Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Next!  (Read 922 times)

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
Next!
« on: October 08, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
Is there an easy way for the woopussy to add <prev and next> buttons to the pages count at the top & bottom of threads?

I typically read from a tablet, and my fingers are so thick it's often a PITA to try to catch up on a thread with half-a-dozen unread pages because I rarely can hit the next page button without several attempts, even with the screen enlarged.

I'm 5'11" and 170lbs so those looking for fat jokes are out of luck here.
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
Re: Next!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:11:22 PM »
Seconded.
A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
We used to have it.  I’ll look into getting it back.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:12:41 PM »
OQ, another question. When someone posts a URL that’s really long it screws up entire pages with very small fonts. Is there a setting or easy fix for this? I know some board software will auto-shorten the URL so this doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t happen if people used the url tag but probably 5 people do that. I can post a screenshot if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Not a huge deal but it’s annoying, especially on an iPad, which is the vast majority of my reading on here.
---------------

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »
OQ, another question. When someone posts a URL that’s really long it screws up entire pages with very small fonts. Is there a setting or easy fix for this? I know some board software will auto-shorten the URL so this doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t happen if people used the url tag but probably 5 people do that. I can post a screenshot if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Not a huge deal but it’s annoying, especially on an iPad, which is the vast majority of my reading on here.

This has been a known problem for years (here's a post on it from 5 years ago).  The problem is part of the core SMF code, which is open-source and free and therefore tons of little problems never get addressed.  I wouldn't even know where to begin to try to fix it.  Looking back into it, it appears there is a CSS workaround, which I'll take a look at.

Probably about half of the edits I make are to URL-tag peoples' long-ass URLs.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:56:03 PM »
Update: the CSS solution didn't work.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:28:43 PM »
Update: the CSS solution didn't work.

Thanks for trying. Much appreciated.
---------------

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 09:19:22 AM »
How about a button to turn off notifications on a thread you replied to?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »
How about a button to turn off notifications on a thread you replied to?

Do you see an “unnotify” button on the lower right part of the screen? There should be one where you can turn off notifications for a thread.

To stop it entirely, click Profile at the top of the screen, then Modify Profile and then Notifications to change the default setting.
---------------

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »
Do you see an “unnotify” button on the lower right part of the screen? There should be one where you can turn off notifications for a thread.

To stop it entirely, click Profile at the top of the screen, then Modify Profile and then Notifications to change the default setting.
No  unnotify button on my screen. I guess I'm not following you on how to change it. I go to Notifications it says "You are not currently receiving any notifications from topics."

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
Thanks for trying. Much appreciated.

Holy shit, maybe it did work?

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 10:30:18 AM »
No  unnotify button on my screen. I guess I'm not following you on how to change it. I go to Notifications it says "You are not currently receiving any notifications from topics."

I've never gotten a notification of any sort for any thread, except back when BB used to report every third post to the moderators.  Here's what HRC was talking about:

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »

I've never gotten a notification of any sort for any thread, except back when BB used to report every third post to the moderators.  Here's what HRC was talking about:

OK I clicked the box. Hopefully it'll work.

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 01:31:39 PM »
Yeah that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. I didn't know clicking that box would send me umphteen email notifications. Guess I didn't explain myself correctly. I'm looking to take a topic out when I click All Unread Replies at the top of the page.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 02:04:21 PM »
Yeah that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. I didn't know clicking that box would send me umphteen email notifications. Guess I didn't explain myself correctly. I'm looking to take a topic out when I click All Unread Replies at the top of the page.

Ooohhhh.  Yeah, that's not possible, and it's a weird request.  You want a page formatted specifically for you to view threads you've posted in, but you want to de-select certain threads to be ignored?  Just read the damn thread at that point, or ignore it manually.  ;D

I'm laughing at your email flood, though.

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »
Ooohhhh.  Yeah, that's not possible, and it's a weird request.  You want a page formatted specifically for you to view threads you've posted in, but you want to de-select certain threads to be ignored?  Just read the damn thread at that point, or ignore it manually.  ;D

I'm laughing at your email flood, though.
Doesn't hurt to ask. The 1st thing I click on Woopig is Unread Replies. Sucks to see a thread I'm not interested in anymore and/or posted in once a year ago keep popping up in Unread Replies.

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »
Doesn't hurt to ask. The 1st thing I click on Woopig is Unread Replies. Sucks to see a thread I'm not interested in anymore and/or posted in once a year ago keep popping up in Unread Replies.

Me too.  I use that exclusively.  And when I respond to something, I'm like shit...do I WANT this to show up in my UNREAD REPLIES list for the rest of my woopig life??  I actually had OQ delete one of my posts in the WCDC thread because I hated seeing that damn thing in my UR list.  Now, I'm regretting posting in Black Lives Matter.

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 11:08:07 AM »
Now, I'm regretting posting in Black Lives Matter P&R.
:hollah:

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »

Online Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »

the only place the notify admin button still exists is in complete crapola. Since muzzy banned me there I figured he was getting them all and I was strictly doing it to piss him off. I do not understand why it’s onlyin there thoufh
Muzzy can eat a bag of dicks

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 11:26:42 AM »
the only place the notify admin button still exists is in complete crapola. Since muzzy banned me there I figured he was getting them all and I was strictly doing it to piss him off. I do not understand why it’s onlyin there thoufh
I've been on here a dozen years and don't recall ever clicking the notify admin button.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 12:35:57 PM »

There is now an Ignore Boards option now under Profile settings. This will cause entire boards to NOT show up when using ALL UNREAD TOPICS. Note that it disables the red WP that signifies new unread posts within the board. So, for example, I have the politics board on Ignore, so I don’t see any posts at all within that board when using ALL UNREAD TOPICS. Additionally, if I’m just browsing the main board list the WP will always show as “no new posts” even if there are new posts in there. It’s just a quirk of this Ignore Boards option.

The option to ignore threads is flaky and causes other problems so it’s not enabled.
---------------

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
Me too.  I use that exclusively.  And when I respond to something, I'm like shit...do I WANT this to show up in my UNREAD REPLIES list for the rest of my woopig life??  I actually had OQ delete one of my posts in the WCDC thread because I hated seeing that damn thing in my UR list.  Now, I'm regretting posting in Black Lives Matter.

How do you ever have that dilemma if you exclusively read threads in your unread replies list?

Online Boar Bidet

• Swahili Steve
  • King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »

How do you ever have that dilemma if you exclusively read threads in your unread replies list?
exactly. Maybe we should just throw woopig into the same layout as RHF?
Muzzy can eat a bag of dicks

Offline Rick B.

• Boar
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »

WHAT?

ALL UNREAD REPLIES....I post in "Black Lives Matter" back on day one.  EVERY single time someone posts AFTER that, that thread shows up in my ALL UNREAD REPLIES list. 

So, if I post in the TPIWLTFT thread, I want to see what's posted in that thread AFTER I've posted.  And if no one has posted in there after I post, then I won't get that thread in the ALL UNREAD REPLIES list.  If someone does, I do. 

That means, I'm mostly ONLY interested in reading threads that I've replied to.   I don't EXCLUSIVELY use the UNREAD REPLIES link but I use it very often.  I'll use the UNREAD TOPICS link on occasion but not often because most of the threads that show up there are from the non-Razorback Discussion boards like P&R and Crapola and I don't care about that.

Also, I post and read about 95% of the time from my desktop computer at work.  After hours and weekends, I typically would mostly just read threads I participated in via Tapatalk.  The mobile version of the board actually works well on my phone.  No moving the screen all around to read a post and no having to put it in landscape form. 

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 35 queries.