Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Next!  (Read 292 times)

Online OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
Next!
« on: October 08, 2017, 03:12:05 PM »
Is there an easy way for the woopussy to add <prev and next> buttons to the pages count at the top & bottom of threads?

I typically read from a tablet, and my fingers are so thick it's often a PITA to try to catch up on a thread with half-a-dozen unread pages because I rarely can hit the next page button without several attempts, even with the screen enlarged.

I'm 5'11" and 170lbs so those looking for fat jokes are out of luck here.
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
Re: Next!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:11:22 PM »
Seconded.
A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • Boar
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
We used to have it.  I’ll look into getting it back.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 09:12:41 PM »
OQ, another question. When someone posts a URL that’s really long it screws up entire pages with very small fonts. Is there a setting or easy fix for this? I know some board software will auto-shorten the URL so this doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t happen if people used the url tag but probably 5 people do that. I can post a screenshot if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Not a huge deal but it’s annoying, especially on an iPad, which is the vast majority of my reading on here.
---------------

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • Boar
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:50:46 PM »
OQ, another question. When someone posts a URL that’s really long it screws up entire pages with very small fonts. Is there a setting or easy fix for this? I know some board software will auto-shorten the URL so this doesn’t happen. It wouldn’t happen if people used the url tag but probably 5 people do that. I can post a screenshot if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Not a huge deal but it’s annoying, especially on an iPad, which is the vast majority of my reading on here.

This has been a known problem for years (here's a post on it from 5 years ago).  The problem is part of the core SMF code, which is open-source and free and therefore tons of little problems never get addressed.  I wouldn't even know where to begin to try to fix it.  Looking back into it, it appears there is a CSS workaround, which I'll take a look at.

Probably about half of the edits I make are to URL-tag peoples' long-ass URLs.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • Boar
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:56:03 PM »
Update: the CSS solution didn't work.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:28:43 PM »
Update: the CSS solution didn't work.

Thanks for trying. Much appreciated.
---------------

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 09:19:22 AM »
How about a button to turn off notifications on a thread you replied to?
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 09:37:15 AM »
How about a button to turn off notifications on a thread you replied to?

Do you see an “unnotify” button on the lower right part of the screen? There should be one where you can turn off notifications for a thread.

To stop it entirely, click Profile at the top of the screen, then Modify Profile and then Notifications to change the default setting.
---------------

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »
Do you see an “unnotify” button on the lower right part of the screen? There should be one where you can turn off notifications for a thread.

To stop it entirely, click Profile at the top of the screen, then Modify Profile and then Notifications to change the default setting.
No  unnotify button on my screen. I guess I'm not following you on how to change it. I go to Notifications it says "You are not currently receiving any notifications from topics."

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • Boar
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
Thanks for trying. Much appreciated.

Holy shit, maybe it did work?

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • Boar
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 10:30:18 AM »
No  unnotify button on my screen. I guess I'm not following you on how to change it. I go to Notifications it says "You are not currently receiving any notifications from topics."

I've never gotten a notification of any sort for any thread, except back when BB used to report every third post to the moderators.  Here's what HRC was talking about:

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 10:56:54 AM »

I've never gotten a notification of any sort for any thread, except back when BB used to report every third post to the moderators.  Here's what HRC was talking about:

OK I clicked the box. Hopefully it'll work.

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 01:31:39 PM »
Yeah that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. I didn't know clicking that box would send me umphteen email notifications. Guess I didn't explain myself correctly. I'm looking to take a topic out when I click All Unread Replies at the top of the page.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • Boar
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 02:04:21 PM »
Yeah that went over like a turd in a punch bowl. I didn't know clicking that box would send me umphteen email notifications. Guess I didn't explain myself correctly. I'm looking to take a topic out when I click All Unread Replies at the top of the page.

Ooohhhh.  Yeah, that's not possible, and it's a weird request.  You want a page formatted specifically for you to view threads you've posted in, but you want to de-select certain threads to be ignored?  Just read the damn thread at that point, or ignore it manually.  ;D

I'm laughing at your email flood, though.

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 02:47:44 PM »
Ooohhhh.  Yeah, that's not possible, and it's a weird request.  You want a page formatted specifically for you to view threads you've posted in, but you want to de-select certain threads to be ignored?  Just read the damn thread at that point, or ignore it manually.  ;D

I'm laughing at your email flood, though.
Doesn't hurt to ask. The 1st thing I click on Woopig is Unread Replies. Sucks to see a thread I'm not interested in anymore and/or posted in once a year ago keep popping up in Unread Replies.

Page created in 0.493 seconds with 33 queries.