Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Well, Bye: Long Gone  (Read 52369 times)

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Guardedly Optimistic
Re: Jeff Long Buyout is $4 Million+
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
Seriously.  Shut the fuck up.  Go cheer for goddamn Oklahoma.

Go fuck yourself again...but not before you send your check to the Razorback Foundation.

And how much money have you spent on this championship season?

Torches and pitchforks at the ready.

Offline IH8LSU

• King of the Hogs
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 10:39:12 PM »
Maybe we should stop going to games and let them both stay until their buyouts completely expire. By then there will be like threve fans in attendance per game. I was going to buy season tickets next year since my son will be a freshman in the band, but maybe I can talk my wife into just buying others' tickets each game so I don't have to support those fucktards. Has any athletic director in history had a $4 mil buyout?

Edit: Looks like the contract is for $1 mil/yr through 2022, not a buyout.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:48:25 PM by IH8LSU »
This is going to be a great 4 years and possibly 8.  The amount of butthurt from the left is already at glorious levels.

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Guardedly Optimistic
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 10:42:04 PM »
I'd keep Burt for another year and make Long AD for life if it would rid us of that stupid ass.

Fine. There's a pretty good chance of Bert and Long being back next year. That level of arrogance and stupidity from the powers that be in Fayetteville would not surprise me in the least. They've never had anything to fear from the fanbase before, so as long as the coffers stay full, why not continue into the weeds?

Let the farce continue. It's all entertainment.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:48:56 PM by Boondoggle »

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 10:48:01 PM »
year since my son will be a freshman in the band,

:borat:

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ride or die...for now.
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 11:40:38 PM »
We apologize again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

Seriously, they should dig up Gearhart's bones, burn them, then throw them in the river.

An Iowa Møøse bit my football program.

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 05:16:16 AM »
maybe I can talk my wife into just buying others' tickets each game so I don't have to support those fucktards.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:18:18 AM by Thin Red Swine »

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
If neither is fired by season end...does this mean we will gohouston mutt on them with banners and start FOI’ing their shit?

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »
If neither is fired by season end...does this mean we will gohouston mutt on them with banners and start FOI’ing their shit?

It won't come to that.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 09:25:57 AM »

This is a different situation than when Nutt was killing the program.  Coach B is a super nice guy, who genuinely cares about his players.  He is just in over his head.  My bet is a deal has already been struck, and when the target the U of A is available, or his season ends, Coach B will resign.

Nutt was not a very nice guy, unless he could use you.  He cared only about the players who he could get something from.  He may be the most selfish coach I've ever seen.  He would have been just fine if he'd stuck to only the rah-rah part he was good at, but no, he had to call them plays, Chuck.  I'll bet when Ole Miss called, he told whoever was on the other line, "This better not be Mitch Mustain yanking my chain . . ."

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »
and when the target the U of A is available,

What does this mean?

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 09:35:06 AM »

What does this mean?

After the AAC Championship game.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 10:04:19 AM »

What does this mean?

I left out a word or 2.

. . .when the U of A's target for hiring is available . . .

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 10:12:43 AM »
I left out a word or 2.

. . .when the U of A's target for hiring is available . . .

Thanks.

I thought the gist of your post was finding a landing spot for Bielema, so I thought THAT was the target. I got it backwards.

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Guardedly Optimistic
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
This is a different situation than when Nutt was killing the program.  Coach B is a super nice guy, who genuinely cares about his players.  He is just in over his head.  My bet is a deal has already been struck, and when the target the U of A is available, or his season ends, Coach B will resign.

Nutt was not a very nice guy, unless he could use you.  He cared only about the players who he could get something from.  He may be the most selfish coach I've ever seen.  He would have been just fine if he'd stuck to only the rah-rah part he was good at, but no, he had to call them plays, Chuck.  I'll bet when Ole Miss called, he told whoever was on the other line, "This better not be Mitch Mustain yanking my chain . . ."

You know what they say about "nice guys."

Here we have Bert, who makes a slime bag like Nutt with a .500 or less record look like a good coach by comparison.

I can't recall seeing the razorback football program in worse shape than it is today.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 04:32:08 PM »

You know what they say about "nice guys."

Here we have Bert, who makes a slime bag like Nutt with a .500 or less record look like a good coach by comparison.

I can't recall seeing the razorback football program in worse shape than it is today.
It was in worse shape after firing Crowe 1 game into the season.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 04:41:39 PM »

We've been in worse shape many times.  We were in worse shape at this point last year, because the collapse was not yet discerned, and this experiment not yet forfeit.

Make a good hire, and we're in pretty good shape.  There isn't a thug culture or a lack of talent from the mean around here.  Just a regime whose efforts have come completely unglued.  That's a highly solvable problem to have.

I know that sounds like sunshine, but I'm just praying to God we get Norvell, or we might be in for more of the same shit.  I have very little faith in this coaching search, regardless of who runs it.  Holding hope on one guy at this point, and after that, it feels like a TOTAL crapshoot.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »
We've been in worse shape many times.  We were in worse shape at this point last year, because the collapse was not yet discerned, and this experiment not yet forfeit.

Make a good hire, and we're in pretty good shape.  There isn't a thug culture or a lack of talent from the mean around here.  Just a regime whose efforts have come completely unglued.  That's a highly solvable problem to have.

I know that sounds like sunshine, but I'm just praying to God we get Norvell, or we might be in for more of the same shit.  I have very little faith in this coaching search, regardless of who runs it.  Holding hope on one guy at this point, and after that, it feels like a TOTAL crapshoot.

I mean even Norvell is a bit of a gamble. He's riding on Fuente's success right now. He's doing it really well, of course, and therein lies the excitement, but let's not pretend hiring Norvell is like Florida hiring Chip Kelly.

I think he can be a fantastic hire and even a "lifer" here the way Holtz should have been, or even Jimmy Johnson should have been. But he's still a mid-major coach and those are always gambles. For every coach like Urban Meyer from Utah there are three coaches like Butch Jones from Cincinnati.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 05:07:39 PM »

I keep thinking back to the Marius Johnson starting at RB years and realize it could be worse.

Norvell is obviously an offensive genius. Therefore the odds of us getting him as our coach are nil. Bert is here until his buyout goes down.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline Aaron

• Definitely Not an Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »
I’d take a chance on norvell. However, I️ still say hiring any coach is a craps shoot. Norvell is no better than butch jones when TN hired him away from the big east.

I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
I mean, yeah, ultimately, it's all a crapshoot. 

I'm just saying, my line of what is available that I would actually be optimistic about ain't got many options on the north side.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Aaron

• Definitely Not an Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lacy and Jenna Coburn's Daddy
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 05:31:43 PM »
I️ keep seeing where grant hall says they are both gonna be fired. How does he know?  I️ don’t believe any of it until it happens. The biggest knock on long was on the enormous buyout for Bert. That has been debunked, but we sure had no clue until the papers let it out. Now, everyone is saying he mishandled a players insurance or some shit. We don’t know the details of that either. I️ don’t doubt that possibly some BOT members don’t like him and want him gone, but there has to be something we don’t know or it’s just bullshit. I️ don’t like him, but I️m not sure what he’s done to deserve being fired. We will get crucified by the national media if we fire him.  The only thing I️ can think of is he is refusing to fire his pen pal, so they are canning them both.

I discovered Leo Propst.  � on: November 17, 2007, 10:20:38 PM �

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2017, 05:44:56 PM »

I remember back in that era we used to jump up once a year or so and beat somebody way above our heads. Tennessee. Alabama. Then I realized Bielema did that this year. Ole Miss.

I mean even Norvell is a bit of a gamble. He's riding on Fuente's success right now. He's doing it really well, of course, and therein lies the excitement, but let's not pretend hiring Norvell is like Florida hiring Chip Kelly.

I think he can be a fantastic hire and even a "lifer" here the way Holtz should have been, or even Jimmy Johnson should have been. But he's still a mid-major coach and those are always gambles. For every coach like Urban Meyer from Utah there are three coaches like Butch Jones from Cincinnati.

Lou Holtz a possible lifer? WTF? Lou Holtz is football's Larry Brown.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »
Lou Holtz a possible lifer? WTF? Lou Holtz is football's Larry Brown.

Yeah that was probably a stretch. I just meant he can be a guy who can be here for a decade or more. Not a true "coach here till retirement" since that almost never happens.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• I AM THE FIRE
  • King of the Hogs
  • BURN IT DOWN
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 05:54:40 PM »
I️ keep seeing where grant hall says they are both gonna be fired. How does he know?  I️ don’t believe any of it until it happens. The biggest knock on long was on the enormous buyout for Bert. That has been debunked, but we sure had no clue until the papers let it out. Now, everyone is saying he mishandled a players insurance or some shit. We don’t know the details of that either. I️ don’t doubt that possibly some BOT members don’t like him and want him gone, but there has to be something we don’t know or it’s just bullshit. I️ don’t like him, but I️m not sure what he’s done to deserve being fired. We will get crucified by the national media if we fire him.  The only thing I️ can think of is he is refusing to fire his pen pal, so they are canning them both.

Who knows why Grant Hall believes or thinks that?  Why would he say that?

You can cite all of the athletic programs you want in favor of Jeff about all of the great things he's done for "sports" that nobody cares about and lose money constantly, but that man fucked up the only program that actually matters.  Hog fans with goatees thump their chests about how bball and baseball don't lose money, but football pays for everything.   And even if Anderson and the baseball coach do good jobs, they know that they're not in it to make everyone else money.

Football makes money.  Arkansas football makes money b/c it's in the SEC, but that doesn't pay for everything.

Long fucked that up so goddamm bad you can't even believe it.  None of you have ever fucked up something so bad as Long has with the football program.  It would be impossible to fuck up something worse than he has.

This whole show is such a mess you can't even believe it.  He put the hogs on hock to bankers for the promise that BP would continue to fill the stadium.  In the mean time, he fired BP and started paying a man more to do a worse job and put fewer asses in the seats.  Meanwhile, the building goes on and we are worse every second.

Long has has done a horrible job.  Believe it.  He deserves to be fired.

I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.