Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Today, my kid...  (Read 48350 times)

Offline HRC

• Boar
  • WPS
Re: Today, my kid...
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 08:36:39 PM »

That's really cool. I've never hiked at all but I just love the idea of a long thru-hike. The AT thru-hike I'm watching on youtube is a user called Raw Alignment. She is a super crunchy self-love vegan and this is her first thru-hike. The PCT channel is called Homemade Wanderlust and she's amazing. She's already hiked the AT and you can just tell she loves it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9s5a35fzvg

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing that. Would love to do something like that.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 03:17:41 PM »
Today, my kids are doing nothing as well.  They got 10 days to nothing this year.  3 in between vacations in July, and 7 after this last vacation, if you count one pitching, one catching, and calling balls and strikes nothing.

Wish they knew what NES was, though.  They play Mario on an ipad.  Not the same.

Other than that, they sit around complaining about the heat.  I'm sending them down to Author's neighborhood next week so they can feel what real heat feels like. 

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
My kid is five years old today. Starts kindergarten in three weeks. He's obsessed with trash and recycling. When I tell this to people they say "maybe one day he'll innovate some incredible new way for us to deal with all our garbage." Nah, he just wants to drive the recycling truck around town and sort the recycling.

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 11:23:23 AM »
LOL.  So my boy accompanied me to Abilene this week so that he could help me with my annual quality assurance checks which take 8 to 10 hours spread over 2 evenings.  I'm paying him to help.  So we flew into DFW and drove to Abilene from there.  We go up to the Avis desk at DFW and walk over to the Preferred area.  They had put us in a white Chevy Suburban.  So we were looking through the Select and Go area and saw this.  He's like, oh dad, we gotta get this.  So the Avis peeps did an even exchange for me and off we drove in a Nissan 370Z.  My boy is 15 and will get his license in January.  He wanted to drive around the parking lot at the center so I let him.  :D   He informed me that he would like to have this car as his first car, if, you know, I didn't mind.  BAHAHAHAHA.  I told Mom and she was like, "Um, NO."   But Mom, it does zero to 60 in 6 seconds.  :D   We're heading back to Dallas on Thursday morning to hang out for a couple of days and go to Top Golf and Six Flags amongst other things.  Just us 2 dudes.  Definitely a nice trip for Dad.  He's probably like, EH.  :)

Online Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2017, 09:14:57 PM »
LOL.  So my boy accompanied me to Abilene this week so that he could help me with my annual quality assurance checks which take 8 to 10 hours spread over 2 evenings.  I'm paying him to help.  So we flew into DFW and drove to Abilene from there.  We go up to the Avis desk at DFW and walk over to the Preferred area.  They had put us in a white Chevy Suburban.  So we were looking through the Select and Go area and saw this.  He's like, oh dad, we gotta get this.  So the Avis peeps did an even exchange for me and off we drove in a Nissan 370Z.  My boy is 15 and will get his license in January.  He wanted to drive around the parking lot at the center so I let him.  :D   He informed me that he would like to have this car as his first car, if, you know, I didn't mind.  BAHAHAHAHA.  I told Mom and she was like, "Um, NO."   But Mom, it does zero to 60 in 6 seconds.  :D   We're heading back to Dallas on Thursday morning to hang out for a couple of days and go to Top Golf and Six Flags amongst other things.  Just us 2 dudes.  Definitely a nice trip for Dad.  He's probably like, EH.  :)
Nope. This will be one of those things he looks back on when he becomes an older man and be so thankful that he was able to have a moment in time with you like this. I've come to realize that with kids, it's the little things.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline gmr0723

• Wild Hog
  • Leave GMFP Alone.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2017, 01:26:35 PM »
...when asked what she wanted to listen to in the car, exclaimed "Beatles!"  She's two, and yesterday told mom that "Daddy" is her best friend. Mom shouldn't have asked. I haven't been able to hold my three week old son since.

We've also perfected "Go Forgs Go Pig Sooie Razorbacks." September 9th can't come soon enough.

"Fight 'em till hell freezes over; then fight 'em on ice!" -- Dutch Meyer

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2017, 09:11:22 PM »
Got dropped off at tcu volleyball team camp and the team from  harber high was there. Struck me odd that a high school team would travel that far for a weekend camp.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline gmr0723

• Wild Hog
  • Leave GMFP Alone.
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2017, 09:30:46 PM »
Got dropped off at tcu volleyball team camp...

Wait, what????

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2017, 11:12:41 PM »
Wait, what????

Dropped off as in I drove my kid to tcu and she checked in to the camp for high school volleyball teams and I drove home.  Would you like a diagram?

Offline gmr0723

• Wild Hog
  • Leave GMFP Alone.
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2017, 11:38:58 PM »
Dropped off as in I drove my kid to tcu and she checked in to the camp for high school volleyball teams and I drove home.  Would you like a diagram?

:thumbup: I read it in the first person.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • Stand back, Burrito!
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2017, 09:23:14 AM »
Damn son, I'm not hiphog.

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
My 5 year old granddaughter informed my daughter that she cooks really good bacon. Almost as good as pawpaw's.

Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline irishhoss

• A Shoat
  • I will show you fear in a handful of dust
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »
Last night my 7-year old's softball team lost to Texas in whatever classification she plays in's World Series. They had gone undefeated through the district and state tournaments and had won their first two games of the Series. I walk over to talk to her as she comes out of the dugout and see she is crying. I start telling her the normal stuff about how "good she played" and how "we'll have a chance to play them again if we keep winning" and she looks up at me confused and says "Mama said I couldn't get a snow-cone". That clown couldn't have cared less that they lost. She was just upset that she wasn't getting something at the concession stand.

You could have it all
my empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2017, 11:40:29 AM »
My kid is five years old today. Starts kindergarten in three weeks. He's obsessed with trash and recycling. When I tell this to people they say "maybe one day he'll innovate some incredible new way for us to deal with all our garbage." Nah, he just wants to drive the recycling truck around town and sort the recycling.

Take him to the landfill and he can see it all...well sans recycling.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
Take him to the landfill and he can see it all...well sans recycling.

Last week we went to the Fayetteville recycling center for a tour. He loved it. And it was actually a really interesting tour. I'd recommend it for kids of any ages, and the folks at recycling seemed really happy to have us come out.

Here's his typical setup when he plays "trash" which like 90% of his solo playtime.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • An Unlikely Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2017, 11:55:24 AM »
That's awesome  :thumbup:

"Your Death Therapy saved me, you genius"

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »

Last week we went to the Fayetteville recycling center for a tour. He loved it. And it was actually a really interesting tour. I'd recommend it for kids of any ages, and the folks at recycling seemed really happy to have us come out.

Here's his typical setup when he plays "trash" which like 90% of his solo playtime.

That looks way more organized than my 6 year olds play time... which apparently consists of pulling out every toy he owns. FWIW Bruder makes a few toys that are waste/recycling related and they hold up better than the others my son has tried.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

TRAVELHOG

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2017, 11:58:38 AM »
My 16 year old was told by a White County judge today that she will get to see what their county lock up looks like the next time they catch her doing 95 mph.
Ouch. Hell, I won't even do 95. Hope he put the fear into her. That's too fast for anyone.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »
Last night my 7-year old's softball team lost to Texas in whatever classification she plays in's World Series. They had gone undefeated through the district and state tournaments and had won their first two games of the Series. I walk over to talk to her as she comes out of the dugout and see she is crying. I start telling her the normal stuff about how "good she played" and how "we'll have a chance to play them again if we keep winning" and she looks up at me confused and says "Mama said I couldn't get a snow-cone". That clown couldn't have cared less that they lost. She was just upset that she wasn't getting something at the concession stand.

Very funny.  I coached some pretty high-level 7 and 8 year olds, and it's amazing how much you see things like this. 

It'll change by age 10u or 11u, depending on the maturity level.  Not sure if that's good or bad though.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • An Unlikely Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »
I coached some pretty high-level 7 and 8 year olds

Bless their hearts.

"Your Death Therapy saved me, you genius"

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »

Bless their hearts.

Yep.  Because everything on woopig is real life. 

Nice!

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »
That looks way more organized than my 6 year olds play time... which apparently consists of pulling out every toy he owns. FWIW Bruder makes a few toys that are waste/recycling related and they hold up better than the others my son has tried.

Those Bruder trucks are nice. We get most of our toys from thrift stores and yard sales. Maybe we'll come across one someday. lol

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2017, 03:07:53 PM »
Those Bruder trucks are nice. We get most of our toys from thrift stores and yard sales. Maybe we'll come across one someday. lol

My wife purchased all of ours at TJ Maxx which was significantly cheaper than normal.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • Emperor of Woopig
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2017, 03:10:55 PM »
My wife purchased all of ours at TJ Maxx which was significantly cheaper than normal.

Huh. I didn't even know they had toys in there.  :borat:

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • Dick Pepperfield fan club president
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2017, 08:31:15 PM »

Bless their hearts.

Bananabababababba

Powned

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight