Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

The Razorbacks will finish with a regular season record of...

1-11 and the whole program takes a couple years off to contemplate life
0 (0%)
2-10 and everyone is fired, everywhere
0 (0%)
3-9 only the most important people are fired
0 (0%)
4-8 only the least important people are fired
1 (25%)
5-7 only the least unimportant people are fired
0 (0%)
6-6 only the most unimportant people are fired
3 (75%)
7-5 no one is fired, welcome to the first day of the rest of your life
0 (0%)
8-4 everyone gets a raise
0 (0%)
9-3 everyone gets a 10 million dollar buyout increase
0 (0%)
10-2 Bielema runs for governor, wins
0 (0%)
11-1 and then I wake up
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: September 18, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

Author Topic: Time for YOUR annual bye week "predict the record" thread of the bye week  (Read 958 times)

Online BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
Re: Time for YOUR annual bye week "predict the record" thread of the bye week
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 09:32:18 PM »
danny sheridan said today we'll be a 28 point dog to bama.  should any respectable football program ever be a 4td dog to anyone ever, under any circumstances?

to me, that is a fire-able offense for a $4mm a year coach in year 5.
After that 56-3 beatdown by Auburn Saturday he will be known only as Bert until he wins an SEC title.  That is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
danny sheridan said today we'll be a 28 point dog to bama.  should any respectable football program ever be a 4td dog to anyone ever, under any circumstances?

It's not like we already knew that or figured it would be worse.

I am guessing 52 - 0 or worse.

Oh,yes. I agree, fire-able offense.

Sent while RMPL

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 09:41:45 PM »

Every bit of that is true.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 09:47:03 PM »
love - 40
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »
2-10.  no one fired.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 11:16:55 PM »
New Mexico State is not horrible....you may get your wish sooner than you think

If Mississippi state and Missouri have nothing to play for, we can beat them...can..

Coastal Carolina is the only for sure win....

This is a talent thing and I imagine if things go bad in Dallas it'll be a team thing.
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Online The Red Death

• Let me put my genus in you
  • Boar
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 11:23:49 PM »
Remember when they said Petrino left a dumpster fire?  Then just 2 years later Bielema told everyone that group was his most talented he's ever coached?  And now this team in 2017 really IS a dumpster fire. 

I bet the people who blamed Petrinos players really feel stupid right now.

4-8. 
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 01:45:23 AM »
Remember when they said Petrino left a dumpster fire?  Then just 2 years later Bielema told everyone that group was his most talented he's ever coached?  And now this team in 2017 really IS a dumpster fire. 

4-8.

One falsity spewed on here.  Petrino did not leave a dumpster fire.  He left back to back 10 win seasons and a preseason top 15 ranking.  John L, who was Jeff's choice, coached and recruited in 2012.  It was never in Petrino's job description, especially with a $15mm buyout, to set the program up for someone else to take over.  The idiots on here have opined that he would have left us anyways.  He may have, but not prior to 2017 for sure, and by then, I'd have been okay after 5 or 6 seasons in the top 15, which was guaranteed.  Would have been our best run since the 70s.

The thing is, most good coaches get better at their new jobs.  It does actually take time to change culture (regardless of what it was) and add your "own players."  Not always incrementally better, but certainly better.  Bielema got better because he sucked his first year.  He was 0-8, and because of that, people wanted to sell 7-6 and 8-5 as incremental improvement that would never get worse.  One thing they forgot was how many coaching decisions cost us ballgames the first 3 years.  While other things could change, we were never getting much better with BB at the helm, unless he showed that he could actually coach and not flip to page 135 and make a decision.  During the actual 3.5 hour game, he's so much like Nutt in his decision-making that every sane person can see it, but a few still can't. 

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Wooisme

• A Shoat
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 06:24:12 AM »

4-8.

No.  They're still talking about Harley's, harlots, lying  to Herr Long (Horrors), and how mean he was to little ol' ladies in the ticket office.  We ARE our own worst enemy.
Giving yourself the best chance to hire an elite coach?  4-5 Million dollars
Giving an elite coach the facilities he needs for your program?  35-50 Million dollars
Firing that coach?  Priceless.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:21 AM »
We don't play hard (skip)...we don't play hard (skip)...we don't play hard (skip)...we don't play hard

We don't fuggin play as hard for as long as our opponents.  Booger noticed this, the announcers noticed it, any coach in 'Murica would see it.  Forget schemes, forget play calling, forget whether to go on 4th and 2.  Without all out effort you suck as a coach, your team is doomed.

Oh yeah.  You folks saying our D was OK, right?  At one point they were 11-13 in 3rd down conversions.  That is absolutely suck ass choke-it-down disgraceful defense in my book.

First team to face adversity next week may just roll over like a big 'ole snake.  Fold like a giant taco.

Rant not over, not by a long shot.  We is Arkansans, and we'uns deserve a team that plays hard.
Just ask the Axis

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 10:11:48 AM »

4-8.

What gets me, is that people think that if Bielema goes, he will leave us with a full cupboard of players.

The fact is, unless those players fit the new coach's vision, or he can put them in a position to win, like Petrino did with what Nutt left him, it is back to square one. We saw it with JL. We thought it would be ok, but it did not happen.

Offline Hog Sauce

• Boar
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 10:19:47 AM »

Lane Kiffin is making less than 1 mm/yr at FAU.  The Hogs could probably get him for nothing and get better results than what BB has produced thus far.  Bert is robbin' & stealin' at 4 mm/yr.   

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • watches video games on youtube
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »
Lane Kiffin is making less than 1 mm/yr at FAU.  The Hogs could probably get him for nothing and get better results than what BB has produced thus far.  Bert is robbin' & stealin' at 4 mm/yr.

are you basing that assertion off of Lane's track record as a head coach?

Offline Hog Sauce

• Boar
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2017, 10:47:59 AM »
are you basing that assertion off of Lane's track record as a head coach?

As to Bass's post....the point is the Hogs aren't getting good ROI with Bert.  They could get just about anyone, even a Lane Kiffin, for a whole lot less and probably get similar, if not better results. 

/Captain Obvious

Online Barton Fink

• Boar
  • Bring it!
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »
Don't really care for Kiffin but...he'd probably be pretty motivated to go all Joey Freshwater into Saban.
<--- I'm with him

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 34 queries.