Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Baker Mayfield  (Read 7043 times)

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
Baker Mayfield
« on: September 13, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »
Did everyone know this kids story? I only get my news from Woopig, so maybe I am behind.

The kid goes to HS in Austin, TX. No one offers him.

He walks on at Texas Tech and becomes the first walk on true freshman to ever start a season opener at a Power Five Conference.

Not only does he start, but he completes 43 passes for 413 yards.

Then something happens with the coaches and he leaves, saying it was because of miscommunication with Kingsbury.

He was never on scholarship with TT.

He enrolls at Oklahoma, without even telling the OU coaches! They had no idea he was transferring. How lucky is OU?

He petitions to not sit out a year because he wasnt on scholarship with TT, but the NCAA says no.

The bigger problem is that the Big XII has a rule that would make him have to sit out two years because it is an intra-conference transfer. The rule gets changed and is dubbed the Baker Mayfield Rule.

Now OU is #2 in the country with a guy that will probably win the Heisman, and they didnt even have to recruit him.

To top it all off he gets the shit knocked out of him in Fayetteville by a police officer and hes another in a long list of stud QBs that Texas completely missed. RGIII, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, etc.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: Baker Mayfield
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
He's going to make a lot of New York Jets money, I know that much about him.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:55:33 PM »
He played a helluva game against OSU.

<--- I'm with him

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »
Did everyone know this kids story? I only get my news from Woopig, so maybe I am behind.

The kid goes to HS in Austin, TX. No one offers him.

He walks on at Texas Tech and becomes the first walk on true freshman to ever start a season opener at a Power Five Conference.

Not only does he start, but he completes 43 passes for 413 yards.

Then something happens with the coaches and he leaves, saying it was because of miscommunication with Kingsbury.

He was never on scholarship with TT.

He enrolls at Oklahoma, without even telling the OU coaches! They had no idea he was transferring. How lucky is OU?

He petitions to not sit out a year because he wasnt on scholarship with TT, but the NCAA says no.

The bigger problem is that the Big XII has a rule that would make him have to sit out two years because it is an intra-conference transfer. The rule gets changed and is dubbed the Baker Mayfield Rule.

Now OU is #2 in the country with a guy that will probably win the Heisman, and they didnt even have to recruit him.

To top it all off he gets the shit knocked out of him in Fayetteville by a police officer and hes another in a long list of stud QBs that Texas completely missed. RGIII, Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, etc.

I think he was only tackled by the Fayetteville police.  The original youtube that came out was not him.  He was running from the police, and received a pretty decent form tackle.  The policeman didn't lower his head or make head to head contact thus reducing the risk of head injury.

He won the Burlsworth award for Outstanding Walk-on and has been to Fayetteville a few times.  I have a friend who visited with him when he toured our complex.  He said he seemed like a really down to earth guy.  I hope the guy has a successful career.  I think he had a girlfriend in Fayetteville, but may not anymore.  Getting tackled on Dickson will ruin a relationship.

Offline RiverRat

• Wild Hog
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:49:37 PM »
He played a helluva game against OSU.

Really like that kid.  I thought it was great after the game when he ran around the stadium and then went and planted the OU flag at the OSU 50 yd line.  He gave zero f**ks and definitely made a statement that night.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 06:22:03 PM »
No one offered him because his dad was crazy and Baker is right there with him.  This is from Gary Patterson after Baker said TCU lied to him about a scholarship.   

Just spoke with TCU coach Gary Patterson, who, while at practice for the Horned Frogs' Alamo Bowl match-up vs Oregon, called over the coach who recruited Mayfield, DC Chad Glasgow. "When did we tell Baker Mayfield he wasn't getting a scholarship?"
"First week of January," I heard Glasgow respond.
Patterson: "I like Baker Mayfield. I think he's a good kid and that's what disappoints me.
"If Baker Mayfield wants to blame TCU for 128 BCS schools not offering him a scholarship, that's fine. But ask Kliff Kingsbury why he didn't offer him a scholarship at Texas Tech. Ask about Baker's dad [James]. He's an arrogant guy who thinks he knows everything. If people knew the whole story, they might not have a great opinion of Baker or his father."

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »
He's won the Burlsworth trophy two years in a row so he's gotten to know people in NWA pretty well.  Probably heisman next.

Online TC

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 07:09:48 PM »
No one offered him because his dad was crazy and Baker is right there with him.  This is from Gary Patterson after Baker said TCU lied to him about a scholarship.   

Just spoke with TCU coach Gary Patterson, who, while at practice for the Horned Frogs' Alamo Bowl match-up vs Oregon, called over the coach who recruited Mayfield, DC Chad Glasgow. "When did we tell Baker Mayfield he wasn't getting a scholarship?"
Patterson: "I like Baker Mayfield. I think he's a good kid and that's what disappoints me.
"If Baker Mayfield wants to blame TCU for 128 BCS schools not offering him a scholarship, that's fine. But ask Kliff Kingsbury why he didn't offer him a scholarship at Texas Tech. Ask about Baker's dad [James]. He's an arrogant guy who thinks he knows everything. If people knew the whole story, they might not have a great opinion of Baker or his father."

Don't be that dad.

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 07:29:17 PM »

This was kind of my leaning. I mean, he leaves TT and says they weren't gonna put him on scholarship. Aint no way in hell they werent gonna give him a scholarship after that season he had. Then he enrolls at OU without even telling the coaching staff.

A very stable genius.

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »
This was kind of my leaning. I mean, he leaves TT and says they weren't gonna put him on scholarship. Aint no way in hell they werent gonna give him a scholarship after that season he had. Then he enrolls at OU without even telling the coaching staff.
He's got "crazy" eyes. I trust that Patterson is telling the truth, but I still wish he'd have enrolled here without the coaches knowing.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
He's got "crazy" eyes. I trust that Patterson is telling the truth, but I still wish he'd have enrolled here without the coaches knowing.

Agreed.

A very stable genius.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 09:42:43 PM »

Yeah just think of what he could do on Dickson if he were full time here.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
What is crazy about his dad? Was his dad saying everyone was a dumbass not to give his kid a scholarship? If so, he's not crazy....he was right.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline hogtimate29

• Occams Razorback
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 09:08:30 AM »
well, he's no marcus Dupree.

I don't even calendar

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 09:54:24 AM »
What is crazy about his dad? Was his dad saying everyone was a dumbass not to give his kid a scholarship? If so, he's not crazy....he was right.

thanks, sKKKip. 

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 10:09:36 AM »
well, he's no marcus Dupree.
Is he LaVar Ball? Or Marv Marinovich?

Oops. Wrong reference.

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online NotHereToMakeSense

• A Shoat
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 11:46:13 AM »

Yeah. Bert would have him at safety or tight end though.

Offline bar_hog

• Boar
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 11:54:05 AM »
He made me a blow u fan for the year.and that hurts

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
Y'all late to the party.  This is the third year that he's been bottled lightning for OU.  Mayfield vs. Jackson for the Heisman this year.  I hate that OU is going to be so good this season while we suck.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 07:06:04 PM »

I wonder if he was a baseball prospect and nobody thought he'd go football? I'm not sure what the issue is with the dad but he'd have to be a pretty large douche bag for that to be a problem. I mean there is a long line of crazy ass parents. Maybe some other issues that coaches in Texas knew that haven't surfaced.

Oh and as I recall that Davis Webb III was lightly recruited or maybe a walkon that ended up at Texas Tech around that same time that also got some run before transferring to Cal. Kingsbury might know anything else but he apparently comes across quarterbacks.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 07:11:28 PM »
He made me a blow u fan for the year.and that hurts

Y'all late to the party.  This is the third year that he's been bottled lightning for OU.  Mayfield vs. Jackson for the Heisman this year.  I hate that OU is going to be so good this season while we suck.

There is a gay thread in P+R.  :stache:

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 07:36:43 PM »
There is a gay thread in P+R.  :stache:

This ain't no Aaron Rodgers thread...

Offline HogJaw

• RMPL Guy
  • A Shoat
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 08:39:38 PM »
thanks, sKKKip.

You try WAY too hard to try and be funny!!
In this forum or P&R!!
It aint working for you man!!  Find another persona to shoot for!! O0 O0 O0

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »

You try WAY too hard to try and be funny!!
In this forum or P&R!!
It aint working for you man!!  Find another persona to shoot for!! O0 O0 O0

This next post was made by a real dumbass.