Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Need a back Dr.  (Read 1059 times)

Offline NotHereToMakeSense

• A Shoat
Need a back Dr.
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:38:39 AM »
Im needing to see a dr( neurosurgeon, orthopedic) about some back issues.  My chiro told me to go see a real Dr.  My options are pretty limited here in the greater Mandeville- Garland City metro.   I will go anywhere in Arkansas, Dallas, Houston areas.   Any suggestions other than Dr Drew or Dr OZ will be appreciated

Offline pigtacular

• King of the Hogs
  • I know, my behavior can be... *erratic* sometimes
Re: Need a back Dr.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »
Zack Mason
David St. Hubbins: We say, "Love your brother." We don't say it really, but...
Nigel:We don't literally say it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't say it.
Nigel: We don't really, literally mean it.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
I advise you to really do your homework and do back surgery as a last resort. You can't unring that bell once it's been rung. I've seen plenty of patients have back surgery, then have to come back for more back surgeries (fusions...) because the pain was still there, or worse. Back surgery is so hit and miss.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Scotty Doesn't Know

• Guns. Boom. America.
  • Boar
  • Not a doctor.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:53:49 AM »
I advise you to really do your homework and do back surgery as a last resort. You can't unring that bell once it's been rung. I've seen plenty of patients have back surgery, then have to come back for more back surgeries (fusions...) because the pain was still there, or worse. Back surgery is so hit and miss.

This. My dad has had 7 hernia surgeries and 6 back surgeries. one screws up, you overcompensate, then boom you have bigger issues. Thank god for Tricare.
That's what I do. I drink and I know things.

Offline NotHereToMakeSense

• A Shoat
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 12:59:10 PM »
Im not at all ready to go down the surgery road. Just feeling out option. I have a long almost 30 yr history of trying to stay out of the operating room and Im only 45.  The disc between L5 and S1 is just about gone, as well as most of the ones in my lumbar area.  lots of degenerative bone loss  with, of course bone spurs. I have pretty much done all the things they tell you not to do with a bad back.  and ive become a fat ass, which does not help.  Im going on my third month of constant pain.  Started trying yoga after Christmas.  Now im a fatass that can touch my toes.  Saw a pain mgt dr yesterday and going to give that a try for a while.  Hopefully start eating a salad every now and then.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 03:11:21 PM »
Pain mgmt. is a good road to go down 1st.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 05:34:20 AM »
Backiotomy??

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 10:17:05 PM »
Zack Mason

Mason is the best in LR IMO.

There are a slew of good ones in DFW, most of which I don't know personally.  In Arlington I like Sabatino Bianco and Jesse Even.  Even is a hell of a guy and an excellent surgeon, despite the fact he's David Lee's (ex-Ark/OM QB coach) son in law.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 08:11:35 AM »
Backiotomy??

Took longer than expected, to be honest, apart from my support of ISIS,
When did you stop beating your gay lover?

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 32 queries.