Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dishwasher Rec  (Read 721 times)

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
Dishwasher Rec
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:27:24 PM »
Dishwasher finally is shot...kenmore 34 years. Need to replace it for a rental propert but don't want to spend a ton but I also don't want to throw a piece of crap in there as I'll probably be selling it in the next year. Recommendations welcome
Muzzy can eat a bag of dicks

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • watches video games on youtube
Re: Dishwasher Rec
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 06:50:38 AM »
Dishwasher finally is shot...kenmore 34 years. Need to replace it for a rental propert but don't want to spend a ton but I also don't want to throw a piece of crap in there as I'll probably be selling it in the next year. Recommendations welcome

go to lowes.com and pick whatever one in the price range is your favorite color.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 08:05:06 AM »
...or go to Lowe's and buy one of those dinged up units they always have on special.  I finally had to buy a new one for the house.  Got a Maytag.  Don't remember the model.  You cannot even tell it is running.  Dishes outstanding even on the quick wash that we use all the time.  Paid someone to put it in.  Best $100 I ever spent.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 08:19:22 AM »
I'm ordering it and having it delivered. So far sears has better prices. However sears also delivered my frig and caused an issue with the door so that it wasn't closing properly at install

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »
Looks like same dishwasher at lowe's and Best Buy they are wanting more money for parts and installation. Sears is cheapest deal. Lowe's doesn't even have any info on hauling your old dishwasher away on their site.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 10:02:37 AM »
Looks like same dishwasher at lowe's and Best Buy they are wanting more money for parts and installation. Sears is cheapest deal. Lowe's doesn't even have any info on hauling your old dishwasher away on their site.
The $100 for installation included hauling the old one away.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 11:33:13 AM »
The $100 for installation included hauling the old one away.
i ain't got time to deal with all that since I'm in Denver and dealing with a rental. Got a stainless on sale at sears for $300 and it's not bottom of the line and the installation and haul off were $150 ish. Done.

Offline phead2903

• A Shoat
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 01:17:13 PM »
Habitat for Humanity Restore would have hauled it off and given you a tax receipt for it.

Offline hit_that_line

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »
Habitat can't take them anymore because of some hippy clean water act.
"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline phead2903

• A Shoat
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 11:59:40 AM »
we still take them here in the Fort - no water heaters, but we take dishwashers, fridges, stoves, etc.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 07:19:16 PM »
You must have jinxed mine. It's out...looks like it's the thermister/optical water indicator or google translation = need a new one. I've already patched the thing up once a year or so ago so maybe it's just time to move on.

Edit: was able to get into test mode and we'll see how that works out. Probably a board or a element about to go toast.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:44:01 PM by Animal »

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• A wacked out, east Arkansan turned well-to-do Ferndale-ite
  • King of the Hogs
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 08:58:20 PM »
Get a Bosch, Animal...  Metro in maumelle has them.  Worth every penny.  You can put a whole live chicken in that fucker and it will spit out a bone necklace and a feather pillow....bothers clean.
Your new administration.
Accept it, bitches!

That's me.

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 09:18:15 PM »
Get a Bosch, Animal...  Metro in maumelle has them.  Worth every penny.  You can put a whole live chicken in that fucker and it will spit out a bone necklace and a feather pillow....bothers clean.
nope fuck the Bosch. I've had one and they are pricey pieces of Shit. My appliance handyman literally said get anything but Bosch when you order a new one. My landlord put a brand new one in when I moved into my last place and it didn't clean shit. It also ran forever on a cycle and even with rinse aid and booster didn't clean shit. I thought maybe it was just we had a shit one...went to Florida and our house had one. Same thing. Don't waste your money.

• King of the Hogs
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 12:16:56 PM »
nope fuck the Bosch. I've had one and they are pricey pieces of Shit. My appliance handyman literally said get anything but Bosch when you order a new one. My landlord put a brand new one in when I moved into my last place and it didn't clean shit. It also ran forever on a cycle and even with rinse aid and booster didn't clean shit. I thought maybe it was just we had a shit one...went to Florida and our house had one. Same thing. Don't waste your money.

I have the exact opposite experience.
Your new administration.
Accept it, bitches!

That's me.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
My dad got a Bosch a few years ago and it's already died

Offline Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »
I have the exact opposite experience.
i dunno but I hated mine. For $1000 bucks it didn't do a tough job...I literally would have to take dishes out scrub them myself because things would stick and then just not even come off after a cycle.

My handyman said ask the samsung and hot point's to stay away from. 

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 01:33:42 PM »
Recently bought a Maytag top control dishwasher.  Have not had any trouble.  Do not pre-wash and only use short cycle.  Dishes spotless and can't tell it is on.  Some people say they have had trouble with the door leaking.  We have not.  However, we buy an extended warranty on everything these days due to overall quality of all appliances.

• King of the Hogs
  • ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 08:38:34 PM »
3 years ago when we started our remodel, I bought a GE at Lowe's.  It was on sale or whatever, and we were going to need one, so I bought it.  It sat in a crate in my garage for about 6 months.  After the kitchen was finished, I installed it.  It lasted less than 10 months.  Water pump went out, they wanted $580 to fix it, plus a service charge.  I paid around $1000 for it, and I said some words to some customer service people that I might not should have, but I will never, as long as I'm alive, buy another appliance made by them.

The Bosch cost a good bit more, but dude gave me a five year warranty because I was bitching about the pos I got from lowes, and I had already spent about $8k on a cooktop and other cooking things, I don't know what they are called.  Something "oven" and a microwave.
Anyway, I like mine and my dishes are always clean.  And...AND...it's real quiet.
Your new administration.
Accept it, bitches!

That's me.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 33 queries.