Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2018 Baseball Preseason and In-Season Non-Game Thread  (Read 22578 times)

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
Re: Baseball Preseason
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2018, 05:46:27 PM »
Got my season tix pack today.   ;D

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2018, 05:59:28 PM »
Got my season tix pack today.   ;D

:thumbup: came with a really cool calendar this year.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2018, 03:28:55 PM »
:thumbup: came with a really cool calendar this year.

And a nice, clear bag.

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2018, 03:39:00 PM »
The bandwagonners will be tested severely.
I'm here! Prove something to me, baseball.

I'm a Razorback fan, I feel like I'm pretty battle tested when it come to disappointment. 

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2018, 08:54:46 AM »
https://www.baseballamerica.com/college/preseason-college-baseball-rankings-top-25-2018/#DhgEPtW32Eorddgq.97

1. Florida | 52-19 | 1

2. Oregon State | 56-6 | 3

3. FSU | 46-23 | 6

4. Arkansas | 45-19 | 19

5. Texas Tech | 45-17 | 12

6. UNC | 49-14 | 11

7. TCU | 50-18 | 3

8. Kentucky | 43-23 | 9

9. Stanford | 42-16 | 15

10. Texas A&M | 41-23 | 10

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2018, 11:46:05 AM »
https://www.baseballamerica.com/college/2018-college-baseball-preseason-top-25-capsules-no-4-arkansas/

Path to Omaha: Arkansas looks to be one of the most complete teams in the country. The Knight-Campbell duo at the front of its rotation has the potential to rival anyone in the country, and the Razorbacks have plenty of depth backing them up. Arkansas will have to adjust to not having Spanberger in the middle of the lineup, but it has the depth and experience to again be one of the most productive offenses in the SEC. Arkansas faces a grueling schedule that could make it the No. 1 national seed at the end of the season and will have to shoulder weighty expectations. If it can handle that load, it has all the pieces to return to Omaha and contend for the first national title in program history.
Read more at https://www.baseballamerica.com/college/2018-college-baseball-preseason-top-25-capsules-no-4-arkansas/#syRBcxwgzGkm6KWC.99

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2018, 12:14:59 PM »
I watched Fletcher hit one out Saturday in BP into a 20-30 mph wind.  I don't think I saw another ball get within 30 feet of the fence in RF.

Isaiah Campbell is 94-96 and expected to be a 1st round pick.  Our 1-2 is going to be deadly.   

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2018, 12:24:01 PM »
I watched Fletcher hit one out Saturday in BP into a 20-30 mph wind.  I don't think I saw another ball get within 30 feet of the fence in RF.

Isaiah Campbell is 94-96 and expected to be a 1st round pick.  Our 1-2 is going to be deadly.

I actually thought Fletcher was a linebacker trying out from the football team this fall.  I hate making predictions, but Spanberger numbers are a possibility just from the eye test.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »
It's just the Hog fan in me, I know, but I always get a little nervous when we are predicted to do really well in any sport.  Ready to see if this team can back up the big offseason talk. BTW, I looked ahead at our first two conference series and they are against KY and then AT Gainesville. We'll found out what this team is made of right of the chute.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2018, 01:22:27 PM »

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2018, 01:30:00 PM »
Those are awesome

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2018, 02:16:17 PM »

Haters gonna hate

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2018, 02:23:29 PM »
It's just the Hog fan in me, I know, but I always get a little nervous when we are predicted to do really well in any sport.  Ready to see if this team can back up the big offseason talk. BTW, I looked ahead at our first two conference series and they are against KY and then AT Gainesville. We'll found out what this team is made of right of the chute.
Same here. I figure we will somehow have a ton of injuries and fall like a turd in the churn. I would rather start out middle of the pack and work our way up.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2018, 02:33:30 PM »
Same here. I figure we will somehow have a ton of injuries and fall like a turd in the churn. I would rather start out middle of the pack and work our way up.

As I stated earlier, the bandwaggoners will have plenty jump off for.  The SEC Football schedule has never been this loaded with SEC teams, and we play all of the top ten ranked SEC teams this year, except Vanderbilt.  I think it's split about even on which teams are on the road and which come to Baum.  Unfortunately we can't play home and away. 

Two non-conference Texass teams in mid week mean our non-weekend starters need to amp up their games. 

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2018, 02:42:16 PM »

I get this mentality. It's more comfortable to have middling expectations, because then you get to be happy with whatever success your team does have. But we've already done the middling team has middling success thing a bunch of times. I'm glad to have a team that everyone agrees is loaded with talent, and I'm glad to have probably the best schedule we've ever had to watch them play against.

Offline BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
  • Billy Mays For President?
« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2018, 02:46:37 PM »
As I stated earlier, the bandwaggoners will have plenty jump off for.  The SEC Football schedule has never been this loaded with SEC teams, and we play all of the top ten ranked SEC teams this year, except Vanderbilt.  I think it's split about even on which teams are on the road and which come to Baum.  Unfortunately we can't play home and away. 

Two non-conference Texass teams in mid week mean our non-weekend starters need to amp up their games.

they won't be throwing their best mid-week either though, glass half full

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2018, 02:54:37 PM »
they won't be throwing their best mid-week either though, glass half full

Agree, but they might use one of their weekend guys because they know their weekend opponent is a Big 12 patsy.  Ain't no patsies in the SEC this year, or at least not nearly as many.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2018, 03:05:15 PM »
Agree, but they might use one of their weekend guys because they know their weekend opponent is a Big 12 patsy.  Ain't no patsies in the SEC this year, or at least not nearly as many.

The Big XII had the #1 conference RPI last year.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2018, 03:42:37 PM »

I get this mentality. It's more comfortable to have middling expectations, because then you get to be happy with whatever success your team does have. But we've already done the middling team has middling success thing a bunch of times. I'm glad to have a team that everyone agrees is loaded with talent, and I'm glad to have probably the best schedule we've ever had to watch them play against.

This.

Being at Baum and watching baseball is just fun, winning is bonus and baseball is a crazy unpredictable game.

Haters gonna hate

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2018, 04:53:22 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved our baseball teams. I was there last year for the regional. It isn't just baseball....it is every sport we play. Seems like every time we are picked high, we shit the bed. I guess I am just old and have been through it more than most of the youngsters. It has just seemed that we have not handled prosperity very well. Right now, baseball is all we have to look forward to and being picked this high just makes me nervous. I hope we come out smoking and finish on fire. I would love to see it. I also remember when we lost to, I believe, Fresno State, in the finals when we had Kevin McReynolds, 1-0. Crushing......

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2018, 08:07:12 PM »
Had a friend at practice today. Fletcher killing it

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2018, 09:06:11 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I have always loved our baseball teams. I was there last year for the regional. It isn't just baseball....it is every sport we play. Seems like every time we are picked high, we shit the bed. I guess I am just old and have been through it more than most of the youngsters. It has just seemed that we have not handled prosperity very well. Right now, baseball is all we have to look forward to and being picked this high just makes me nervous. I hope we come out smoking and finish on fire. I would love to see it. I also remember when we lost to, I believe, Fresno State, in the finals when we had Kevin McReynolds, 1-0. Crushing......

Cal state Fullerton 2-1.
F-ing Augie G

Haters gonna hate

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2018, 10:18:56 AM »
Great read: https://www.baseballamerica.com/college/arkansas-enters-2018-with-high-expectations/

Yes, great read.

We all need to keep telling ourselves not to have such high expectations, because even though we seem to have plenty of depth, a couple of key injuries, a couple of hitting slumps, bad weather, etc., and the wailing and gnashing of teeth will show up.  On paper, on PAPER, we are loaded. The schedule is Murderer's Row.  Should be a very fun season no matter what happens.  Many of these guys will populate the MLB in the not too distant future.