Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Today, my kid...  (Read 10254 times)

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
Re: Today, my kid...
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2017, 02:07:01 PM »
Last week my 3 year old rode his bike without training wheels, and within the week since he's all over the place.

Not really a big deal, but I wanted to post for some of the parents of youngsters.  Take the training wheels off now.  I wish I had done it for both of my kids from the beginning.  I realize now they make balance bikes for teaching them, but I had already bought 2 bikes and wasn't buying another.  So last week I had an idea.  I took off the training wheels, the pedals, the sprocket, the chain, and lowered the seat as low as it would go.  For the next week he was zooming around with his feet for propulsion.  Every once in a while he'd hit a small downhill and coast and drag his feet.  Make sure you put them in some old beater shoes.  That turned into him lifting his feet off the ground for a bit on the downhills, then even longer the next day, and longer the next.  After about 10 days of doing that everyday, I put the bike back together, raised the seat, and off he went.

My neighbors think I'm a genious, but I feel like the dumbass that's been holding them back for putting training wheels on in the first place.

That's funny.  I look back to when I took the training wheels of my boy's bike.  Don't remember how old he was...probably 4 or so, but I envisioned it being like the movies or TV commercials.  We went from a bike with training wheels, to one without.  Just like that.  Cold turkey, so to speak.  Here I was all anxious and whatnot.  Our street has a gradual downhill slope.  So he got on, coasted down a ways, made a perfect 180 degree turn, pedaled back to me and then just took off.  I'm like...well, shit fire.  So much for that grand and glorious father-son "event".  HA.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »
Thanks. I was a little disappointed in the lack of hookers.

hugh freeze isn't the head corch?

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Lurking Tiger

• Tush Hog
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
Last week my 3 year old rode his bike without training wheels, and within the week since he's all over the place.

Not really a big deal, but I wanted to post for some of the parents of youngsters.  Take the training wheels off now.  I wish I had done it for both of my kids from the beginning.  I realize now they make balance bikes for teaching them, but I had already bought 2 bikes and wasn't buying another.  So last week I had an idea.  I took off the training wheels, the pedals, the sprocket, the chain, and lowered the seat as low as it would go.  For the next week he was zooming around with his feet for propulsion.  Every once in a while he'd hit a small downhill and coast and drag his feet.  Make sure you put them in some old beater shoes.  That turned into him lifting his feet off the ground for a bit on the downhills, then even longer the next day, and longer the next.  After about 10 days of doing that everyday, I put the bike back together, raised the seat, and off he went.

My neighbors think I'm a genious, but I feel like the dumbass that's been holding them back for putting training wheels on in the first place.

That's actually a good idea. Too late for me though. Maybe I can drop the engine and transmission  out of the car and let my girl Fred Flintstone it for a while.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
That's actually a good idea. Too late for me though. Maybe I can drop the engine and transmission  out of the car and let my girl Fred Flintstone it for a while.

is your dad a television repair man and does he have an ultimate set of tools?

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Lurking Tiger

• Tush Hog
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2017, 01:34:13 AM »
is your dad a television repair man and does he have an ultimate set of tools?

I can fix it.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2018, 08:25:22 PM »
Today my kid won a state title in baseball for Greenwood.  Two rings in one year.

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
Today my kid won a state title in baseball for Greenwood.  Two rings in one year.
My dad was at the game at Baum! Congrats!

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2018, 07:34:17 AM »
Congrats!

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Filthy_McSwine

• Boar
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2018, 09:29:51 AM »
    :beer:    :thumbup:

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2018, 07:33:26 AM »

Congrats! That's very cool.