Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

Should Jeff Long be fired tonight?

Oh hell yes.
144 (78.3%)
Fuck no, we love pepsi.
40 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him  (Read 38103 times)

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
Re: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him
« Reply #300 on: June 09, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
Tickets are available to the general public. There are quite a few seats available in 101,107, and 112. The big surprise and something that is very concerning is the number of outdoor club seats available. There are probably 150-200 South Outdoor club seats available and that hasn't happened since the renovation. The bigger problem is that we are opening a brand new section of club seats for the 2018 season. Did we overestimate demand? I think the big problem is the pricing. The huge price increase last year didn't sit well with fans and they gave up their seats. This could be a big problem moving forward. Did we use the current SOC pricing on our revenue projections to pay for the new seating? The sweet spot seemed to be $100 a ticket not $140.

I wondered how many individual tickets were available after season ticket packages were sold. I upgraded my tickets in section 112 to a few rows lower and closer to the stairs.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »
Tickets are available to the general public. There are quite a few seats available in 101,107, and 112. The big surprise and something that is very concerning is the number of outdoor club seats available. There are probably 150-200 South Outdoor club seats available and that hasn't happened since the renovation. The bigger problem is that we are opening a brand new section of club seats for the 2018 season. Did we overestimate demand? I think the big problem is the pricing. The huge price increase last year didn't sit well with fans and they gave up their seats. This could be a big problem moving forward. Did we use the current SOC pricing on our revenue projections to pay for the new seating? The sweet spot seemed to be $100 a ticket not $140.

The pricing is ridiculous.  The last time I was up there was for the Northern Illinois game and it took forever to get an arm band just to get to my seat.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #302 on: June 09, 2017, 11:12:42 AM »

Are those SOC gonna require a donation?
"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

Look, I know exactly what I typed and the next 3 people couldn't piece it together.

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
Are those SOC gonna require a donation?

yep.   $150 a seat. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #304 on: June 09, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »
yep.   $150 a seat.

Thanks for the heads up. I just scored two East Outdoor clubs for $900 each with donation.
"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

Look, I know exactly what I typed and the next 3 people couldn't piece it together.

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2017, 10:34:40 PM »
Not a lot of demand to watch Fat Bert bring in a 6 win season this year.

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2017, 11:39:59 PM »

Pricing is probably part of it, but hope is the main problem.  Bert's been here 4 years, and we see what we have.  We'll win 6-8 a year in perpetuity, and Jeff is perfectly fine with that.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline hogfan58

• Nothing that's out there that's not correctable - Bert
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2017, 06:26:29 AM »

We've had 4 SOC seats since the renovation and love them, never thought about moving because we are literally 5 steps from the club/restrooms and the wheelchair platform is right behind us, so we have a wall to our back, not seats. $100 a seat seemed a perfect price....$140 not so much. We debated keeping them, but did. If Jeff keeps raising the price, it won't be worth it, plus the donation. My 42" TV has a great picture and I don't need a wristband to drink.....and I can take my drink to my seat!
"Florida is kind of the new Ole Miss. They're doing some things in recruiting that kind of shock you a little bit" ~~ Bret Bielema, NSD 2016

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »
What is our team GPA these days.  I will expect a tweet in the next 24 hours reminding us. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2017, 10:33:11 PM »
Even if doubling down on the rediculous buyout wasn't enough reason to Can him (it is) he should be fired so he isn't hiring the next football and basketball coaches.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2017, 06:08:25 AM »
I do not want Jeff Long to make the next football foach hire.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
Finish improving the stadium and then fire him.

Offline PHARMHOG

• Boar
  • Master of Frugality
« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2017, 08:18:57 AM »
Finish firing Bert/Long and then finish the stadium.
Pleeeeasse don't report me to the moderator.

Online Tonic

• Local Sunshine Pumper
  • Boar
  • Keep On 'Stachin
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2017, 08:39:25 AM »
Long is not getting fired guys, he is too well liked by his boss'. Its a waste of time posting about this.

Bielema will get fired by the end of next season barring any SEC championship runs.
Don't waste your time with the mouth breathers.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #314 on: September 10, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »
Long is not getting fired guys, he is too well liked by his boss'. Its a waste of time posting about this.

Bielema will get fired by the end of next season barring any SEC championship runs.

Then his bosses need to go. People are making a very good living doing a terrible job.  If his bosses think making people pay for mediocrity is okay, and rewarding it with one sided contracts, then I question their ability to run the academic side.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #315 on: September 10, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »
Then his bosses need to go. People are making a very good living doing a terrible job.  If his bosses think making people pay for mediocrity is okay, and rewarding it with one sided contracts, then I question their ability to run the academic side.
The Athletic Dept has been living large here for a long time on people's money - big contracts, lots of bonuses, etc. 
It doesn't change until some real heavy hitters pull back. 

Offline Porkscrew Johnson

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #316 on: September 10, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
What is our team GPA these days.  I will expect a tweet in the next 24 hours reminding us.

I get your point and I wholeheartedly agree.  Here is where I am at on all this misdirection GPA, community service, horseshit coming out of our athletic department.  If I am being asked to donate money based upon academic performance, then I am going to donate money to academics (which I do).  I will support kids that want to solve real world issues, improve lives.... maybe cure cancer.  I am not going to donate money to the athletic department based upon GPA's.  They better entertain the ever-loving shit out of me come Saturday.  I don't want to watch a Chemistry Lab on the 50 yard line.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #317 on: September 10, 2017, 09:07:14 AM »
I don't want to watch a Chemistry Lab on the 50 yard line.

Might be the only help for this offense.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #318 on: September 10, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »
I get your point and I wholeheartedly agree.  Here is where I am at on all this misdirection GPA, community service, horseshit coming out of our athletic department.  If I am being asked to donate money based upon academic performance, then I am going to donate money to academics (which I do).  I will support kids that want to solve real world issues, improve lives.... maybe cure cancer.  I am not going to donate money to the athletic department based upon GPA's.  They better entertain the ever-loving shit out of me come Saturday.  I don't want to watch a Chemistry Lab on the 50 yard line.

I've laughed about this shit for years....ranks right up with aren't going pro bullshit commercials from the NCAA.....
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Mazeppa Pompazoidi

• A Shoat
« Reply #319 on: September 10, 2017, 09:50:05 AM »
I do not want Jeff Long to make the next football foach hire.

Yeah, we need a committee to hire the next coach............Oh wait. 

We're fucked.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #320 on: September 10, 2017, 10:15:42 AM »

His boss has bosses.  Most of them are bitching just like we are this morning...except they're doing it in the men's grill at LRCC, Pinnacle, Pleasant Valley, Chenal, and wherever the rich farmers from east Arkansas play golf. 

If this team wins fewer than 7 games, Burt needs to go at the end of this year, buyout be damned.  The way I understand it, while his buyout increase was stupid as hell, at least we didn't go full Aggy and make it all payable within two months.  Paying out $3MM per year over the next five would hurt, but not nearly as much as sucking ass over the next two.  It might mean hiring Mike Norvell instead of Mike Gundy, but I think that's the pond we'd be fishing in (or should be) regardless of buyout amount. 

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #321 on: September 10, 2017, 10:31:36 AM »
Long's last two hires were John L and Bielema.  The names that have floated around since Long has made hires were Tommy Bowden, Jim Grobe and Les Miles.  We cannot let this guy make the next hire.  It cannot happen.   

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »

Everyone everywhere is limiting capacity and focusing on club seating and better fan experience.  True expansions are rare.  This will probably be the last at RRS, I bet capacity never goes up further.

Baylor and TCU reduced their seats and put out basically brand new stadia focused on premium seating and amenities.  That seems to have worked.  aTm added a lot of seats and they deal with a lot of empties, but remember they also have 30K student seats to subsidize.  They have no more fans there than we do.

At the end of Nutt's tenure I am pretty sure we saw a jump in empties and a lot of people bailed, though not as bad.  Winning under Petrino really wound up demand and we nearly had all tickets presold.  If he were still here and winning 10 a year I have no doubt this expansion would go smoothly.  As it is, I think you're dead on and it won't work.

Part of this is the fact we can all stay home and watch it on TV and no doubt part is that people downstate willing to drive to Fayetteville 3 times a year (or 2 and give away 1 set) aren't buying 7 game packages.  I think they need to sell split packages.

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »
I know this: I have a 120 inch projection screen that I can watch every game on, but I still paid for season tickets in 2010-2011 and made the 3 hour drive to fayetteville every week and would have continued had the on-field quality warranted it.

It stopped warranting it in 2012 and hasn't since then. I haven't missed a game since I was a child, and I don't ever plan to, but I also won't be returning to nam to watch a weak bunch of limp penuses sleepwalk through a game, being led by a weak bunch of weak penuses on the coaching staff. I can complain from home and avoid traffic, thanks.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Cornhogio

• Boar
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »
Doesn't the university benefit more by excellence on the field, causing sellouts, higher contributions to the RF, etc.?  I thought I read somewhere that the RF turns over a significant amount of money to the university every year.  Wouldn't that go up if we had more money coming in?  Then, we really help GPA's for everyone, not just athletes.  This all seems tremendously short sighted, or worse, very cynical. 

I can tell you that there were at least 20 seats in the row behind me in the indoor club seating that were empty.  Think about that.  One of the best opponents we'll have in here this year, and all those empty seats. 

One last thing, the line to get food and beer in the indoor club section, even with all those empty seats, was 60 deep at any given time.  How does that happen?  Isn't part of the point of club seating not to have to wait in ridiculously long lines?  I know, first world problems. 

Cynical me thinks that it's part of the larger plan to try to sell that shit in the NEZ. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Page created in 3.163 seconds with 41 queries.