Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The "hey I'm not so gloom and doom about the Hogs" thread  (Read 89105 times)

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: The "hey I'm not so gloom and doom about the Hogs" thread
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »
So you predicted 7-5 last year (not saying you didn't), proved correct and now think we will be worst this year?

Personally I bet $100 in Vegas last year on under 7 wins and got a push out of it. I'm betting over 7 this year.
Yes, I predicted 7-5 last year. Should've been 8-4 and would've been glad to be wrong, but Mizzou saved their best for last.

Why would we be better?

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
You want optimism?  In my dreams it plays out like this. 
15-0 and National Champs.  Whaley wins the Doak Walker, Enos wins the Broyles, Bert wins the COTY,  while Ragnow wins the Outland, and the Rimington.
Week 1: We win a blowout over Fla A&M.  Starters pulled at halftime.  Hogs 63 - Rattlers 17
Week2: We keep the foot on the gas at home against TCU.  We win that one by 35.  Hogs 56 - Frogs 21
Week 3: We take our bye week early and rest up for the game against A&M in Jerry World. 
Week 4: A&M jumps out to a three score lead but we battle back and win on a last minute field goal.  Hogs 37 Aggies 35.  Is that optimism I smell?
Week 5: We put a 50 point beating on NM State 60-10
Week 6: We then travel to SoCar for a top 20 matchup  against also undefeated South Carolina.  In a tough one we win 21-14 behind Whaley's 200+ rushing yards. 
Week 7: Undefeated and #13 in the country against undefeated and #1 Alabama.   The Hogs make things look easy.  We jump out to a lead from the first score and cruise to a win.  Hogs 37 Tide 17.  The Dragon has been slayed.  Bama's season tanks and as they lose to us, LSU, Auburn, and  lose their bowl game to Oklahoma State.
Week 8: #7Auburn @ #8 Arkansas.  A back and forth affair.  We trade scores and the lead several time in the first half.  Then Austin Allen goes ape shit and passes for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns to build and insurmountable lead in the 4th.  Hogs win 55 - 24.
Week 9: The Hogs jump to #5 in the country and travel to Oxford for a classic trap game that never comes to fruition.  Hogs lead from horn to horn 48 -7
Week 10: CCU plays a great first half and keeps it close until we blow it open in the 3rd.  Hogs 42  Weird Chicken things 21.
Week 11: #4 Arkansas @ #3 LSU.  LSU is riding high after beating Alabama the week before.  In a barn burner the Hogs win 35 - 31 on a TD catch with less than a minute to play.
Week 12: #4 Arkansas  vs  MSU at home.  MSU jumps out to a lead and they move the ball well.  Allen and the O struggle in the first half.  Rhodes and the defense adjust in the second half to shut down the MSU offense and out offense comes alive. Hogs win going away 42 -20.
Week 13: #4 Arkansas vs Mizzou.  Hogs dominate from the opening horn.  Austin Allen sets a school record with 8 TD passes in 3 quarters.  The backups score a couple more and Froholdt and Ragnow prison rape Beisel for 3 quarters.  Bert hangs 72 on the fighting Odoms of Mizzou.   ARK 72 - Mizzou 14

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP: Hogs play two loss #12 Georgia in Atlanta for the SEC crown and a trip to the CFP.  Enos calls an inspired game and the Hogs win on a turnover on downs after Cheney calls a TE screen on 4th and goal from the 4.  Hogs 31 - Dogs 27.
Despite being undefeated the polls keep the Hogs at #4 as the SEC is perceived as "down" this year because none of the premier programs have won it.  The media debates jumping a 1 loss Michigan over undefeated Arkansas after a close last second #5 Michigan loss to #1Ohio State. 

CFP Semis -  #4ARK vs #1Ohio State is a back and forth game through the 3rd quarter.  Whaley closes the game out with a quarter Hog fans haven't seen since LSU 2010.  Bert bleeds the clock dry and the Hogs win 38-28.

-#3 Louisville vs #2 USC.  Louisville lights up the scoreboard both on the ground and through the air.  Lamar Jackson passes for 400 yards and rushes for 150.  He has 6 overall TDs and Louisville outlasts the Trojans 56-42 setting up a grudge match of Petrion vs Bert in the CFP National Championship game. 

CFP Title game- The batle for Jeff Long's soul.  Undefeated #4 Arkansas vs Undefeated #3 Louisville.  Petrino calls a masterful game.  Enos calls the game of his life.  Lamar Jackson and Austin Allen account for 11 touchdowns.  Louisville has a late lead but Sosa causes a turnover for a TD and defense manages to stop the Cardinals after the Petrion costs his team 15 yards for accosting an official.  With less than 2 minutes left Austin Allen leads a drive that will forever be remembered and with only seconds left he hits Cheyenne O'Grady in the end zone for a TD and the win.  Hogs 48 - Cards 45.   

NOW...In real life we win 8, but look competitive in every loss.  We'll lose a close one to TCU but we finally beat the collie fuckers.  We'll beat NM State but South Carolina will beat us because we're looking ahead to Bama.  And we still won't beat Bama but we'll play well enough to keep the optimists from jumping off the wagon.  A .500 record will still give the pessimists all the ammo they need to beat the Fire Bert drum.   Then we go on a run.  Somehow we edge out Auburn.  We shit stomp Ole Miss.  Then beat Coastal Carolina in a closer game than most of us will like.  We'll lost to LSU but play well enough to be in it at the end.  We'll close it out with a win in Starkville and at home against Mizzou.  8-4  season.  Just outside the top 25 and a bowl game in Nashville, Memphis, Houston, or Shreveport.       

The Sunshine is strong in this one.

I could buy into this until the Bama at Bama game.  That's one game the Sunshine won't penetrate.

Fun post though.  If we have the miracle season, we need to resurrect this post.

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »
Yes, I predicted 7-5 last year. Should've been 8-4 and would've been glad to be wrong, but Mizzou saved their best for last.

Why would we be better?
I think the OL will be improved this year with 4 returning starters and 2 others with starting experience. Last season we were breaking in 3 new starters, one of which had never played the position 6 months prior. If Allen gets more time our O will be much better and those big leads we had won't evaporate. Run D has nowhere to go but up. Surely Rhodes is smart enough in this new scheme to not let every QB run for 100+yds against us.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »
You want optimism?  In my dreams it plays out like this. 
15-0 and National Champs.  Whaley wins the Doak Walker, Enos wins the Broyles, Bert wins the COTY,  while Ragnow wins the Outland, and the Rimington.
Week 1: We win a blowout over Fla A&M.  Starters pulled at halftime.  Hogs 63 - Rattlers 17
Week2: We keep the foot on the gas at home against TCU.  We win that one by 35.  Hogs 56 - Frogs 21
Week 3: We take our bye week early and rest up for the game against A&M in Jerry World. 
Week 4: A&M jumps out to a three score lead but we battle back and win on a last minute field goal.  Hogs 37 Aggies 35.  Is that optimism I smell?
Week 5: We put a 50 point beating on NM State 60-10
Week 6: We then travel to SoCar for a top 20 matchup  against also undefeated South Carolina.  In a tough one we win 21-14 behind Whaley's 200+ rushing yards. 
Week 7: Undefeated and #13 in the country against undefeated and #1 Alabama.   The Hogs make things look easy.  We jump out to a lead from the first score and cruise to a win.  Hogs 37 Tide 17.  The Dragon has been slayed.  Bama's season tanks and as they lose to us, LSU, Auburn, and  lose their bowl game to Oklahoma State.
Week 8: #7Auburn @ #8 Arkansas.  A back and forth affair.  We trade scores and the lead several time in the first half.  Then Austin Allen goes ape shit and passes for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns to build and insurmountable lead in the 4th.  Hogs win 55 - 24.
Week 9: The Hogs jump to #5 in the country and travel to Oxford for a classic trap game that never comes to fruition.  Hogs lead from horn to horn 48 -7
Week 10: CCU plays a great first half and keeps it close until we blow it open in the 3rd.  Hogs 42  Weird Chicken things 21.
Week 11: #4 Arkansas @ #3 LSU.  LSU is riding high after beating Alabama the week before.  In a barn burner the Hogs win 35 - 31 on a TD catch with less than a minute to play.
Week 12: #4 Arkansas  vs  MSU at home.  MSU jumps out to a lead and they move the ball well.  Allen and the O struggle in the first half.  Rhodes and the defense adjust in the second half to shut down the MSU offense and out offense comes alive. Hogs win going away 42 -20.
Week 13: #4 Arkansas vs Mizzou.  Hogs dominate from the opening horn.  Austin Allen sets a school record with 8 TD passes in 3 quarters.  The backups score a couple more and Froholdt and Ragnow prison rape Beisel for 3 quarters.  Bert hangs 72 on the fighting Odoms of Mizzou.   ARK 72 - Mizzou 14

SEC CHAMPIONSHIP: Hogs play two loss #12 Georgia in Atlanta for the SEC crown and a trip to the CFP.  Enos calls an inspired game and the Hogs win on a turnover on downs after Cheney calls a TE screen on 4th and goal from the 4.  Hogs 31 - Dogs 27.
Despite being undefeated the polls keep the Hogs at #4 as the SEC is perceived as "down" this year because none of the premier programs have won it.  The media debates jumping a 1 loss Michigan over undefeated Arkansas after a close last second #5 Michigan loss to #1Ohio State. 

CFP Semis -  #4ARK vs #1Ohio State is a back and forth game through the 3rd quarter.  Whaley closes the game out with a quarter Hog fans haven't seen since LSU 2010.  Bert bleeds the clock dry and the Hogs win 38-28.

-#3 Louisville vs #2 USC.  Louisville lights up the scoreboard both on the ground and through the air.  Lamar Jackson passes for 400 yards and rushes for 150.  He has 6 overall TDs and Louisville outlasts the Trojans 56-42 setting up a grudge match of Petrion vs Bert in the CFP National Championship game. 

CFP Title game- The batle for Jeff Long's soul.  Undefeated #4 Arkansas vs Undefeated #3 Louisville.  Petrino calls a masterful game.  Enos calls the game of his life.  Lamar Jackson and Austin Allen account for 11 touchdowns.  Louisville has a late lead but Sosa causes a turnover for a TD and defense manages to stop the Cardinals after the Petrion costs his team 15 yards for accosting an official.  With less than 2 minutes left Austin Allen leads a drive that will forever be remembered and with only seconds left he hits Cheyenne O'Grady in the end zone for a TD and the win.  Hogs 48 - Cards 45.   

NOW...In real life we win 8, but look competitive in every loss.  We'll lose a close one to TCU but we finally beat the collie fuckers.  We'll beat NM State but South Carolina will beat us because we're looking ahead to Bama.  And we still won't beat Bama but we'll play well enough to keep the optimists from jumping off the wagon.  A .500 record will still give the pessimists all the ammo they need to beat the Fire Bert drum.   Then we go on a run.  Somehow we edge out Auburn.  We shit stomp Ole Miss.  Then beat Coastal Carolina in a closer game than most of us will like.  We'll lost to LSU but play well enough to be in it at the end.  We'll close it out with a win in Starkville and at home against Mizzou.  8-4  season.  Just outside the top 25 and a bowl game in Nashville, Memphis, Houston, or Shreveport.       

You lost me at "starters pulled at halftime" and I knew it was fan fiction right from there.

Offline bar_hog

• Boar
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2017, 03:56:51 PM »
I definitely want to see the number two.qb get some playing experience without AA.being hurt

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2017, 03:57:35 PM »
So, I have a some questions for y'all:

1.  Why is everyone thinking LSU is going to be world-beaters?  I understand they drilled us last year but my God, they have ED ORGERON (Captain Caveman) as their head coach.  He was 10-25 with Ole Miss.  Sure, he was 6-2 in his 8 games with LSU last year and yeah, they have Guice but damn, everyone seems to be anointing them as the new foshizzle.

2.  Lots of peeps have us losing to South Carolina.  Why exactly?  Surely we're not scared of Will Muschamp?  A lot of prognosticators are saying SC will have the same or possibly worse year this year than their 6-7 season last year.

3.  And then I ask the same thing about Auburn.  Sure they frickin destroyed us last year but every year is a new year.  They still are the same Auburn team, more or less, than the one we beat in OT in Fayetteville 2 years ago.  Sure they have a good backfield and can run the ball.  Jury will be out on the QB early in the season but we'll know what they got by the time they come to Fayetteville.  And furthermore, they'll be coming off an away game the week before at LSU.  We'll be limping around from the Alabama loss at Tuscaloosa.  Anyway, is the lingering taste from the 56-3 game influencing some of y'all's picks for this game this year?

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2017, 04:16:40 PM »
  Anyway, is the lingering taste from the 56-3 game influencing some of y'all's picks for this game this year?

No it's the 56-0 season-ending second halfs.

King of the poors!

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »

1.  Why is everyone thinking LSU is going to be world-beaters?  I understand they drilled us last year but my God, they have ED ORGERON (Captain Caveman) as their head coach.  He was 10-25 with Ole Miss.  Sure, he was 6-2 in his 8 games with LSU last year and yeah, they have Guice but damn, everyone seems to be anointing them as the new foshizzle.

2.  Lots of peeps have us losing to South Carolina.  Why exactly?  Surely we're not scared of Will Muschamp?  A lot of prognosticators are saying SC will have the same or possibly worse year this year than their 6-7 season last year.

3.  And then I ask the same thing about Auburn.  Sure they frickin destroyed us last year but every year is a new year.  They still are the same Auburn team, more or less, than the one we beat in OT in Fayetteville 2 years ago.  Sure they have a good backfield and can run the ball.  Jury will be out on the QB early in the season but we'll know what they got by the time they come to Fayetteville.  And furthermore, they'll be coming off an away game the week before at LSU.  We'll be limping around from the Alabama loss at Tuscaloosa.  Anyway, is the lingering taste from the 56-3 game influencing some of y'all's picks for this game this year?

You answered your own questions with that last sentence. LSU may not be world beaters but they sure seem to be better than us AND we're playing them down there. SC, I don't know, I guess it's because we're playing them at Columbia this year. Auburn just absolutely annihilated us last year and we play them immediately post Bama.
That's my reasoning anyway.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »

Captain Coonass will lose 2-4 games that the talent dictates he shouldn't.  We just have to hope we're one of those 2-4.  Being in Baton Rouge doesn't necessarily matter - they lost in BR to the same Florida shitheads we drilled in a less intimidating environment. 

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2017, 04:40:20 PM »
You may have a career in writing fictional erotic novels.

I'd say borderline at best.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2017, 04:44:56 PM »
No it's the 56-0 season-ending second halfs.

Because that's gonna happen again this year?  Did that happen in ANY of the prior games?  Did it happen in 2015?  Geez.  So because we bombed 2 games in a row to end the season by giving up huge leads, y'all all believe that that is going to continue in 2017?  Okay.  Gotcha. 

Auburn is in Fayetteville and yes, we're coming off the Alabama game but they're coming off the LSU game.  Both teams will be beat up.  And both possibly coming off a loss (us for sure).  Anyway, Gus has proven that he can mediocre up a season just as well as anyone, including Bielema. 

Personally, I'm not calling any game a win or a loss at this point but I could see the following happen.   I can see us winning FAMU, NMSU, CCU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou.  I can see us losing to Alabama and LSU (not because they're all that just because it's on the road).  I can see MSU being a win too.  TAMU is probably a loss.  SC is probably a win.  I think Auburn and TCU will be toss ups. 

That's 7-5 if we lose the toss ups if my math stands.  Win the 2 home toss ups with Auburn and TCU and that's 9-3.  Sounds far-fetched but really, Alabama is the ONLY game on the schedule that I'll call a definite loss. 

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2017, 04:47:27 PM »
Because that's gonna happen again this year?  Did that happen in ANY of the prior games?  Did it happen in 2015?  Geez.  So because we bombed 2 games in a row to end the season by giving up huge leads, y'all all believe that that is going to continue in 2017?  Okay.  Gotcha. 

Auburn is in Fayetteville and yes, we're coming off the Alabama game but they're coming off the LSU game.  Both teams will be beat up.  And both possibly coming off a loss (us for sure).  Anyway, Gus has proven that he can mediocre up a season just as well as anyone, including Bielema. 

Personally, I'm not calling any game a win or a loss at this point but I could see the following happen.   I can see us winning FAMU, NMSU, CCU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou.  I can see us losing to Alabama and LSU (not because they're all that just because it's on the road).  I can see MSU being a win too.  TAMU is probably a loss.  SC is probably a win.  I think Auburn and TCU will be toss ups. 

That's 7-5 if we lose the toss ups if my math stands.  Win the 2 home toss ups with Auburn and TCU and that's 9-3.  Sounds far-fetched but really, Alabama is the ONLY game on the schedule that I'll call a definite loss.

You're putting a lot of stock in the home field advantage.

Just remember...The Alamo was the home field.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »
You're putting a lot of stock in the home field advantage.

Just remember...The Alamo was the home field.

We sure used it to our advantage last year vs. Florida.  But turned around and blew it out our asses against LSU.  And of course we lost to Alabama at home but hell, we'd lose to Alabama anywhere on the planet. 

But yeah, I do put a lot of stock in home field advantage.  But only the home at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.  Not that shithole in Little Rock.

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2017, 04:52:47 PM »

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
I find it odd that folks think there is some sort of curse with Bielema's teams going on the road.
We've had good and bad games on the road, just like at home.

Not being able to put games away last year really has to be placed on the shoulders of that defense, first and foremost. Rhoads is a highly respected DC in this game. His hire was widely known as one of the best hires in the country at the time. I feel like he should be able to get this group into serviceable shape. I did not think they should've been nearly as bad as they were.
I really think going two-gap and allowing a few of our truly athletic defensive playmakers to affect the game more is going to make a difference.

On the offensive side, the experience should really show more in this offensive line. That's one position where having collective experience under your belt makes a huge difference and can make up for a lot of faults. It can only improve and I think the other position groups are going to be fine. Rest assured, there will be one or two names that pop up that nobody is even really thinking about in the preseason as playing a more prominent role. We've pretty much seen it every year in Enos's offenses.

It's easy to clown our s&c program and say we suck and Bret is fat and that we're going lose a lot, though.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2017, 05:27:58 PM »
Just think how miserable some these people will be if Bert wins 10+ games.

It will never happen, but I will gladly admit being wrong if it were to happen.

Even Nutt was 10-1 at one point, and people hated him.  Bert is a mystery, to not show signs of progress except a 5 game stretch in year 2, and be adored.  Reminds me of a past coach we had where you couldn't predict a win or a loss in any given game.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
I find it odd that folks think there is some sort of curse with Bielema's teams going on the road.
We've had good and bad games on the road, just like at home.

Not being able to put games away last year really has to be placed on the shoulders of that defense, first and foremost. Rhoads is a highly respected DC in this game. His hire was widely known as one of the best hires in the country at the time. I feel like he should be able to get this group into serviceable shape. I did not think they should've been nearly as bad as they were.
I really think going two-gap and allowing a few of our truly athletic defensive playmakers to affect the game more is going to make a difference.

On the offensive side, the experience should really show more in this offensive line. That's one position where having collective experience under your belt makes a huge difference and can make up for a lot of faults. It can only improve and I think the other position groups are going to be fine. Rest assured, there will be one or two names that pop up that nobody is even really thinking about in the preseason as playing a more prominent role. We've pretty much seen it every year in Enos's offenses.

It's easy to clown our s&c program and say we suck and Bret is fat and that we're going lose a lot, though.
SEC West records last 2 years:
Bama 15-1
LSU 10-6
Ark 8-8
TxAM 8-8
Ole Miss 8-8
MissSt 7-9
Aub 7-9

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline PHARMHOG

• Boar
  • Master of Frugality
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2017, 07:10:45 PM »
I am not making any bets on the Hogs total wins this year until I read Wally's full schedule breakdown. 

I love how he comes up with a score like 29- 25.

Pleeeeasse don't report me to the moderator.

Online SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »
Bama 15-1
LSU 10-6:  Coach fired
Ark 8-8
TxAM 8-8:  Coach on the hot seat
Ole Miss 8-8:  Coach fired
MissSt 7-9
Aub 7-9
Not sure there is too much comfort for Bret in those stats.  He is smack dab in the middle of fired coaches and one who may be fired by seasons end.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2017, 08:07:25 PM »
Not sure there is too much comfort for Bret in those stats.  He is smack dab in the middle of fired coaches and one who may be fired by seasons end.
Didnt mean for it to be any comfort. Just showing that we are just as good or bad and everyone in the West besides Bama. Meanwhile, many around here think we are dogmeat and they hope we can win 5 games this year.

Sumlin will be dead man walking after we beat them this year.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »
Bama 15-1
LSU 10-6
Ark 8-8
TxAM 8-8
Ole Miss 8-8
MissSt 7-9
Aub 7-9

This wouldn't look too bad, if 8-8 was accompanied by 4-0 nonconference and a bowl win.  That'd be back-to-back 9-4 or an 8-5 and 10-3 season. 

Not the case though.  This is what you call marginalizing the tenure by looking at very specific data points over years 3-4 instead of looking at 1-4 as a whole.  It's what those people that just love Bert have to do at this point.  No shame in that.

Hey, I'll give you this though.  If we win 5 conference games this year, I'll be on board.  That would be enough to show me that he can coach without other coaches' recruited talent.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2017, 09:14:04 PM »
I'm not sure what you people are so down about.  We are historically a 7 win program.  That means our five wins this year will be just two off of our maximum potential.  That is pretty darned good.  If we can do that, Bret deserves a raise and an extension.

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2017, 09:16:57 PM »
It will never happen, but I will gladly admit being wrong if it were to happen.
I'm betting you would disappear forever before you would admit to being wrong. Come on Bert!

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2017, 09:27:10 PM »
I almost hate to post in the "positive" thread. Here Debbie's go ahead and tighten the noose with this.

Heard the defense looked really good today.

Freshman running back from Memphis, Chase Hayden, is really going to help with the RBU thing. He's a homerun threat.

Defensive backs really playing well.

Go ahead somebody point out that the weather isn't hot enough to get us ready for 4th quarters. Stupid for not doing 2 a days, yadda, yadda. (I know the rule on 2 a days. Just sayin)

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2017, 09:43:45 PM »
I almost hate to post in the "positive" thread. Here Debbie's go ahead and tighten the noose with this.

Heard the defense looked really good today.

Freshman running back from Memphis, Chase Hayden, is really going to help with the RBU thing. He's a homerun threat.

Defensive backs really playing well.

Go ahead somebody point out that the weather isn't hot enough to get us ready for 4th quarters. Stupid for not doing 2 a days, yadda, yadda. (I know the rule on 2 a days. Just sayin)
I think we have some real talent in this freshman class. When I read that Hayden had moved to 3rd string already, I knew the hype was real.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"