Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Well, Bye: Long Gone  (Read 41278 times)

Offline Aaron

• Definitely Not an Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
Re: Jeff Long Buyout is $4 Million+
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2017, 10:04:18 AM »
To tweak that theory a bit, it's possible the BOT wanted him to fire Bret and they also told him who to hire and to THAT he said no.

True. Jesus, the BOT picking a coach scares the hell out of me.

at this point I'd put money on Gus being the next head coach. I think someone with power to make changes is just entirely smitten with him and we made him an under the table offer he couldn't pass up.

To me, all this points directly to GUS.  You guys may be right.

I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »
sadly if GUS is coach I'm done with arkansas football

Offline Aaron

• Boar
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:07 AM »
Mr Integrity? Unpossible!

I hope the BOT is so pissed off at long, they bring Bobby back just to spite him. 

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »
Supposedly he really massaged the numbers on the bond issue. That’ll get you fired for cause in a heartbeat

Nothing like mortgaging the future of the athletic department on shady numbers then sticking to your guns on a coach who will drawing crowds next year that wouldn’t fill up a medium sized Texas High School stadium.

Offline bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »

That makes 2 of us

Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Offline JDHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2017, 10:06:48 AM »

No you're not.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »
True. Jesus, the BOT picking a coach scares the hell out of me.

The names I've heard coming from them, with the exception of the guy from Howlin N' Shit who is supposedly out now, are all quality candidates.  None of those names include Gus.

First it was Norvell and Howlin' N' Shit.  Next it was Norvell and Matt Campbell.  I think it's easy to see the constant here. 

Even if the BOT is making this hire, they need to get an AD in place ASAP.  We made the mistake in basketball of trying to hire a coach when we didn't have an AD in place.  When our "sure thing" Billy Clyde fucked us and went to Kentucky, no one worth a shit would consider us because they didn't know who their boss would be.  I don't want to end up with the football equivalent of Pelphrey.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:09:39 AM by DirkPiggler »

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
One down, one to go...

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Aaron

• Boar
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
I was a big Gus fan early on.  I still think he's a fantastic coach.  Seems like a lot of eyebrows were raised over the years about his integrity.  Handling of players.  Lies.  His wife.  I remember the fake injury bullshit.  Something seems to be up with Lashlee leaving.  I hate to do Auburn any favors by taking a coach they dont' want.  Anyone want to outline the Mal-a-zahn issues at Auburn for us?

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2017, 10:11:34 AM »
I was a big Gus fan early on.  I still think he's a fantastic coach.  Seems like a lot of eyebrows were raised over the years about his integrity.  Handling of players.  Lies.  His wife.  I remember the fake injury bullshit.  Something seems to be up with Lashlee leaving.  I hate to do Auburn any favors by taking a coach they dont' want.  Anyone want to outline the Mal-a-zahn issues at Auburn for us?

quarterback development.  downfield passing game.  sideways offense gets bottled up by good defenses.  can't get a first down once behind the chains.

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2017, 10:11:52 AM »
No you're not.

I won’t be done with the program, but I won’t much give a shit anymore until he’s gone.

I wanted Gus after Nutt, and would have been happy with him after Petrino/Smile.  That wound has widened and festered for too long, now, and with the types of people who are gung-ho on Gus, the program would become more radioactive than when Nutt was there.

Gus has been mediocre at best at a school with more resources and better recruiting grounds.  He’ll be mediocre or less here, and 5 years from now, the whole program and state will be aflame in civil war.  Again.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »

My only opposition to Gus is that we shouldn't hire someone that we can't fire without alienating major boosters.  If he replicates Burt's record here, a distinct possibility (excluding years 1 and 5), we'd have 2005-2007 all over again. 

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2017, 10:13:29 AM »

One reason Lashlee left is because he wanted to go more than 2 reads with his QB and develop them. Gus wants to keep it at a 2 read maximum and recruit athletic freaks for the most part at QB. Gus has put himself  in a box and his Auburn history proves it. Cam spoiled him and he hasn’t developed a QB since or really ever.  Lashlee wanted more than that.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2017, 10:13:34 AM »
I won’t be done with the program, but I won’t much give a shit anymore until he’s gone.

I wanted Gus after Nutt, and would have been happy with him after Petrino/Smile.  That wound has widened and festered for too long, now, and with the types of people who are gung-ho on Gus, the program would become more radioactive than when Nutt was there.

Gus has been mediocre at best at a school with more resources and better recruiting grounds.  He’ll be mediocre or less here, and 5 years from now, the whole program and state will be aflame in civil war.  Again.

Totally agree with all of that.

Plus, we dont just need another SEC retread. Let's go get a young guy with shit to prove and let him do this.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline JDHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2017, 10:14:53 AM »

Plus, we dont just need another SEC retread. Let's go get a young guy with shit to prove and let him do this.

Money

Offline asshat

• not just any asshat
  • Boar
  • Hates all things Auburn
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »
with the types of people who are gung-ho on Gus, the program would become more radioactive than when Nutt was there.

The above is my biggest issue, he and his cabal are not looking out for the best interests of the Razorbacks, and never have.
It's always been about Gus

A fucking for the AGES. Gutless motherfuckers every one of them, from the replay man to the entire officials crew.  May the faggot, cowardly bastards rot in hell.  Gutless fucking pussies.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2017, 10:15:57 AM »
No you're not.

Alright maybe not but I'll be pissed.

Offline Aaron

• Boar
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2017, 10:16:16 AM »
If long is gone, and he goes to twitter to tweet any sort of exit statement, you twitter guys all have to reply "Got it".

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »

never go full retread.

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2017, 10:17:58 AM »
One reason Lashlee left is because he wanted to go more than 2 reads with his QB and develop them. Gus wants to keep it at a 2 read maximum and recruit athletic freaks for the most part at QB. Gus has put himself  in a box and his Auburn history proves it. Cam spoiled him and he hasn’t developed a QB since or really ever.  Lashlee wanted more than that.

He took a 50% pay cut to go to UConn, with the squad Auburn had coming back, because of disagreement on QB development?   ???

Offline bogeyfree

• Wild Hog
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2017, 10:18:35 AM »
One thing I do know is that they will make Gus tell them no.  He may very well do just that but they will make him say it

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »
He took a 50% pay cut to go to UConn, with the squad Auburn had coming back, because of disagreement on QB development?   ???

He took the blame and was the escape goat for Gus when Lashlee wanted to do more with the QB/offense and Gus wanted to keep it at 2 read max. Head coach wins that discussion every time.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »
If we hire Gus, I'll be disappointed. I'll give him a shot, like I do every coach, but don't like him. Time to start anew.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline hogsfan4life

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
I'd prefer to not have a cuck as our coach. Not to mention his wife is stage 5 clinger crazy.

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »
If a committee picks our next coach, I’ll give Butch Davis 4-5 years to get it fixed, just like I would have any other coach.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.