Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2017 NFL Offseason Thread  (Read 100412 times)

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Re: 2017 NFL Offseason Thread
« Reply #600 on: August 11, 2017, 05:59:00 AM »
That was his brother, Jacob. Cody has been hurt for a week or so.

Ok NFL.com had Cody catching those.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #601 on: August 11, 2017, 06:29:49 AM »
NBC...the terrorist fake news network that wants to see Kaepernick get a shot.

I watched the first series and could have wrote this paragraph, he threw a couple balls that could have been caught..one he shorted armed a bit trying to get cute on the throw and the first pass the runningback just flat out didn't catch the ball. This is clearly vindication that Mallett sucks balls and must be cut immediately.

3 yards per attempt is fake news?

Even Rick Schaeffer would have trouble spit-shining that turd. 

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #602 on: August 11, 2017, 08:16:36 AM »
Hot take:
I don't give a shit if Kaepernick is on an NFL roster or not.  He seems to be a typical hypocritical hipster douchebag, which last I checked is not a crime (unfortunately).  Running dog fighting rings, driving drunk, selling drugs and beating the shit out of women are in fact crimes, however.  If you aren't screaming for those guys to be blackballed out of the NFL then I don't need to hear your bitching about Kaepernick.  If he can play he deserves a try by some team, much more so than some of the garbage I see teams running out there now.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline USAFHawg

• Boar
« Reply #603 on: August 11, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »

I watched the first series and could have wrote this paragraph, he threw a couple balls that could have been caught..one he shorted armed a bit trying to get cute on the throw and the first pass the runningback just flat out didn't catch the ball. This is clearly vindication that Mallett sucks balls and must be cut immediately.

Running back had the ball go through his hands.
Second pass was dropped by Campanero (he probably hurt himself missing it since he is always injured)
The underthrown ball mentioned would've been called a genius back shoulder throw had Brady or Rogers made the same pass

I stopped watching after that.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #604 on: August 11, 2017, 09:04:38 AM »
Word (unconfirmed) out of Miami is that Raekwon McMillan tore his ACL last night.  It was on his first play, on punt coverage.  Didn't even get to take one snap on defense.

We can't have nice things either. 

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #605 on: August 11, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »
I would say Scott Bull was probably the next most successful hog QB in the NFL, for a little while.

Emphasis on "little."

Bull completed 76 of 193 passes in his NFL career, which lasted three seasons. 

1976:  21-48 (43.8%), 252 yds., 2 TD, 4 INT
1977:  7-24 (29.2%), 89 yds., 0 TD, 2 INT
1978:  48-121 (39.7%), 651 yds., 1 TD, 11 INT

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #606 on: August 11, 2017, 09:19:17 AM »

Emphasis on "little."

I was in college in 77 and 78 so don't remember those seasons.  1 TD, 11 INTs will run you out of the league quick.  I guess I remember he had a nice Monday night game.  I take that back.  Ferguson.  No one else.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #607 on: August 11, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »

Emphasis on "little."

Bull played in 36 games over his three seasons with the 49ers.  Interestingly, Clint Stoerner played in only 5 games with the Cowboys over two seasons, but threw more career TD passes than Bull (4 to Bull's 3).

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #608 on: August 11, 2017, 09:25:31 AM »
Clint Stoerner is the standard for Razorback NFL QB greatness for me, and I'm almost 40.  Before Ryan Mallett, the last Arkansas QB drafted in ANY round was Kevin Scanlon, a 12th-round pick 37 years ago.

Ouch.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #609 on: August 11, 2017, 09:28:09 AM »
Clint Stoerner is the standard for Razorback NFL QB greatness for me, and I'm almost 40.  Before Ryan Mallett, the last Arkansas QB drafted in ANY round was Kevin Scanlon, a 12th-round pick 37 years ago.

Ouch.

The highest-drafted Razorback QB in my lifetime was Matt Jones.

The irony being, of course, that he wasn't being drafted to play QB in the NFL. 

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #610 on: August 11, 2017, 09:34:28 AM »
The highest-drafted Razorback QB in my lifetime was Matt Jones.

The irony being, of course, that he wasn't being drafted to play QB in the NFL.

Yeah, I didn't count him since he was drafted as a WR.

How crazy is that number, though?  Not  a single Hog QB was drafted between 1980-2011, and the guy in 1980 was a 12th rounder.  Joe Ferguson was the last one to be drafted before the 5th round, when he was taken in the 3rd round 44 years ago.  Clint Stoerner is the only one I can even remember off the top of my head taking a snap before Mallett/Wilson/Allen.

Alcorn State has a better pro QB record than us.

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »
This had me thinking about how we compare to the rest of the SEC.  Without googling, the QBs taking higher in the draft:

BAMA:  Croyle, McCarron
Auburn:  Campbell, Cam
OM:  Eli
MState: Dak
LSU:  Russell, Mettenberger, Flynn?
TN:  Peyton, Shuler
KY: Couch
Fla:  Matthews, Tebow, Wuerffel
GA: Stafford
Vandy: Cutler
USCe:  ???

So we are right there with the Cocks as far as NFL QBs for a generation.  Wow.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:52:14 AM by Nolapigz »
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2017, 09:49:04 AM »
Word (unconfirmed) out of Miami is that Raekwon McMillan tore his ACL last night.  It was on his first play, on punt coverage.  Didn't even get to take one snap on defense.

We can't have nice things either.

For all the accolades Morgan has been getting it looks like he didn't record a single stat? Did he play?

Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2017, 10:02:23 AM »
Yeah, I didn't count him since he was drafted as a WR.

How crazy is that number, though?  Not  a single Hog QB was drafted between 1980-2011, and the guy in 1980 was a 12th rounder.  Joe Ferguson was the last one to be drafted before the 5th round, when he was taken in the 3rd round 44 years ago.  Clint Stoerner is the only one I can even remember off the top of my head taking a snap before Mallett/Wilson/Allen.

Alcorn State has a better pro QB record than us.

During that time, we ran off at least two QBs who went to other schools and then were drafted.

Mike Cherry was with the Hogs from 1993-1994, then transferred to Murray State.  He was taken in the 6th round by the Giants in 1997.

Tarvaris Jackson was a Razorback from 2001-2002, then transferred to Alabama State.  He was taken in the 2nd round by the Vikings in 2006. 

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »

I did not watch the game and cannot comment on how he actually performed but I do know that especially in preseason games players are graded more on how they personally do their job rather than the end result.  There are so many players in camp and they want all of them to get playing time which makes it's very hard to get any continuity.  If Mallett throws to a spot where the WR is supposed to be but isn't for some reason he's not graded down for that.  That also works the other way of course.  My point is that fans nor beat writers know the teams playbook well enough to know where every single receiver is supposed to be on every single play. 

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2017, 11:05:30 AM »
For all the accolades Morgan has been getting it looks like he didn't record a single stat? Did he play?

I didn't watch that much but he was in there blocking during mop-up time.   Unfortunately for him, there is a lot of good competition at wideout.  It would shock me if he doesn't get cut soon.  I mean, I guess unless Cutler falls in love with his fearlessness over the middle.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
This had me thinking about how we compare to the rest of the SEC.  Without googling, the QBs taking higher in the draft:

BAMA:  Croyle, McCarron
Auburn:  Campbell, Cam
OM:  Eli
MState: Dak
LSU:  Russell, Mettenberger, Flynn?
TN:  Peyton, Shuler
KY: Couch
Fla:  Matthews, Tebow, Wuerffel
GA: Stafford
Vandy: Cutler
USCe:  ???

So we are right there with the Cocks as far as NFL QBs for a generation.  Wow.
How can you forget Rex Grossman or Patrick Ramsey?
Also, at UGA, you've got Shockley, Greene and Quincy Carter who were all drafted fairly high I think.
Aaron Murray, Tee Martin, Greg McElroy and Andre Woodson were all mid-to-late round picks.
A handful of SEC QB's just weren't drafted. Lorenzen, Connor Shaw, etc.

SC has had a wasteland of marginal talent with guys like Mitchell and Garcia, etc. but I think a lot of that just goes along with how Spurrier shuffled QBs there like a mad man.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #617 on: August 11, 2017, 11:24:19 AM »

I just don't foresee him ever staying healthy enough to compete.

As good as he was, he seemed to just barely get by with a shoulder tied up most of his time here. Just can't compete like that in the NFL unfortunately.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline TWPFKAHDH

• The WooPigger Formerly Known as High Def Hog
  • A Shoat
« Reply #618 on: August 11, 2017, 11:27:24 AM »
Adam Schefter reporting Zeeeek will be suspended 6 games.  Dumbass

All Lives Are Matter

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #619 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »

It seemed like his first two years, we would hear all fall about what a stud he was in practice, and then you'd never see him until game 8.  May take the same route at the next level.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #620 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:43 AM »
Adam Schefter reporting Zeeeek will be suspended 6 games.  Dumbass

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #621 on: August 11, 2017, 11:34:41 AM »
6 games is asinine.

They're referencing the exact same policy that dished out a one game suspension to that damn kicker last year after he had been charged and convicted, I believe.
This smacks of Mara favoritism.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #622 on: August 11, 2017, 11:54:55 AM »
Gooddell certainly pissed in Jerry's cheerio's this morning.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:56:55 PM by HogofWar »

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #623 on: August 11, 2017, 01:11:46 PM »
Smells like someone didn't get an invite to Jerrah's balls out induction party.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #624 on: August 11, 2017, 01:38:35 PM »
Just bullshit.  I find woman beating about as horrific a crime as there is, hated the Greg Hardy signing, but in this case there was no arrest, nothing close to an arrest, no history, no nothing.  The league puts together a "panel" of fancy names of which none have a forensic or crime background that go contrary to police investigators.  Typical Gooddell witchhunt designed to cover his ass after bungling these things with Ray Rice and others.

The issue of Giants favoritism in the league office is real and the league needs to move the fucker out of NYC to some place like Des Moines or Wichita.  The lead investigator for the league is a huge Giants fanatic and season ticket holder.

Jerry will plot his revenge.  Here is where Garrett has to prove himself as a coach.  Belichik used, once again, the world is against us path with the Brady suspension to win a Super Bowl.  Garrett needs to do the same.