Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

Should Jeff Long be fired tonight?

Oh hell yes.
144 (78.3%)
Fuck no, we love pepsi.
40 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him  (Read 31300 times)

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
Re: Jeff Long. Fire him or keep him
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2017, 06:01:14 PM »
I'm thinking about foregoing tickets next year as a protest and just go up and buy them outside the stadium or hang out with teh woopiggas at a tailgate during the game if I can't find any decent ones. I can give the $50 minimum to Razorback foundation each year until Kermit's gone(to keep my points).  If Bert's not producing by the time his buyout drops, fire him too.
This is going to be a great 4 years and possibly 8.  The amount of butthurt from the left is already at glorious levels.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2017, 08:25:49 PM »
I'm thinking about foregoing tickets next year as a protest and just go up and buy them outside the stadium or hang out with teh woopiggas at a tailgate during the game if I can't find any decent ones. I can give the $50 minimum to Razorback foundation each year until Kermit's gone(to keep my points).  If Bert's not producing by the time his buyout drops, fire him too.
I have said before about buying tickets and then just getting my money back in the ticket exchange, but my dad loves going to the games. He hates the way we have played this year, but loves tailgating and watching the games.  I doubt we go to Arlington and I will probably only go to the TCU game and the Auburn game.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2017, 08:31:50 PM »
I have said before about buying tickets and then just getting my money back in the ticket exchange, but my dad loves going to the games. He hates the way we have played this year, but loves tailgating and watching the games.  I doubt we go to Arlington and I will probably only go to the TCU game and the Auburn game.

Shit, the only protesting I'm able to do is dropping my FIOS package that includes the SECnetwork.. 

That would have the same effect as a BLM member skipping on going to the polls.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2017, 08:32:32 PM »

Arlington will be all A&M fans.  Everyone I know that goes, and has pretty much gone every year won't be going this season.

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »
Arlington will be all A&M fans.  Everyone I know that goes, and has pretty much gone every year won't be going this season.

I live here and I'm tired of going.  Wife and kids were pissed about that late game and the way we lost.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • It's going to be a shit show.
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2017, 09:10:18 PM »
So what I'm reading is you guys want another complete nuclear attack, and start over from scratch?

I'm by no means happy with the current state of Razorback football or basketball. Jeff Long has me scratching my head over some decisions, but his tweet yesterday makes sense.

Firing the head coach right now is just as bad as what happened just 4 years ago. Bielema's job is safe. He is at the point of needing to re-fit his staff, but with the way recruiting works, he almost has to wait until signing day to drop the guillotine.

The AD's job is to sometimes play the Iraqi All is Well guy. Long said there would be changes. I'm betting there will be some firings. Maybe the help we want is still involved in finishing their commitment to their current job.

I'm highly doubting Coach B is actually happy with the way his team is performing. He's dropped veiled hints, but he can't just say "that Robb Smith has got to go" yet.

How are you supposed to have optimism if you see a number of disturbing trends? This isn't a Disney movie.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »
I live here and I'm tired of going.  Wife and kids were pissed about that late game and the way we lost.

Don't blame you.  I refused to go back the way we lost the 2014 game.

Offline IH8LSU

• Boar
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2017, 09:25:29 PM »
128 voters at 87.5%. Wow.
This is going to be a great 4 years and possibly 8.  The amount of butthurt from the left is already at glorious levels.

Offline gorillawarfare

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2017, 09:34:44 PM »

I'm done paying money to see this shit show as well.   I'm going to repurpose my donation and ticket funds into a kick ass vacation in the islands or Mexico this fall. If we're worth a shit I can still stream any games I might miss and if not Julio will be there to keep my drink full.  Seems like a win win.

Offline Turd F.

• Microagressor
  • Boar
  • Skiddly biddly bop!
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
I'm highly doubting Coach B is actually happy with the way his team is performing. He's dropped veiled hints, but he can't just say "that Robb Smith has got to go" yet.

Well Robb Smith isn't some sort of dynamic recruiter is he? If he was, I'd understand keeping him around, but I've never known him to be the reason why we get defensive recruits. It's usually because they like Smith (if they're in Louisiana) or because they like Bielema, right?
Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline Po Pimp

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2017, 09:51:24 PM »
 :dude1: and
Fire Kermit now. His buyout is $1.3mil or less by now.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/9933160/arkansas-athletic-director-jeff-long-receives-raise-texas-longhorns-interest

Then, if we fire Kermit, Bert might leave but probly won't. Then we just wait till his buyout drops then fire him if he continues to under-perform. My bill is in the mail, BOT.

Why does Long have a buyout?  Replacing him or any AD wouldn't be that difficult.

Online Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »
:dude1: and
Why does Long have a buyout?  Replacing him or any AD wouldn't be that difficult.

That's the cost of Integrity.
Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance -- Manifest Cluster Fuckage.

Offline Po Pimp

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2017, 10:04:48 PM »
128 voters at 87.5%. Wow.

Surprised that Long's family makes up 12.5% of the woopig brethren.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Tush Hog
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2017, 10:15:22 PM »
Well Robb Smith isn't some sort of dynamic recruiter is he? If he was, I'd understand keeping him around, but I've never known him to be the reason why we get defensive recruits. It's usually because they like Smith (if they're in Louisiana) or because they like Bielema, right?

I don't think you understand how the recruiting is broken up. It's not by position. The coaches all have areas of the country assigned to them. I know Robb Smith is loved by the players. He has to go, but it's a touchy situation.

Offline Turd F.

• Microagressor
  • Boar
  • Skiddly biddly bop!
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
I don't think you understand how the recruiting is broken up. It's not by position. The coaches all have areas of the country assigned to them. I know Robb Smith is loved by the players. He has to go, but it's a touchy situation.

I know people (like me) always blame the coaches first, but it this a situation where he just doesn't have a lot of good material to work with--not hating on the kids, but we were slow and out of position a lot of the time. Or a combination of the two?
Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2017, 08:00:39 AM »
I know people (like me) always blame the coaches first, but it this a situation where he just doesn't have a lot of good material to work with--not hating on the kids, but we were slow and out of position a lot of the time. Or a combination of the two?
Coaches recruit, coaches scheme.... Um, that called coaching.
AYFSM?

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »
Coaches recruit, coaches scheme.... Um, that called coaching.

We were faster and in position more 3 years ago when we had Spaight, Flowers and Philon.  All those guys were 3 stars, too.

We haven't recruited well on defense at all and we are SLOW.   

Online Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »
Wait, I thought all the recruitniks said our last couple classes have been better than they've ever been??
<--- I'm with him

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2017, 09:06:35 AM »
I hear what you're saying, but these same kids play the first half and succeed. For whatever reason in the second half they devolve into a bad jr high team. They are mentally and physically weak. They are very pussified, and I don't know who that falls on. You can be a shitty athlete, but with heart you can at least give it your all and never quit. Seems to me that would fall on the coaches. If Bret's doing it "the right way", he wouldn't tolerate quitting at the first sign of adversity.
It also doesn't help when they get a big lead and Bret feels content to sit on it and take his foot off the gas. Didn't one of his Wisc team boatrace someone 70-7 or something in a championship game? Nebraska maybe? What happened to that Bret? I'm kindof buying into y'alls theory that he's a little older and sitting on a guaranteed pile of cash, so his hunger to excel is pretty much nil. If he's lost the incentive of pride, then what else does he have to play for? Can I please have his job and have $3 mil to hug players and cry at press conferences after each game? Then when I fail, hit the lotto for failing. Sweet gig! 

Online The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2017, 09:10:08 AM »
You don't have to be talented to be sound.  BYU has players on defense who on average might not be as talented as some defenses in Texas 5A football, but they are disciplined and sound.  In our own conference most of us would trade our defense this year straight up for Vandy's.  You going to tell me that Vandy recruits better than we do.

Our problems are one hundred percent coaching.

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Boar
  • Repulsive Degenerate
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2017, 09:21:11 AM »
I hear what you're saying, but these same kids play the first half and succeed. For whatever reason in the second half they devolve into a bad jr high team. They are mentally and physically weak. They are very pussified, and I don't know who that falls on. You can be a shitty athlete, but with heart you can at least give it your all and never quit. Seems to me that would fall on the coaches. If Bret's doing it "the right way", he wouldn't tolerate quitting at the first sign of adversity.

This is exactly right.  It's not a talent issue for the most part.  It's conditioning, and it's mental, and every bit of that is on the coaching staff.

The lazy, lazy coaching staff.
This is a high quality post.

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2017, 09:59:34 AM »
Wait, I thought all the recruitniks said our last couple classes have been better than they've ever been??

You can recruit guys that are fast and lightly recruited just like you can recruit guys that are slow and elite recruits. Froholdt may have been a high 4-star DT but he was clearly way too slow to play the position.  Agim on the other hand isn't.

Team speed is really important in the SEC, especially now that everyone loves to run the spread.  We need to recruit speed first.

We look like a Big 10 team out there most of the time, we're just way too slow to keep up on defense.

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »
You can recruit guys that are fast and lightly recruited just like you can recruit guys that are slow and elite recruits. Froholdt may have been a high 4-star DT but he was clearly way too slow to play the position.  Agim on the other hand isn't.

Team speed is really important in the SEC, especially now that everyone loves to run the spread.  We need to recruit speed first.

We look like a Big 10 team out there most of the time, we're just way too slow to keep up on defense.

Yep, and those Big 10 teams got smashed for the most part in the bowl games. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline MDEM

• Hater
  • Boar
  • Repulsive Degenerate
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »

Slow.
Fundamentally unsound.
Weak.
Full of quit.
No halftime adjustments.
Low endurance.
Sitting on leads in the first half.
Insulted coaches all across Texas; damaging recruiting in the process.

Yep, Big 10 ball with a Nutt at the helm, and a massive buyout.  How the hell did we get here? 
This is a high quality post.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2017, 11:35:52 AM »

Yep, Big 10 ball with a Nutt at the helm, and a massive buyout.  How the hell did we get here?

By motorcycle.

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 37 queries.