Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

Should Jeff Long be fired tonight?

Oh hell yes.
144 (78.3%)
Fuck no, we love pepsi.
40 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him  (Read 37761 times)

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
Re: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
But we're going to switch to a 3-4 to better emphasize our overall team speed.
:maundoed: :suicide:

Offline bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2017, 01:00:34 PM »

No other team quits faster than the Hogs!
Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
No other team quits faster than the Hogs!

Or, the fastest quiters just quit faster.

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2017, 01:38:02 PM »

Shouldn't we just lineup facing the same direction as the offense so we have a head start?

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »
Shouldn't we just lineup facing the same direction as the offense so we have a head start?

Holy crap  :maundoed:

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #130 on: January 04, 2017, 02:15:19 PM »
Jeff long on twitter rejects the idea the sky is falling so I'm guessing we will change nothing. Eventuallywont people stop giving to a program that continues to not win?
Muzzy can eat a bag of dicks

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #131 on: January 04, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »
Somebody refresh my memory, was it John White who made the call to go ahead and pay Nutt some severance money that he didn't really deserve?

Actually, though White was in the middle of that, I seem to recall seeing numbers showing we actually paid him a little bit less than what he was entitled to so he and the UA could indulge in the public fiction he "resigned" rather than was fired.  Most of what he got was what he was entitled to (i) under the contract, and (ii) deferred compensation he already had earned.   I think if he had simply said "fire my ass," we would have owed him a little more.  (Even so, we did, in fact, fire his ass.)

Regarding next year's offence, regardless of what Beilima wants and despite what the PR people and the TV talking heads think our core "team personality" is, the most consistently effective part of our offense was throwing the ball.  We're losing three guys who ran good routes and could grab the ball, even if none was fast enough to be a consistent deep threat.  The reasons we had big leads to blow, and the reason the final score in the Bama game didn't look any worse than it did, was because we could throw well at times, even against decent teams.  I think losing those receivers is huge.  I'm actually a little more optimistic about defensive improvement than offensive improvement.  I think some of our BB's are slowly beginning to show signs of life (relative to what they've been).

Damning with faint praise.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2017, 03:15:59 PM »
Actually, though White was in the middle of that, I seem to recall seeing numbers showing we actually paid him a little bit less than what he was entitled to so he and the UA could indulge in the public fiction he "resigned" rather than was fired.  Most of what he got was what he was entitled to (i) under the contract, and (ii) deferred compensation he already had earned.   I think if he had simply said "fire my ass," we would have owed him a little more.  (Even so, we did, in fact, fire his ass.)

Regarding next year's offence, regardless of what Beilima wants and despite what the PR people and the TV talking heads think our core "team personality" is, the most consistently effective part of our offense was throwing the ball.  We're losing three guys who ran good routes and could grab the ball, even if none was fast enough to be a consistent deep threat.  The reasons we had big leads to blow, and the reason the final score in the Bama game didn't look any worse than it did, was because we could throw well at times, even against decent teams.  I think losing those receivers is huge.  I'm actually a little more optimistic about defensive improvement than offensive improvement.  I think some of our BB's are slowly beginning to show signs of life (relative to what they've been).

Damning with faint praise.

considering how bad our defense was this year, any improvement would in fact, be a significant improvement.
Bring on White Chocolate

Offline Snowman Slayer

• Irreplaceably Irrelevant
  • Boar
  • The Man, The Myth, The Legend
« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2017, 03:18:51 PM »
We retained 9 players last year and we fielded that abortion of a defense.  No thanks.  Go fuck yourself Robb Smith.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #134 on: January 04, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »
We retained 9 players last year and we fielded that abortion of a defense.  No thanks.  Go fuck yourself Robb Smith.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline upine

• A Shoat
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2017, 04:57:11 PM »
This is a bad thing.

My only hope for our defense is that Smith is more to blame than Bielema and Smith gets let go/finds another job. If that happens, then there is a chance we can get a competent DC. A part of me, however, thinks that the defense may actually be more Bret's doing and not Smith"s. Either way, Bielema is responsible for the failures and corrections on both sides of the ball, even if he is a CEO type coach.

Online Love Handle

• A Shoat
« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2017, 04:59:23 PM »

Ellis would still be chasing his guy.

Offline cotte

• Retired Woopig Softballah and Evidently Admin
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: January 04, 2017, 05:56:33 PM »
Ellis would still be chasing his guy.

:maundoed:
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2017, 06:07:49 PM »
This page is awesome.  Are we good enough to tackle from behind?

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #139 on: January 04, 2017, 06:29:07 PM »
This page is awesome.  Are we good enough to tackle from behind?

we aren't Penn State
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
Listened to Biddy on that abortion of a show, DTS on my ride home. He claimed our corners were not slow and the issue was safeties and line backers. He's partially correct but he gave the Dline a pass. What team was he watching? He totally ignore that our tackling and pass coverage would be better exponentially if we pressure the QB consistently.
AYFSM?

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »
Listened to Biddy on that abortion of a show, DTS on my ride home. He claimed our corners were not slow and the issue was safeties and line backers. He's partially correct but he gave the Dline a pass. What team was he watching? He totally ignore that our tackling and pass coverage would be better exponentially if we pressure the QB consistently.

True enough, he's only partially correct because safeties and linebackers are only part of the defense.  We sucked across all 11 + coaching.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2017, 09:58:07 PM »
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2017, 10:05:37 PM »
Unless the other team is composed of ten year old boys, the Penn State comparison does not apply.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2017, 10:23:04 PM »
Unless the other team is composed of ten year old boys, the Penn State comparison does not apply.

They'd still score on us.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2017, 05:52:52 AM »

The safety play this year was the worst I've ever seen here. Not even close.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2017, 08:04:54 AM »
Jeff long on twitter rejects the idea the sky is falling so I'm guessing we will change nothing. Eventuallywont people stop giving to a program that continues to not win?
... or stop coming to games and associated events.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »
The safety play this year was the worst I've ever seen here. Not even close.

I'm not disputing that at all.. We have a coach who promoted building inside out but there was push on the line exposing the back 7. He said you can't get strong in a week to sell it yet the Hogs only imposed their will on Florida this season. I watch the elite teams like Alabama play angry. I watch the Razorbacks play scared or passive.
AYFSM?

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2017, 08:08:03 AM »
I'm not disputing that at all.. We have a coach who promoted building inside out but there was push on the line exposing the back 7. He said you can't get strong in a week to sell it yet the Hogs only imposed their will on Florida this season. I watch the elite teams like Alabama play angry. I watch the Razorbacks play scared or passive.
Emphasis on the passive.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2017, 10:23:42 AM »

D-line def under performed this year but they were doing something right in the first half against Va Tech.  What happened in the second half? 

Sounds like a corching issue to me.

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 41 queries.