Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Do you believe in reverse racism?  (Read 4965 times)

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
Re: Do you believe in reverse racism?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 01:13:52 PM »
Not directed at you but I get hung up on it because it's generally used by poor suffering white men who somehow believe that the rest of the world (those that aren't poor suffering white men) believes that only white people are racist and that there are no such things as racist black people or racist hispanic people or facist asian people.

Wait, how did fascism get into this?

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
Personal definitions only.  Certainly not how these terms are portrayed in the mainstream media.

Racism = observing that there are races and differences between races. Thus racism could be good or bad.  Blacks have different hair and win almost all the Sprint events in track = just facts. Blacks are dumber and should be enslaved = not facts, plus evil.

Discrimination can also be good or bad. The Angels discriminate (choose, exclude) to start Mike Trout over me in the outfield. That's good for just about everybody, including me. A company discriminates by refusing to interview or hire Asian women. That's bad, that's wrong.

A guy says white guys are slower. Maybe that's true as a group (see point about sprints, above) but I don't see it in these particular white guys. Plus, he adds on that it makes them worse at basketball. That's not true at all. I'm not AS worried at his racism as I am at his wrongness.

That's also a much more general approach I have -- I am much more concerned about whether something is right or wrong, than whether it's "racist" or not.

Offline Wooisme

• A Shoat
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »
Personal definitions only.  Certainly not how these terms are portrayed in the mainstream media.

Racism = observing that there are races and differences between races. Thus racism could be good or bad.  Blacks have different hair and win almost all the Sprint events in track = just facts. Blacks are dumber and should be enslaved = not facts, plus evil.

Discrimination can also be good or bad. The Angels discriminate (choose, exclude) to start Mike Trout over me in the outfield. That's good for just about everybody, including me. A company discriminates by refusing to interview or hire Asian women. That's bad, that's wrong.

A guy says white guys are slower. Maybe that's true as a group (see point about sprints, above) but I don't see it in these particular white guys. Plus, he adds on that it makes them worse at basketball. That's not true at all. I'm not AS worried at his racism as I am at his wrongness.

That's also a much more general approach I have -- I am much more concerned about whether something is right or wrong, than whether it's "racist" or not.

So you are brazenly prejudiced against wrong people...   :stache:
Giving yourself the best chance to hire an elite coach?  4-5 Million dollars
Giving an elite coach the facilities he needs for your program?  35-50 Million dollars
Firing that coach?  Priceless.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
Yeah. A team with 3 Larry Birds wouldn't have a chance.
I remember Rodman caught a ton of shit years ago for saying that if Larry Bird were black he'd be just another good player.  Isaiah even caught hell for backing Rodman up and agreeing with him.
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »

Oh absolutely.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »
I remember Rodman caught a ton of shit years ago for saying that if Larry Bird were black he'd be just another good player.  Isaiah even caught hell for backing Rodman up and agreeing with him.

They caught hell because they were wrong. Bird is 16th on the NBA all time ppg list with 24.3, the 15 above him are all time legends as well. He also averaged 10 rebounds and 6 assists per game...
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2017, 02:01:36 PM »
They caught hell because they were wrong. Bird is 16th on the NBA all time ppg list with 24.3, the 15 above him are all time legends as well. He also averaged 10 rebounds and 6 assists per game...

They weren't wrong in the sense that he was the mega-superstar he was because he had a lot of fans because he was white.  I don't deny that's why I liked Bird and McHale.  They were more like me. The difference is, I don't see anything wrong with that.  Just like I don't see anything wrong with a black person's favorite country singer being Charlie Pride or Darius Rucker.  Tip of the hat, nod of the head.

• Boar
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 02:05:50 PM »
They weren't wrong in the sense that he was the mega-superstar he was because he had a lot of fans because he was white.  I don't deny that's why I liked Bird and McHale.  They were more like me. The difference is, I don't see anything wrong with that.  Just like I don't see anything wrong with a black person's favorite country singer being Charlie Pride or Darius Rucker.  Tip of the hat, nod of the head.

Every player with stats like him was a mega superstar, regardless of color.

Disclaimer: I hated the Celtics back then, still do. I respected Bird, but didn't like him.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »

Disclaimer: I hated the Celtics back then, still do. I respected Bird, but didn't like him.

I got called "Larry Bird" more than once by black players in the HPER when I had a particularly good shooting pick up game.  There was probably some reason I wasn't called "Dell Curry."

Those people were racist in noticing that I was white and comparing me to a white NBA player.  But they weren't racist BAD. It was a compliment. I took it as one. No problem whatsoever.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 02:11:39 PM »

Ugliest team in the history of sports.  Dennis Johnson was a black man with freckles.
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Chigurh

• Call it Friendo
  • Tush Hog
  • I can't call it for you
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »
Wasn't Ball's son guarding De'Aaron Fox? The same De'Aaron Fox that torched UCLA for 39 points in that game? If he's looking  for a better reason as to why Kentucky beat UCLA, Lavar might want to start there first.
You pick the one right tool.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 02:14:45 PM »
"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow," LaVar Ball told the Southern California News Group, presumably talking about Bruins starters TJ Leaf, Bryce Alford and Thomas Welsh.

Wonder if he'll get the Jimmy the Greek and Al Campanis treatment.  I'm not holding my breath.

How could he get the Jimmy the Greek/Campanis treatment when he doesn't have a TV job to be fired from? This guy is in the news primarily for trolling and saying stupid controversial shit.

• Boar
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »
I got called "Larry Bird" more than once by black players in the HPER when I had a particularly good shooting pick up game.  There was probably some reason I wasn't called "Dell Curry."

Those people were racist in noticing that I was white and comparing me to a white NBA player.  But they weren't racist BAD. It was a compliment. I took it as one. No problem whatsoever.

I actually WAS called Dell Curry and I'm white...so go figure.  :D

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 02:19:13 PM »
I actually WAS called Dell Curry and I'm white...so go figure.  :D

Some people don't see color.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »

not wrong so much as fucking stupid and can't get it right.  yes.  yes i am very prejudiced against these people.
After that 56-3 beatdown by Auburn Saturday he will be known only as Bert until he wins an SEC title.  That is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

Online Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 03:19:04 PM »
Just like I don't see anything wrong with a black person's favorite country singer being Charlie Pride or Darius Rucker.
Does such a person exist?

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »
Just like I don't see anything wrong with a black person's favorite country singer being Charlie Pride or Darius Rucker.  Tip of the hat, nod of the head.

black people like country music? 

i keed.  i keed.
After that 56-3 beatdown by Auburn Saturday he will be known only as Bert until he wins an SEC title.  That is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

Offline Nolapigz

• Boar
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »

He played basketball like a white guy.

We're going in circles.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2017, 03:33:35 PM »
Word was Eddie had him pointed to Fayetteville.  Then momma got a house.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2017, 03:49:17 PM »

I was called Shawn Bradley. I was offended.
You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2017, 03:51:50 PM »
Earnie Murray was reffing our JR high game and called me Rex Chapman. I ask him to tell Nolan about me. I guess it turns out they were both reverse racist.  :stache:

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 04:08:37 PM »

Is Cowboy Troy not black enough for you?
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2017, 06:12:22 PM »
Word was Eddie had him pointed to Fayetteville.  Then momma got a house.

Fact. 

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2017, 06:15:18 PM »
I don't know how things are today, but when I was in high school it was a fact that every single black male thought he was automatically better than every white person at basketball.  A 4'3 inch black guy with one leg and no working eyes  assumed he'd be better than the white guy starting on the basketball team.

I never was worth a damn at basketball, but I took a little bit of lunch money from a few brothers who couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time because of this. 

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 34 queries.