Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New Hotness - Coaching Search  (Read 66730 times)

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
Re: New Hotness - Coaching Search
« Reply #1475 on: November 14, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »
So, what if Bret is fired after the Mizzou game and on the following Monday, Les Miles is announced as our new coach?  How would that make you feel?

Me, I'd be more than disappointed.  My God, if he couldn't win at a Nick Saban clip at LSU with their recruiting advantage, I just can't see him winning here.  He'd be Nutt 3.0. 

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #1476 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:01 PM »
So, what if Bret is fired after the Mizzou game and on the following Monday, Les Miles is announced as our new coach?  How would that make you feel?

:portishead: :portishead: :suicide:

Offline geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
« Reply #1477 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »
I can't get behind Miles as coach.  The antics, the ego, and his former disrespect for our state and program make him a nonstarter for me.  Hiring him would crush me.  I'd rather have Nutt back than Les Miles. 

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #1478 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

Me, I'd be more than disappointed.  My God, if he couldn't win at a Nick Saban clip at LSU with their recruiting advantage, I just can't see him winning here.  He'd be Nutt 3.0.

i'd be pissed
After that 56-3 beatdown by Auburn Saturday he will be known only as Bert until he wins an SEC title.  That is the only way he gets back in teh good graces enough to be called by the name his momma gave him.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #1479 on: November 14, 2017, 03:37:01 PM »

This post brought to you by Petit Jean Meats. Taste the difference!

Offline JDHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #1480 on: November 14, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #1481 on: November 14, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »
I loathe the thought of waiting 3 years for a new coach to 'get his players in'.   Three years for Bobby P to get them out there, one year burn on JLS, now five years of a slow build for BB...

We'd be nearing a decade of waiting around for the right folks to be on campus.  I have a kid in Middle School and we've beaten Alabama once since his birth.   I'm more concerned with losing a generation of hog fans and what that means in the future.

That said, it comes down to whether or not we have the talent on campus right now to hit expectations next season.  If we do, then some changes and having to 'coach for your job' for the first time could get everyone through this rough patch.  However, if we do not feel the talent is on campus, then might as well pull the trigger and start the '3 year wait' now.

Cannot think that this is a 'we are Arkansas' moment though.  Tennessee, Nebraska, aTm, Texas, Michigan, Florida, LSU, USC.....all are going through it or have in the last 2-3 years.  Doesn't make it suck any less, but shows just how important making the right hire is, and how difficult it is to do.

At Arkansas we should embrace 8-10 win seasons.  Enjoy the games, a road trip, Jerry World, and a bowl game.  Once every ten years the stars will align and we'll have the schedule, experience, and talent to make a run at it.  It is in those years when we need a coach who can take us to a championship.  All the others are about the program, the grades, the kids, facilities, and getting coke back.

I agree with much of your statement except the highlighted part.  If, indeed, we have the talent on campus right now to meet reasonable expectations, yet we are suffering through this debacle of a season, then that's an indictment of the coaching staff.  Given the previous four years of performance, particularly last year's, then he should have known that 2017 was the "coach for your job" season.

Of course, I think most good coaches nowadays regard every season as a "coach for your job" season.  Why, theoretically let's say a coach won the SEC-East two years in a row then messed up just once.  He might be out of a job, however unlikely that sounds.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
« Reply #1482 on: November 14, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »
Why, theoretically let's say a coach won the SEC-East two years in a row then messed up just once.  He might be out of a job, however unlikely that sounds.

Never happen.   ;)

Offline The Red Death

• Forecast: Reloading
  • Boar
« Reply #1483 on: November 14, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »

https://goo.gl/images/DZSCL8
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:51:14 PM by The Red Death »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Phat_Hawg

• I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1484 on: November 14, 2017, 03:49:37 PM »
Um, we are one of the least penalized teams in CFB. I agree with the rest of what you say though

That's something I would not have thought but you are correct. 

There has to be some way I can make this into a negative thing about Bielema.  Maybe "his team doesn't even try hard enough to get penalized". 
Homies help homies.  Always.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1485 on: November 14, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »
Um, we are one of the least penalized teams in CFB. I agree with the rest of what you say though

That is easy when every possession is a three and out.
"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

Look, I know exactly what I typed and the next 3 people couldn't piece it together.

Online Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #1486 on: November 14, 2017, 03:56:25 PM »

Quit bringing up Les Miles' name.  We bring it up anymore, he's liable to appear in the mirror behind you as a demon ghost.

Damn, I just did it.  And I swear, the lights just flight flickered.  :stunned:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:02:17 PM by Tampa TechnoHOG »
If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #1487 on: November 14, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »

And when the defense doesn't line up within 2 yards of the LOS, it's hard to get an offsides, and when they can't hit their way out of a paper bag, it's hard to get a personal foul....we can go on and on with this.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1488 on: November 14, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »

Crap that's what I should have said.
Homies help homies.  Always.

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
« Reply #1489 on: November 14, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
https://goo.gl/images/DZSCL8

You know if you use the IMG tag, you can just put that right here and party on.  Like this:

Offline TUSKS

• A Shoat
« Reply #1490 on: November 14, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »
I agree with much of your statement except the highlighted part.  If, indeed, we have the talent on campus right now to meet reasonable expectations, yet we are suffering through this debacle of a season, then that's an indictment of the coaching staff.  Given the previous four years of performance, particularly last year's, then he should have known that 2017 was the "coach for your job" season.

Of course, I think most good coaches nowadays regard every season as a "coach for your job" season.  Why, theoretically let's say a coach won the SEC-East two years in a row then messed up just once.  He might be out of a job, however unlikely that sounds.

I understand your thought process there, but looking at 'talent on campus' I also mean talent that is injured, not yet utilized, and even under coached by those outside of BB.  I'd like to see what Cole can do with the receivers that will be back next year.  What the line can do after a year getting their dick beat in the ground.   Sure, would love to have seen all that this year, but because it did not happen this year does not mean it can't in the next.

A glaring problem for me has been the lack of a cohesive staff.  One of BB's main reasons for leaving Wiscy was he had no money to pay and retain his staff.  This affects recruiting, development, and chemistry.  Since he's been here, literally a revolving door despite the $ and choices he's made.  I get that you want to develop your staff and see them advance in their careers, but we've had an unusual amount of turnover for that being a focus area.

Offline TUSKS

• A Shoat
« Reply #1491 on: November 14, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »

I understand your thought process there, but looking at 'talent on campus' I also mean talent that is injured, not yet utilized, and even under coached by those outside of BB.  I'd like to see what Cole can do with the receivers that will be back next year.  What the line can do after a year getting their dick beat in the ground.   Sure, would love to have seen all that this year, but because it did not happen this year does not mean it can't in the next.

A glaring problem for me has been the lack of a cohesive staff.  One of BB's main reasons for leaving Wiscy was he had no money to pay and retain his staff.  This affects recruiting, development, and chemistry.  Since he's been here, literally a revolving door despite the $ and choices he's made.  I get that you want to develop your staff and see them advance in their careers, but we've had an unusual amount of turnover for that being a focus area.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
  • all extremists should be shot.
« Reply #1492 on: November 14, 2017, 04:34:02 PM »
We damn sure don't hold.  hell, sometimes we barely touch their D-linemen en route to trying to kill AA.
When did you stop beating your gay lover?

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #1493 on: November 14, 2017, 04:39:11 PM »
You know if you use the IMG tag, you can just put that right here and party on.  Like this:

thumbup:
No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1494 on: November 14, 2017, 04:42:35 PM »
Is Long's replacement already arranged?

I think we'll need a ruling from Duckman's wife's tits on this one.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Online Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • Boar
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #1495 on: November 14, 2017, 04:59:18 PM »
And when the defense doesn't line up within 2 yards of the LOS, it's hard to get an offsides, and when they can't hit their way out of a paper bag, it's hard to get a personal foul....we can go on and on with this.
We are too slow to jump off sides. The play is usually a couple of seconds old before we even move.
The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
« Reply #1496 on: November 14, 2017, 05:09:12 PM »

Online CoonrodTodd

• A Shoat
« Reply #1497 on: November 14, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »

Offline hit_that_line

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #1498 on: November 14, 2017, 05:19:59 PM »
Kelley to UF.
"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
« Reply #1499 on: November 14, 2017, 05:32:14 PM »

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 35 queries.