839 times)

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
Re: DWRRS Time-Lapse Construction Video
« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
They're going to erect a giant jesus on top of it.

Frank, is that you?

Online JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's pussy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »
They're going to erect a giant jesus on top of it.

hopefully sideline warning Jesus will change our luck.

:notexas:

Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that…
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I’m say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2018, 11:27:27 AM »

:thumbup:

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2018, 11:44:12 AM »
JFC, could they not connect the two ends to the North and South stands so it looks like a more continuous bowl?  Bugs the shit out of me.

So now are stadium looks like 4 different sections b/c none connect properly.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »
JFC, could they not connect the two ends to the North and South stands so it looks like a more continuous bowl?  Bugs the shit out of me.

the building itself is fine.  it is the mishmash of materials that makes it look like a lego set.

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2018, 12:30:37 PM »
the building itself is fine.  it is the mishmash of materials that makes it look like a lego set.

I'm talking more about the inside of the stadium.  Sure they've "bowled" in the stadium but there's nothing bowl about it.  South stands are above the East/West stands and looks like more of the same in the North.

Alabama has consistently been adding to their stadium but you wouldn't know it b/c it looks like one big bowl.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »

Maybe this was discussed somewhere in this thread, but my weak memory is that as part of the agreement from whomever donated the land where the stadium is, there was never to be a bowled stadium so that fans could always look north and admire the Ozarks.  Maybe the opening between the new seats and the elevator keep this agreement in place?

Online Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2018, 12:39:41 PM »
I'm talking more about the inside of the stadium.  Sure they've "bowled" in the stadium but there's nothing bowl about it.  South stands are above the East/West stands and looks like more of the same in the North.

Alabama has consistently been adding to their stadium but you wouldn't know it b/c it looks like one big bowl.

They wanted to keep that part of nostalgia when people would sit on the hill and watch the games.  We don't need that anymore and you can't see it like you could back then so I would have bowled it in.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2018, 03:22:05 PM »

change your perspective and embrace the unsportsmanlike conduct jesus

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »

It's the east and west stands, man.
they extend beyond the endzones on each end. Truly bowling it in would leave a lot of open space beyond the endzone and the direction here is to put more profitable seating closer to the field.

I mean, I get what you're saying... but nobody is looking at this and thinking "look at those rednecks and their erector set stadium."
Visiting fans are always talking about how nice things are here. I have no idea why people bitch so much about how it looks.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Cousin Eddie

• Nothing But the Best
  • Boar
  • Somethin' 'real nice', Clark.
« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2018, 04:02:46 PM »
Maybe this was discussed somewhere in this thread, but my weak memory is that as part of the agreement from whomever donated the land where the stadium is, there was never to be a bowled stadium so that fans could always look north and admire the Ozarks.  Maybe the opening between the new seats and the elevator keep this agreement in place?

Look north and see....

Cleveland Hill?

Ok.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2018, 09:13:14 PM »
Look north and see....

Cleveland Hill?

Ok.
The Tyson Chicken Building is more like it.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2018, 07:22:04 AM »
Pretty much.

Anybody that has been to a game, much less Fayetteville and saw the artist's rendering of what the addition would have looked like, would have laughed.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2018, 06:57:11 PM »
It's the east and west stands, man.
they extend beyond the endzones on each end. Truly bowling it in would leave a lot of open space beyond the endzone and the direction here is to put more profitable seating closer to the field.

I mean, I get what you're saying... but nobody is looking at this and thinking "look at those rednecks and their erector set stadium."
Visiting fans are always talking about how nice things are here. I have no idea why people bitch so much about how it looks.
I seldomly agree with you about anything but you're spot on with this hot take, sir.

Sent from my 1999 Star-Tac via Tapatalk

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2018, 07:50:24 PM »
It’s kind of like Murry’s Catfish in Hazen; a bunch of mobile homes converted to dining rooms connected by makeshift hallways.

Offline Zoso

• Claims to have met Duckman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2018, 09:59:43 PM »
It’s kind of like Murry’s Catfish in Hazen; a bunch of mobile homes converted to dining rooms connected by makeshift hallways.

That was inspired by Cajun Express in Wheatley. It's a quite striking design...

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2018, 08:01:03 AM »

We have already tried to Out-Alabama Bama once and should probably not try again. :stache:

Offline Dr. Keporkian

• Groupthinker
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #342 on: July 18, 2018, 10:21:41 AM »
Seats are finally going in.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #343 on: July 19, 2018, 11:55:08 AM »
This  :suicide:
Look north and see....

Cleveland Hill?

Ok.

and This. :suicide:

Offline nwa_two_to_too

• A Shoat
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
Does anyone know if the east side Hog Heaven seats will now be accessible from a west side entrance? I’m tired of walking that never ending ramp.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »
Does anyone know if the east side Hog Heaven seats will now be accessible from a west side entrance? I’m tired of walking that never ending ramp.

that was in the plans

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Online Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #346 on: July 24, 2018, 08:52:56 AM »
Are they still on schedule to have it completed before the first game? It looks to me like they still have a lot of work to do.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2018, 09:22:47 AM »
It looks to me like they still have a lot of work to do.

Understatement.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2018, 09:48:35 AM »
Are they still on schedule to have it completed before the first game? It looks to me like they still have a lot of work to do.

Yes, they are still on schedule.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2018, 10:09:02 AM »
Yes, they are still on schedule.

according to one of the contractors I know working on the interior, they may be literally working to finish shit the night before the first game.