Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: AC Repairs  (Read 987 times)

Offline earl

• A Shoat
AC Repairs
« on: June 15, 2017, 02:53:11 PM »
My daughter in Fayetteville needs a new heat and air unit. If anyone can recommend a good dealer. Thanks

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
Re: AC Repairs
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:54:51 PM »
i only use Sturdivant's for my houses.

they don't mind providing you several different options based on your financial situation.

Offline earl

• A Shoat
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:59:58 PM »
I gave her the name...Thank you

Offline BigDavis

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »
I’ve only been hit on by men twice this week. This freon is getting expensive.

:maundoed:

$95 a pound adds up quick. :D

Offline earl

• A Shoat
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 07:38:54 PM »

I’ve only been hit on by men twice this week. This freon is getting expensive.

How much is 22 vs 410?

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 08:36:54 PM »
:maundoed:

$95 a pound adds up quick. :D

Are we putting freon in it every year? I'd advise budgeting for a new system as r22 is going away in 2020 unless Trump makes America great again.

How much is 22 vs 410?

Oh did you want a long answer or a short answer?

Everyone charges using different methods, some are flat rate (e.g. it gets $150, $300, $500, etc based on a sliding scale) some are 1st lb xyz and each additonal lb xyz. We do $95/lb on R22 and $45/lb on R410a. If it gets into several lbs we work with the client and obviously if it's that bad it needs to be addressed with a leak repair/replacement of coil or system. You don't just smile and gas one up with 10lbs of R22...well I guess that depends on how large of a system we are talking.

When I started in the industry in the late 90s R22 was billed out at like $12/lb and was a big money maker...now we are doing $95/lb and have been as high as $120/lb when costs spiked last summer. A 30lb jug of freon costs me about 850% more now than it did in 1998 excluding the formalities of labor, insurance, fleet etc. I'm not sure about the math, but I'd argue that it's been about 2000% higher than in 1998 at various points in the past couple years.

R410a spiked last year due to some mass shortage and has since went back down in price, aside from last year I think it's been fairly stable per 25lb jug.

R407c is probably the cheapest refrigerant that is used in residential/light commercial air-source systems. It's a great option for r22 conversions (e.g. compressor replacements) I'd love for the industry to drop R410a systems in favor of R407c but I gather that's not going to happen. I've heard R410a will be phased out but I'm sure it will take them 15 years or longer to do it.

Offline BigDavis

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »
Are we putting freon in it every year? I'd advise budgeting for a new system as r22 is going away in 2020 unless Trump makes America great again.

No. My shit is tip top. One of your guys was over here yesterday doing annual maintenance and I asked him how much 22 was going for now.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 03:56:50 PM »
No. My shit is tip top. One of your guys was over here yesterday doing annual maintenance and I asked him how much 22 was going for now.

$15/lb

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline BigDavis

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 07:04:43 PM »

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »
Where? I'll buy all they have.

Trane.com

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline earl

• A Shoat
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »

Oh did you want a long answer or a short answer?

Everyone charges using different methods, some are flat rate (e.g. it gets $150, $300, $500, etc based on a sliding scale) some are 1st lb xyz and each additonal lb xyz. We do $95/lb on R22 and $45/lb on R410a. If it gets into several lbs we work with the client and obviously if it's that bad it needs to be addressed with a leak repair/replacement of coil or system. You don't just smile and gas one up with 10lbs of R22...well I guess that depends on how large of a system we are talking.

When I started in the industry in the late 90s R22 was billed out at like $12/lb and was a big money maker...now we are doing $95/lb and have been as high as $120/lb when costs spiked last summer. A 30lb jug of freon costs me about 850% more now than it did in 1998 excluding the formalities of labor, insurance, fleet etc. I'm not sure about the math, but I'd argue that it's been about 2000% higher than in 1998 at various points in the past couple years.

R410a spiked last year due to some mass shortage and has since went back down in price, aside from last year I think it's been fairly stable per 25lb jug.

R407c is probably the cheapest refrigerant that is used in residential/light commercial air-source systems. It's a great option for r22 conversions (e.g. compressor replacements) I'd love for the industry to drop R410a systems in favor of R407c but I gather that's not going to happen. I've heard R410a will be phased out but I'm sure it will take them 15 years or longer to do it.

Thanks, that is good info.