Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2017 NFL Offseason Thread  (Read 96000 times)

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
Re: 2017 NFL Offseason Thread
« Reply #725 on: August 24, 2017, 02:26:13 PM »
I think the Vikes are going to pretty good this season.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #726 on: August 24, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
Good, they can finish 2nd in the division (easily) and hope for a Wildcard slot.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #727 on: August 24, 2017, 05:16:57 PM »
Uhhh...kaepernick opted out of his contract.  Such bullshit. 

Also, I'm sodomizing myself with my iPhone using lemonparty.com
This isn't brought up near enough.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline tboned

• A Shoat
« Reply #728 on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:40 PM »
This isn't brought up near enough.

Where's the outrage?

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #729 on: August 24, 2017, 09:07:38 PM »
Drew Morgan sighting.  He just ran about 30 yards at near full speed to fair catch a punt.  And he seems to be a passable decoy on pass plays.   But at least he hasn't spit on anyone. 

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #730 on: August 24, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »
Looks like BA's not even going to get in the game at Jacksonville. I hope he finds a way to get on another team. That organization sucks balls.

Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #731 on: August 24, 2017, 09:39:46 PM »
Looks like BA's not even going to get in the game at Jacksonville. I hope he finds a way to get on another team. That organization sucks balls.

3rd string guys don't normally play in the week 3 of the preseason...it's kind of a dress rehersal and only legit players like Blake Bortels and Chad Henne get any run.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #732 on: August 24, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »
3rd string guys don't normally play in the week 3 of the preseason...it's kind of a dress rehersal and only legit players like Blake Bortels and Chad Henne get any run.

Laying the sarcasm on pretty heavy there

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #733 on: August 25, 2017, 08:11:08 AM »

To Animals point, this can play in his favor.  He will likely start next week and get at least a half. I think he has done enough to at least keep his job this season.  The issue here is on Bortles.  This game is likely to define his career; a bad half and he might get cut with Henne starting and BA at 2.  It being Jacksonville, its a complete shitshow from their lunatic owner to Doug Marrone and senile Tom Coughlin.  Whatever the right decision is they will not make it.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #734 on: August 25, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »
I would bet Allen starts and plays the entire game unless the Jags want to carry the QB competition out. That last preseason game is normally a development game.

I think they'll make the economic decision to cut Bortles and pick up a veteran that may over take Henne. Bortles is probably still the better option but it sounds like they may be ready to move on.

Allen could show that he's an option as the primary backup but I doubt they do that. He will prob go back on the practice squad.

Is Nick Foles on the trading block?

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #735 on: August 25, 2017, 09:17:30 AM »
I would bet Allen starts and plays the entire game unless the Jags want to carry the QB competition out. That last preseason game is normally a development game.

I think they'll make the economic decision to cut Bortles and pick up a veteran that may over take Henne. Bortles is probably still the better option but it sounds like they may be ready to move on.

Allen could show that he's an option as the primary backup but I doubt they do that. He will prob go back on the practice squad.

Is Nick Foles on the trading block?

I thought they had a fourth arm in camp, if so I dont think they'll want to risk Allen playing with scrubs against scrubs fighting for their jobs and film.  If they dont have a fourth QB then hell play the whole game. Unless they want to see if Bortles can play against a bunch of never will bes.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #736 on: August 25, 2017, 11:41:42 AM »
If Bortles doesn't win the starting job, they would be morons to keep him on just to be a backup.
It's pretty much Henne or Bortles at this point, and if Henne wins out, they don't seem to have much of an issue with carrying BA as a backup.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #737 on: August 26, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »
Looks like Knile had a subpar night for the Steelers or the o-line can't block worth a damn. Cobi was targeted three times and has one catch.

And with the Steelers driving towards the end zone for the go-ahead touchdown, Landry Jones does his thing and throws a pick. At least he's consistent.

Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #738 on: August 26, 2017, 11:05:50 PM »
If Bortles doesn't win the starting job, they would be morons to keep him on just to be a backup.
It's pretty much Henne or Bortles at this point, and if Henne wins out, they don't seem to have much of an issue with carrying BA as a backup.

Bottles has evidently"won" the starting job. It's a travesty if yyask me and a matter of money. BA is clearly the most effective QB on that roster

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #739 on: August 26, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »
The entire Jags organization is just doing what they have done best for years.

Julian Edelman is out with an ACL

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
2017 NFL Offseason Thread
« Reply #740 on: August 27, 2017, 08:00:33 AM »
Bortles should go out there and fall down and collect his check for the year.

Hitchens is out for the season, was starting LB for the Cowgirls

« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:03:09 AM by Animal »

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #741 on: August 27, 2017, 08:11:48 AM »
Saints defense looking pretty solid.  Lattimore at CB looks like the real deal.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #742 on: August 27, 2017, 09:17:01 AM »
Bortles should go out there and fall down and collect his check for the year.

Hitchens is out for the season, was starting LB for the Cowgirls

Cowboys continue to struggle with injuries.  Hitches had greatly improved and was having a fantastic preseason, now likely out for season. 

The mighty OLine is a mess after losing two starters to FA and retirement.  Chaz Green was slated for LG and went down again with an injury last night.  Collins is struggling with move to RT and the backups are marginal.

The secondary has loads of talent but every one is hurt. 

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #743 on: August 27, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
I know it's preseason but Dak has looked even better.

<--- I'm with him

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #744 on: August 27, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »
I think Dak is a studious player who will constantly drive to improve.  If the line were intact I think the offense would be a powerhouse.  Ryan switzer, if healthy, really adds a tough equation paired with Beasley in the slots.  Dez is finally healthy.  Witten is really revitalized.  Alfred Morris and DMac are improved at blitz pickup.  That LG slot is the real hole.

Also, I'm sodomizing myself with my iPhone using lemonparty.com

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #745 on: August 27, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
Spencer Ware reportedly gone for the year...KC will probably need to pick up a guy because I'm not so sure Hunt is ready to carry the load. Would like to see Alex Collins get a shot seeings how the Seahawks appear loaded at RB.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #746 on: August 27, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »
Elway has made very few mistakes since he took the team over but I don't think the Broncos are going to be a viable contender this year with Simian and apparently Lynch is just not developing. 

Underwhelming run game and mediocre passing game isn't going to win the new AFC West. 

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
2017 NFL Offseason Thread
« Reply #747 on: August 29, 2017, 12:51:28 AM »
Lions sign Stafford to extension worth 5 yrs $135million making him highest paid player.  0 playoff wins, but it's Detroit.

$92mil guaranteed.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:54:14 AM by TexZilla »

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #748 on: August 29, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »
Lions sign Stafford to extension worth 5 yrs $135million making him highest paid player.  0 playoff wins, but it's Detroit.

$92mil guaranteed.

There is 1 Super Bowl ring among the top 5-paid QB's.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #749 on: August 29, 2017, 08:19:53 AM »
Cowboys continue to struggle with injuries.  Hitches had greatly improved and was having a fantastic preseason, now likely out for season. 

The mighty OLine is a mess after losing two starters to FA and retirement.  Chaz Green was slated for LG and went down again with an injury last night.  Collins is struggling with move to RT and the backups are marginal.

The secondary has loads of talent but every one is hurt.

Did I dream that I heard a radio report that Hitchens is only out 8 weeks?  No ligament damage, but broken top of the tibia, which many people walking down the street have, but don't realize except their knee always hurts.