Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Arkansas Heading to South Bend in 2020, Wait Five Years to Have Favor Returned  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Chigurh

• Call it Friendo
  • Tush Hog
  • I can't call it for you
To be fair, I'm fine with us making the deal for the money, but it's embarrassing to promote it like the department has done.  Real programs make deals like this without the "look at me!!!" celebrations.

I'm sure the t-shirts, caps, and the commemorative DVD are already being made.
You pick the one right tool.

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs

To be fair, I'm fine with us making the deal for the money, but it's embarrassing to promote it like the department has done.  Real programs make deals like this without the "look at me!!!" celebrations.

and with a mid-tier sorta ACC team no less

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
I've been to South Bend. Did the whole locker room tour, pep rally, coaches lunch, etc. and while it's historical and cool, it's not even at the level of RRS for game day experience. We reciprocated with our hosts the next year and brought them down here for a game and tailgating and they were blown away at the atmosphere and game day hype. I know, CSB
Been there for 5 or 6 games and due to some Pro VI golf balls, we had sideline passes or fantastic seats, went to the pep rally (Wayne Gretzky spoke)  When I was with Titleist, we had a group of 8 to 12 that went every year. We played South Bend CC on Friday.  Fun time, but I was always secretly rooting for the opponent. (USC, Tenn, Mich, Mich St, Stanford)  I think the Vols were the only team to beat the Irish.

The stadium is about like War Memorial (I think one was modeled after the other).  The one tradition I did like and enjoy was the band concert, prior to the game.  We had passes that would allow us to march with the band into the stadium, but I opted not to.

Offline Rocket_City_Hawg

• Wild Hog
  • Javelin. When you need to kill something
Whatever they have to pay us to weasel out of the return trip in 8 fucking years pretty much cannot be enough to counteract the image that we're the chump-ass bottom-dwellers in this deal.

Is ND a real program?  On the official twitter feed they were excited to announce the series and they even managed to include on the official website

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cotte

• Retired Woopig Softballah and Evidently Admin
  • King of the Hogs
Is ND a real program?  On the official twitter feed they were excited to announce the series and they even managed to include on the official website

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/

Yeah, but that site is presented by Coke Zero.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline Rocket_City_Hawg

• Wild Hog
  • Javelin. When you need to kill something
At least it is a Coke product

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs

Ours is sponsored by Championships:  Zero.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
No,

It is sponsored by Pepsi: One.

Sent while RMPL

Online Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • What Kate Does...to me.

Grantland Rice wept.

Online Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • The Best in Sight and Sound
I agree.  After seeing Michigan pull out so quickly, I have my doubts on this as well. But, it could be a way for Long to get much needed PR and essentially make us like LaMo.  We get nothing for going there to get our brains beat in, but they'll pay us $2 million to avoid making the return trip.
Planning on getting 'our brains beat in' 8 years ahead of schedule is rich.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
I want to play Notre Dame just because of the history of their stadium and program, and the slot on NBC. I genuinely don't give a shit if their third-tier program ever makes the return trip to Fayetteville.

Who gives a fuck if they come to our place? I mean, if it was 1947, sure. But the only benefit of playing Notre Dame in this century is the opportunity to debase their historic program on its own grounds.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline cotte

• Retired Woopig Softballah and Evidently Admin
  • King of the Hogs
I want to play Notre Dame just because of the history of their stadium and program, and the slot on NBC. I genuinely don't give a shit if their third-tier program ever makes the return trip to Fayetteville.

Who gives a fuck if they come to our place? I mean, if it was 1947, sure. But the only benefit of playing Notre Dame in this century is the opportunity to debase their historic program on its own grounds.

Yeaahhhhhh, I'll still take the home game.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
Jesus, some of y'all are fucking miserable.

We need a non-con P5 opponent for 2020.
In even years, we have 4 home SEC contests, since the aTm game is a "road" game in even years.
The ND home game is purposely scheduled in an odd-numbered year to combat that home SEC contest we lose out in that neutral site game.
ND is full in 2019. They're nearly full in '21, with 6 home games scheduled, but the dates likely didn't work. Games already scheduled on 9/6, 9/11 and 9/18. We're also supposedly hosting Texas in '21, so that probably wasn't optimal on our end, either.
They have six ACC games in '23, but four of those are away. They also have a neutral site game with Michigan State and only 5 home games. They're likely looking for another home game.
So we look to '25. They already have six home games scheduled and only nailed-down dates are 9/13 and 9/27. Bingo.

As for the funeral plans some of y'all are making, ND didn't even make a bowl game last year.
Like Arkansas, they've won more than 9 games exactly three times in the past decade.
Man up.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:31:13 PM by Stephen Colboar »
I really hope Hillary can run in 2016 and wins

Offline Cornhogio

• Boar
Hope I can score tickets in 2020, I'll be there for sure. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
  • all extremists should be shot.
Will the Petrino character reclamation project lead him back to Fayetteville by then?

When did you stop beating your gay lover?

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
Planning on getting 'our brains beat in' 8 years ahead of schedule is rich.

2020 is 8 years from now?  I'm confused.

2020 Bielema will still be here, if Long is here. 2025, we have a good chance, assuming Long doesn't hire the next one.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Online Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • What Kate Does...to me.
Jesus, some of y'all are fucking miserable.

We need a non-con P5 opponent for 2020.
In even years, we have 4 home SEC contests, since the aTm game is a "road" game in even years.
The ND home game is purposely scheduled in an odd-numbered year to combat that home SEC contest we lose out in that neutral site game.
ND is full in 2019. They're nearly full in '21, with 6 home games scheduled, but the dates likely didn't work. Games already scheduled on 9/6, 9/11 and 9/18. We're also supposedly hosting Texas in '21, so that probably wasn't optimal on our end, either.
They have six ACC games in '23, but four of those are away. They also have a neutral site game with Michigan State and only 5 home games. They're likely looking for another home game.
So we look to '25. They already have six home games scheduled and only nailed-down dates are 9/13 and 9/27. Bingo.

As for the funeral plans some of y'all are making, ND didn't even make a bowl game last year.
Like Arkansas, they've won more than 9 games exactly three times in the past decade.
Man up.

There you go, bringing facts into the discussion again.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
There you go, bringing facts into the discussion again.

Talk about a thread killer. Boo! Disqualified!!!

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
2020 is 8 years from now?  I'm confused.

2020 Bielema will still be here, if Long is here. 2025, we have a good chance, assuming Long doesn't hire the next one.

Jack it up!
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
Jack it up!

Yep.  Knowing Nutt, Bert, he'll go and win the 2020 game AT Notre Dame and get yet another 3 year pass.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
Yep.  Knowing Nutt, Bert, he'll go and win the 2020 game AT Notre Dame and get yet another 3 year pass.

Knowing Arkansas he'll get embarrassed on national TV and get another 3 year pass.

Offline allswell

• A Shoat
Even money odds that Bert isn't the coach in 2020 and whomever coaches in 2025 will not have coached in 2020.  #integrity

shit. it's even money at best that bert doesn't straight up explode by then - 2020 that is.  #detonate

picture this. in the back room at doe's about 2/3 way through bert's second king's filet

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 34 queries.