Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Question For Central Arkansas Attorneys  (Read 425 times)

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
Question For Central Arkansas Attorneys
« on: August 16, 2017, 04:45:05 PM »
I found an old case on https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov. It lists the filing date as January 1st which I'm certain is incorrect since court would have been closed that day. It appears they loaded all the cases for that year (at least the ones that showed up in my search) with the January 1st date regardless of actual filing date. If I'm reading correctly, the case # is AABB-CC-DDDD where AA is the county code, BB is the case type, CC is the year filed, and DDDD is the sequential # of the case. The year of the January 1st filing date matches the CC in the case #. Is there any way to find out the actual filing date?

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
Re: Question For Central Arkansas Attorneys
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
I assume there were no image files?  Filings have a physical ink stamp that shows date and time.  All new cases are imaged, but old ones beyond a certain date aren't.  If yours isn't, you can call the clerk and ask for the stamped date of any filing.  Or go to the clerk's office and ask for the paper file and see it yourself.

You're right about the numbering, except that the AA county code was only started a couple years ago, and often you'll see AABB-CC-DDDD-F, where F indicates the judge or division.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
Re: Question For Central Arkansas Attorneys
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:23:35 PM »
Thanks. Mine doesn't have the image file so I'll contact the clerk. It's older so I'm not surprised it doesn't have the image.