Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Let's Do This: The Fayetteville Regional  (Read 41388 times)

Offline hit_that_line

• Boar
  • woopig.net
Re: Let's Do This: The Fayetteville Regional
« Reply #950 on: June 12, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »
I wouldn't mind the Cubs taking Stephan in the 3rd round.
"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #951 on: June 12, 2017, 02:55:39 PM »
And at the risk of being labeled "racist", which would be dumb for this comment, the shortened bases place an even greater emphasis on speed in softball.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:58:03 PM by Law_Hawg »

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #952 on: June 13, 2017, 03:37:40 AM »

Nice.   :D

A lot of coaches at the high school level will give lip service to multi-sport kids, but will pressure them to play just one. My son played basketball and baseball his freshman year. He made varsity in both sports his sophomore year. D-bag basketball coach told him to quit baseball or he would never see the floor in basketball.

Kids are forced to pick. I don't remeber this happening when I was in high school, but I am old and easily confused.

Jarrell Williams was a lot of things, but he was definitely on the forefront of this issue.  Who woulda thunk a wing-T guru could be a trendsetter, of course besides his successor?

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #953 on: June 13, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
This is it. Kind of. My daughter plays travel softball and plays basketball. It's posible to do both, but one sport, or both, will likely suffer due to missed practices. She told me her black friens prefer basketball, and if forced to choose, would give up softball. A lot of coaches at the high school level will give lip service to multi-sport kids, but will pressure them to play just one. My son played basketball and baseball his freshman year. He made varsity in both sports his sophomore year. D-bag basketball coach told him to quit baseball or he would never see the floor in basketball.

Kids are forced to pick. I don't remeber this happening when I was in high school, but I am old and easily confused.

Just about every successful D-1 coach in football and basketball (don't know about women's coaches) all now agree that specialization at the high school level is hurting college athletics.  The burnout, the unrealistic goals set by their parents, and so on.  Texass is no longer the ultimate recruiting grounds because kids are reaching athletic peaks at 17 and 18 due to year round sport specific training.  Sports psychologist have shifted their worry over steroids to this all over the country.

Online 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #954 on: June 13, 2017, 08:37:05 AM »
Just about every successful D-1 coach in football and basketball (don't know about women's coaches) all now agree that specialization at the high school level is hurting college athletics.  The burnout, the unrealistic goals set by their parents, and so on.  Texass is no longer the ultimate recruiting grounds because kids are reaching athletic peaks at 17 and 18 due to year round sport specific training.  Sports psychologist have shifted their worry over steroids to this all over the country.

This is why we dropped our daughter's private volleyball lessons and invested in the "Serena" package at the Low T center.
No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #955 on: June 13, 2017, 08:56:02 AM »
This is why we dropped our daughter's private volleyball lessons and invested in the "Serena" package at the Low T center.
:maundoed:   :borat: :borat: :borat:

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #956 on: June 13, 2017, 08:58:04 AM »

That gif is all kinds of awesome.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #957 on: June 13, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »

I think that's what has caught up to Texas football right now.  Plus some of the high schools have better facilities than smaller colleges they end up going to.
I know so many families that have money to go on nice vacations but all of their kids have summer sports, dance, or cheer.  When they do get to go it's stressful to plan and stressful thinking about what all they have to come back to.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #958 on: June 14, 2017, 11:27:49 AM »
I think that's what has caught up to Texas football right now.  Plus some of the high schools have better facilities than smaller colleges they end up going to.
I know so many families that have money to go on nice vacations but all of their kids have summer sports, dance, or cheer.  When they do get to go it's stressful to plan and stressful thinking about what all they have to come back to.

Around here, that means vacations are taken to OKC and KC.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #959 on: June 14, 2017, 02:32:26 PM »
Around here, that means vacations are taken to OKC and KC.

I'd kill myself.

Offline bogeyfree

• A Shoat
« Reply #960 on: June 15, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »
I just saw that Shaddy is coming back for one more year, that's good news

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Boar
  • Hates all things Auburn
« Reply #961 on: June 15, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
I just saw that Shaddy is coming back for one more year, that's good news

Can't be right

Shaddy, Bonfield, Span, Stephan gone. Slim chance with Knight. Scroggins may leave as probably wouldn't pitch next year. 50/50 for McKinney.
A fucking for the AGES. Gutless motherfuckers every one of them, from the replay man to the entire officials crew.  May the faggot, cowardly bastards rot in hell.  Gutless fucking pussies.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #962 on: June 15, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
I think Bonfield and Shaddy will be back.

:dude1:

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:01:44 PM by HawgRockCafe »
A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #965 on: June 16, 2017, 07:07:51 PM »
Vitello replacement from Missouri St.

https://twitter.com/razorbackbsb/status/875862637711642624

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/nate-thompson-hired-as-razorback-baseball-assistant-coach/

The guy that was doing all the weird signs and shit, and having mid-at bat pow wows with every hitter during the regional.  Those of us on the 3rd base side were giving him a lot of grief. 

Hard to argue with his results though.  Hope he's more like Vitello than Butler.

Offline Humphrey BOARgart

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #966 on: June 16, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »
The guy that was doing all the weird signs and shit, and having mid-at bat pow wows with every hitter during the regional.  Those of us on the 3rd base side were giving him a lot of grief. 

He also wore pants that were 5 sizes too big.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #967 on: June 16, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »

And what looked to be either houseshoes or some sort of bowling shoes. 

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • whatever
« Reply #968 on: June 17, 2017, 01:24:05 AM »
If he's the guy that evaluated and  recruited their infielders 👍👍👍
Haters gonna hate

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #969 on: June 18, 2017, 11:07:32 AM »

you poke fun, but nobody wants to take a roundhouse kick to the face while he's wearing those pants.
Bring on White Chocolate

Page created in 2.155 seconds with 37 queries.