Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2017 NFL Offseason Thread  (Read 96000 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: 2017 NFL Offseason Thread
« Reply #625 on: August 11, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »
the league needs to move the fucker out of NYC to some place like Des Moines or Wichita. 

Ohh, or Little Rock . . .

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #626 on: August 11, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »

Ohh, or Little Rock . . .

I thought of that and they'd never do it because they perceive LR as the personal fiefdom of Jerry. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #627 on: August 11, 2017, 02:35:38 PM »
they'll move the nfl office to St Louis

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #628 on: August 11, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2016/09/tiffany-thompsons-texts-asking-friends-to-lie-say-ezekiel-elliott-beat-her/7/
The NFL took this evidence along with a private interview with the accuser to come to it's conclusion.

I'll give accusers the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but when multiple people are claiming to have direct knowledge that the accusations are false -- along with text messages from the accuser asking them to lie about what actually happened -- then it's a different story.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:30:27 PM by Stephen Colboar »
I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #629 on: August 11, 2017, 05:38:50 PM »
The more I read about this, the more I wonder how Roger Goodell is going to survive this.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #630 on: August 11, 2017, 05:43:31 PM »
Have to agree with Texzilla. This is some Bullshit.

Sent while RMPL

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #631 on: August 11, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »
I even hate the Cowboys and I think it smells.

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #632 on: August 11, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »
Probably about right for an entitled degenerate like Zeke. They're just nipping it in the bud. Cris Carter knows what's up.

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #633 on: August 11, 2017, 07:25:29 PM »
For my fellow Steeler fans--I no longer have cable, just streaming, but per the gamecast on ESPN:

Dobbs has looked like dog shit but did have a TD pass to Hamilton at the end of the half.
Cobi Hamilton is having a nice game so far with two long receptions, one being for a TD. I really hope he sticks, but the competition at WR is fierce.
TJ Watt already has 2 sacks and 3 QB hits total.
Knile has 15 yards on 4 attempts.

Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #634 on: August 11, 2017, 07:40:43 PM »
For my fellow Steeler fans--I no longer have cable, just streaming, but per the gamecast on ESPN:

Dobbs has looked like dog shit but did have a TD pass to Hamilton at the end of the half.
Cobi Hamilton is having a nice game so far with two long receptions, one being for a TD. I really hope he sticks, but the competition at WR is fierce.
TJ Watt already has 2 sacks and 3 QB hits total.
Knile has 15 yards on 4 attempts.

Spot on.  Not impressed with Dobbs.  He did have a long run reminiscent of what he did at Tennessee.  Hamilton and Watt were the highpoint for the Steelers.  Fortunate to have the lead at halftime.

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #635 on: August 11, 2017, 07:50:26 PM »
Huh. They're having Cobi return kickoffs vs. Knile which is the reason Knile was brought in.  ???

Nick Cave: "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #636 on: August 11, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »
Huh. They're having Cobi return kickoffs vs. Knile which is the reason Knile was brought in.  ???

I'm afraid the Sins of Bobby will last generations.  :stache:

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »
I'm afraid the Sins of Bobby will last generations.  :stache:

Knile was the featured back that drive, so I think that's why it was that way.

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #638 on: August 11, 2017, 08:23:55 PM »
Unbeatable.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #639 on: August 11, 2017, 08:35:55 PM »
Knile was the featured back that drive, so I think that's why it was that way.

Just presenting "alternative facts" for those so inclined.  :stache:

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #640 on: August 11, 2017, 08:36:55 PM »
Evan Ingram looks like a South Park character. Or like a photograph that's had water sitting on it.  His face is all akimbo.

Offline Turd F.

• Skiddly biddly bop
  • Boar
« Reply #641 on: August 11, 2017, 08:38:38 PM »
Knile ended up with 8 carries for 34 yards. 1 KO return for a measly 15 yards.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #642 on: August 11, 2017, 09:59:50 PM »
Probably about right for an entitled degenerate like Zeke. They're just nipping it in the bud. Cris Carter knows what's up.

Serious question here.
Why is Gronkowski's partying glorified?
There are obviously some subtleties at play here, but it's pretty wild to see how fine a line is drawn between acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior.

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #643 on: August 11, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »
Serious question here.
There are obviously some subtleties at play here, but it's pretty wild to see how fine a line is drawn between acceptable behavior and unacceptable behavior.

People love a grinning jock. It does help to be white and goofy.

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #644 on: August 11, 2017, 11:14:13 PM »
Serious question here.

Not sure, I've never heard of Gronkowski being violent or a sex offender.

And I'm not so sure Gronkowski's partying is widely glorified. It seems to be big among other like-minded partiers and the liberal media.

Offline lawtiger

• Loyal Citizen of Zamunda
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sexual Chocolate
« Reply #645 on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:17 AM »
People love a grinning jock. It does help to be white and goofy.

This, but also a bit of this, too:

I'm gonna be bigger than Jesus
Bigger than wrestling
Bigger than the Beatles
And bigger than breast implants

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #646 on: August 12, 2017, 09:35:58 AM »
After the Ray Rice and Josh Brown ineptitude/ Giants knobsucking by Goodell he is going to use his absolute powers to enforce this ruling to show he is a friend to all women and anti DV Warrior regardless of the evidence.  He only loses if there is a perception of leniency towards a D.C. Situation.  Zeke was fucked from the beginning here.  And you are seeing him being praised for standing up for women by the less informed out there.

Zeke needs a wake up call though.  He is a partying knucklehead who needs to grow up.

Also, I'm sodomizing myself with my iPhone using lemonparty.com

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #647 on: August 12, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »

And I'm not so sure Gronkowski's partying is widely glorified. It seems to be big among other like-minded partiers and the liberal media.
There are subtle differences, sure.
It's treated differently with Gronk, though. There's a "gronk being gronk" schtick that is used with his incidents, while other players get an out-of-control label applied.

I mean, we're talking about the guy who said "screw it, I'm throwing some haymakers" about a brawl at the end of a super bowl.... who goes shirtless and runs up six figure bar tabs.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/05/rob-gronkowski-bodyslam-vegas/1893483/
Plus, we're not far off from pulling-down-a-shirt territory here, and this is one of several similar incidents.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/26/rob-gronkowski-its-motorboat-time-unleashes-on-boobies/

I'm not attempting to trash Gronk, I'm just wondering why his partying and general horseplay in public is laughed at, while it's looked at as a problem for others.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:55:49 PM by Stephen Colboar »

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ride or die...for now.
« Reply #648 on: August 12, 2017, 01:08:17 PM »
There are subtle differences, sure.
It's treated differently with Gronk, though. There's a "gronk being gronk" schtick that is used with his incidents, while other players get an out-of-control label applied.

I mean, we're talking about the guy who said "screw it, I'm throwing some haymakers" about a brawl at the end of a super bowl.... who goes shirtless and runs up six figure bar tabs.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/05/rob-gronkowski-bodyslam-vegas/1893483/
Plus, we're not far off from pulling-down-a-shirt territory here, and this is one of several similar incidents.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/26/rob-gronkowski-its-motorboat-time-unleashes-on-boobies/

I'm not attempting to trash Gronk, I'm just wondering why his partying and general horseplay in public is laughed at, while it's looked at as a problem for others.

Wondering my ass. You're fishing for a specific response.

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #649 on: August 12, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
I'm not fishing for anything.

Only Gronk gets treated this way, to my knowledge.
Why?

The ol' party problem narrative has completely disappeared with him.
It's a punchline now.