Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Today, my kid...  (Read 48119 times)

Online TexZilla

• Emperor of Woopig
Re: Today, my kid...
« Reply #625 on: May 29, 2022, 11:04:34 AM »
Thank y'all.
She's doing great. We're 8 days post surgery, and outside of the swelling you wouldn't know it. I told my wife I'd be okay if her legs atrophied for a couple of months until she's healed. She almost immediately went back to trying to take a few steps. I'm anxious just about the whole time she's awake, but she's doing great.
Great news.  Hopefully this is all behind her and she has no memory of it.  At 11 months my son had spinal meningitis and my wife had him choppered to Vanderbilt in Nashville.  She has awful memories of the ordeal (this was before we met) of all the tests and tubes.  They saved him and he has no memories.  It’s why I always root a little for Vanderbilt. 

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #626 on: May 29, 2022, 01:47:07 PM »
Thank y'all.
She's doing great. We're 8 days post surgery, and outside of the swelling you wouldn't know it. I told my wife I'd be okay if her legs atrophied for a couple of months until she's healed. She almost immediately went back to trying to take a few steps. I'm anxious just about the whole time she's awake, but she's doing great.

:thumbup:

I live vicariously through this thread.  Don't forget to post in a few years when she is tearing it up in school, softball, basketball, dance, cheer, violin, whatever she wants to do.

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #627 on: May 31, 2022, 02:09:23 PM »
Let's be honest...how many of us here took this kind of course load at any point in our high school careers? 

Classes with H at the start are honors.  The two English classes are each one semester.

?s=20

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #628 on: June 01, 2022, 09:25:55 AM »
Let's be honest...how many of us here took this kind of course load at any point in our high school careers? 

Classes with H at the start are honors.  The two English classes are each one semester.

Um....*raises hand*

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2022, 09:36:11 AM »

Very impressive. Should equate to a min of a college semester of classes. AP calculus was my only C in HS (very few B’s). I took it my senior year and was more focused on baseball and partying.

Please don’t let him grow up to be a taint radiologist/physicist like Rick 😂

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2022, 09:44:37 AM »
Very impressive. Should equate to a min of a college semester of classes. AP calculus was my only C in HS (very few B’s). I took it my senior year and was more focused on baseball and partying.

It's good money though.   ;)

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2022, 10:14:11 AM »
Um....*raises hand*

I'm talking about in one year...not your whole high school career. 

We didn't even take seven classes per term, much less eight.  And one of those was usually athletics. 

?s=20

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #632 on: June 01, 2022, 10:25:46 AM »
I'm talking about in one year...not your whole high school career. 

We didn't even take seven classes per term, much less eight.  And one of those was usually athletics.

True that.  I had 6 classes per term my senior year.  All but one was honors.  And none were athletics because like the loser I am, I quit football because we sucked. 

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #633 on: June 01, 2022, 10:36:53 AM »
True that.  I had 6 classes per term my senior year.  All but one was honors.  And none were athletics because like the loser I am, I quit football because we sucked.

I took all honors that were available through my junior year...which amounts to one science, one math, and English.  Senior year I was accepted to all the schools I applied to and, being the slacker I am, chose about as easy a path as possible.  Still took Calculus and Physiology as honors, but dropped Honors English and skipped out on Honors Chem 2. 

The fifth year of Chinese is what still blows my mind on that schedule.  He insists it's by far his easiest class, but that seems crazy to me.

He's debating dropping the Comparative Government class for AP Physics C (calculus based).  He wants a career in science and likes physics better, but the Gov't teacher is probably their most prominent faculty member and a hell of a rec letter for elite schools. 

?s=20

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #634 on: June 01, 2022, 10:41:53 AM »
I took all honors that were available through my junior year...which amounts to one science, one math, and English.  Senior year I was accepted to all the schools I applied to and, being the slacker I am, chose about as easy a path as possible.  Still took Calculus and Physiology as honors, but dropped Honors English and skipped out on Honors Chem 2. 

The fifth year of Chinese is what still blows my mind on that schedule.  He insists it's by far his easiest class, but that seems crazy to me.

He's debating dropping the Comparative Government class for AP Physics C (calculus based).  He wants a career in science and likes physics better, but the Gov't teacher is probably their most prominent faculty member and a hell of a rec letter for elite schools.

WORD!!!

Regardless of what HogNRock says, medical physics is a great way to use a Physics degree.

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #635 on: June 01, 2022, 10:45:38 AM »
WORD!!!

Regardless of what HogNRock says, medical physics is a great way to use a Physics degree.

I’m not disparaging you, just giving you shit per usual. I have no doubt that’s a good career path  :thumbup:

Online DirkPiggler

• I'm a Bucket
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #636 on: June 01, 2022, 10:49:29 AM »

He's actually leaning towards medicine, and very interested in radiology as a specialty. 

?s=20

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #637 on: June 03, 2022, 06:49:21 PM »
He's actually leaning towards medicine, and very interested in radiology as a specialty.

I'm sure Rick would love to have an intern.

Low to decent odds he wouldn't sexually harass him.

“You didn’t choose me.  I chose you.”  - Sam Pittman

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #638 on: June 10, 2022, 07:10:40 PM »
My grandson’s team has been in Panama City Beach all week for a tournament. They won the championship in their bracket. In 2 games, my grandson went 5-5. And he is a pretty good second baseman also.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2022, 07:56:24 AM »
My grandson’s team has been in Panama City Beach all week for a tournament. They won the championship in their bracket. In 2 games, my grandson went 5-5. And he is a pretty good second baseman also.

:thumbup:

He did great. It been fun watching them progress the last couple years. The competition at those Ripken events is stout and the boys played up to their competition all week. Our other team from our organization won their bracket as well. Great and fun week but glad to be home.

Online Aporkalypse_Now

• Surgeon General of Woopig
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #640 on: June 20, 2022, 09:15:57 AM »
My youngest (12) at TCU basketball camp this morning with a couple of his teammates.  He's already almost 6 feet.

Refuses to wear anything but Razorback stuff.  Had an Aggie coach at a select camp early this summer giving him grief about it, he's really going to get it today (and he knows it).

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #641 on: June 20, 2022, 12:16:23 PM »
My youngest (12) at TCU basketball camp this morning with a couple of his teammates.  He's already almost 6 feet.

Refuses to wear anything but Razorback stuff.  Had an Aggie coach at a select camp early this summer giving him grief about it, he's really going to get it today (and he knows it).

👍 That’s awesome.

Teach him how to throw a fastball or swing a golf club. Big kid

Online papermill

• Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #642 on: June 20, 2022, 03:18:35 PM »
Teach him how to throw a fastball

and tie his right hand behind his back if you go that route

Tall pitchers dominate now. 

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #643 on: July 03, 2022, 10:54:54 AM »
Not today but yesterday. My step-daughter got married!! This is her and my sonny boy. I officiated. Other pic is Bride, Groom, and proud step-dad/preacher.[emoji16]

Offline BASS

• the philosophical woopigga
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #644 on: July 04, 2022, 06:20:05 PM »
are you ordained in the discipline of the holy mother of woopig?

fuck your feelings

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #645 on: July 04, 2022, 08:04:12 PM »
are you ordained in the discipline of the holy mother of woopig?
Nope, church of the flying spaghetti monster.

https://order.spaghettimonster.org/Ordination/

Offline dhog

• Tush Hog
  • Go HOGS Go!!!
« Reply #646 on: July 05, 2022, 08:47:36 AM »
Here's my oldest of three grandsons at UofA football camp. Just turned 14 yrs, 5'11", 210, going into 9th grade. 

Offline Rick B.

• Nukular Fizzicyst
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #647 on: July 05, 2022, 08:48:37 AM »
Here's my oldest of three grandsons at UofA football camp. Just turned 14 yrs, 5'11", 210, going into 9th grade.
Outstanding. That's a big ole boy.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #648 on: July 05, 2022, 08:56:13 AM »
Damn. Pittman is withering away to nothing.

"If life gives you lemons, fuck life."  - Sir John Michael of Oklahoma

Online HogNrock

• Tush Hog
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #649 on: July 05, 2022, 09:13:01 AM »

That is badass and that is a big kid for 14.   :thumbup:

Damn. Pittman is withering away to nothing.

I watched his opening press conference (for the 74th time) when he was hired and it is pretty incredible how much better he looks now.  Much healthier and slim than from just a few years back.

Also, I remember a lot of the pundits saying it was a decent hire but we didn't win the press conference.  I disagree, if that press conference didn't get you fired up you probably like the rah-rah, bells and whistles, flash in the pan soundbites.