Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Baseball Preseason  (Read 14157 times)

Online Rocket_City_Hawg

• Tush Hog
  • Javelin. When you need to kill something
Re: Baseball Preseason
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »
Go Panthers

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:17 AM »

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2017, 08:23:44 AM »
Here is my report from game 3

I was able to watch today. Beautiful weather and probably around 400-500 fans in attendance. Our depth in the field is the best I have seen at Arkansas. There are going to be some tough decision on playing time and I think some young guys are going to take spots from some veterans. Heston Kjerstad was 5-5 with a HR, two doubles, two singles and a walk. His HR was a Spanberger level bomb. He hit every ball on the screws and I was told that some people think he is the best hitter on the team. Casey Martin hit a ball to dead center that was caught at the wall and he had a hard single. He stole 3rd and was so fast that he slid a foot or two past the base. He had the IQ and the athleticism to jump up and head straight home. It's something you would have had to see in person to appreciate the level of athleticism it took to pull that off. He ended up getting out, but the kid can fly. I expect him to be our starting 3B. Lee played 1B today and looked fine there. His bat plays and we have to find a spot for him somewhere. McFarland has put on 20 pounds of muscle and he hit some balls very hard today. In the outfield you have Bonfield, Cole, Fletcher, McFarland, Kjerstad, Lee, and Turney when he returns.

In the infield Kenley played SS today. I expect he will battle Martin at 3rd. Biggers hit a HR today and he is the SS. Shaddy is the 2B. First will be Lee, McFarland, or Gates and possibly Bonfield, with one of them maybe DH'ing. I could see Gates being left out to be honest. Plunkett looked really good at catcher. I thought he looked like he was ahead of Opitz. Koch played OF today so that is another bat that has to play somewhere. We are going to have some very good hitters on the bench.

Pitching is the only concern. Bonnin was roughed up today giving up 7 in 3 innings. Bolden pitched well for the other team, but I didn't see a lot of swing and miss stuff from him or any of the pitchers today. Vermillion got hit hard too. Kostyshock looked sharp in warmups and then got hit hard as well. I have heard Murphy will be the #3 this year. That will leave Lee, Cronin and Reindl as your top bullpen guys. After that we have a lot of unproven guys. We will need some of the Freshman like Bonin and Rutledge to help us this year. Rutledge is a monster. He looks like a TE or a Power Forward.
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
Here is my report from game 3

I was able to watch today. Beautiful weather and probably around 400-500 fans in attendance. Our depth in the field is the best I have seen at Arkansas. There are going to be some tough decision on playing time and I think some young guys are going to take spots from some veterans. Heston Kjerstad was 5-5 with a HR, two doubles, two singles and a walk. His HR was a Spanberger level bomb. He hit every ball on the screws and I was told that some people think he is the best hitter on the team. Casey Martin hit a ball to dead center that was caught at the wall and he had a hard single. He stole 3rd and was so fast that he slid a foot or two past the base. He had the IQ and the athleticism to jump up and head straight home. It's something you would have had to see in person to appreciate the level of athleticism it took to pull that off. He ended up getting out, but the kid can fly. I expect him to be our starting 3B. Lee played 1B today and looked fine there. His bat plays and we have to find a spot for him somewhere. McFarland has put on 20 pounds of muscle and he hit some balls very hard today. In the outfield you have Bonfield, Cole, Fletcher, McFarland, Kjerstad, Lee, and Turney when he returns.

In the infield Kenley played SS today. I expect he will battle Martin at 3rd. Biggers hit a HR today and he is the SS. Shaddy is the 2B. First will be Lee, McFarland, or Gates and possibly Bonfield, with one of them maybe DH'ing. I could see Gates being left out to be honest. Plunkett looked really good at catcher. I thought he looked like he was ahead of Opitz. Koch played OF today so that is another bat that has to play somewhere. We are going to have some very good hitters on the bench.

Pitching is the only concern. Bonnin was roughed up today giving up 7 in 3 innings. Bolden pitched well for the other team, but I didn't see a lot of swing and miss stuff from him or any of the pitchers today. Vermillion got hit hard too. Kostyshock looked sharp in warmups and then got hit hard as well. I have heard Murphy will be the #3 this year. That will leave Lee, Cronin and Reindl as your top bullpen guys. After that we have a lot of unproven guys. We will need some of the Freshman like Bonin and Rutledge to help us this year. Rutledge is a monster. He looks like a TE or a Power Forward.

:thumbup:

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2017, 08:32:31 AM »
That should read that pitching depth is the main concern.  Top 6 guys should be fine, but we need to stay healthy. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2017, 10:02:26 AM »
If Plunkett’s bat matches his size, wow. Letting Koch play some outfield will hopefully keep his power into the postseason.

Fletcher looks like a body builder now. He had an awesome throw from CF to 3rfd to throw out the fast freshman whose name escapes me (he hit a HR to RCF).

Should be a very fun team to watch. That HR Kjerstad hit might have landed on the highway.

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2017, 10:22:36 AM »
If Plunkett’s bat matches his size, wow. Letting Koch play some outfield will hopefully keep his power into the postseason.

Fletcher looks like a body builder now. He had an awesome throw from CF to 3rfd to throw out the fast freshman whose name escapes me (he hit a HR to RCF).

Should be a very fun team to watch. That HR Kjerstad hit might have landed on the highway.

Ben McClain is probably the guy you are talking about that hit the HR. 

McFarland is another guy that has added a lot of muscle.  Maybe we need the baseball strength guy to take over football.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »
Game 4 is today at 1. 7 innings.

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »
Game 4 is today at 1. 7 innings.

Are you going?

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
Are you going?

Have a meeting at 1. Trying to decide if I should skip out after and head down. Sure is pretty out.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2017, 01:47:05 PM »
https://d1baseball.com/recruiting/2017-d1baseball-top-25-recruiting-classes/

1   Vanderbilt   11
2   Florida   5
3   Arkansas   16
4   Auburn   20
5   Florida State   7
6   Arizona State   9
7   South Carolina   10
8   Miami   15
9   LSU   4
10   Louisville   23

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
6 SEC teams in the top 9, 9 in the top 25. That's salty.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »
So who renewed early and is going to "swing for their seats" this weekend?

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2017, 08:40:02 AM »
So who renewed early and is going to "swing for their seats" this weekend?

If they'll let my son in law bat for me, I would love to get my tickets free for a home run.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
The Longwhorns on March 13 and 14 at Baum.  What is the regular season attendance record?

Exactly what I was thinking. If the weather is decent we could break a record. Unfortunately in early March it will probably be too cold for most fans.

Regular season (Tickets sold)
12,589 vs. Mississippi State - 4/25/15

Regular season (Actual)
11,103 vs. LSU - 4/9/11

Offline BrandonN004

• A Shoat
  • Billy Mays For President?
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
Probably the best team we've had in a decade and easily the best home schedule I can remember. How much are season tickets?

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2017, 03:23:34 PM »
Public Reserved Season Ticket   $225

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/tickets/

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »
Just noticed March 27 at Autozone Park against Memphis.  Nice.
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2017, 12:05:16 PM »
If they'll let my son in law bat for me, I would love to get my tickets free for a home run.

It does say in the rules that you can use a pinch hitter.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2017, 12:08:32 PM »
But no former minor leaguers.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 34 queries.