Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Well, Bye: Long Gone  (Read 52406 times)

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Re: Well, Bye: Long Gone
« Reply #925 on: July 20, 2018, 07:09:56 PM »
A distinguishing feature about many Arkansans:

Local boy (Clinton) does well, fuck him. 

Yankee does well (Long), fuck him.

It doesn't matter if an ethically challenged PWT Arky kid occupies the Oval Office, or if the Yankee is credited nationally for hiring and firing an ethically challenged high achiever from Idaho, many Arkansas folks just don't want to be reminded of how average they are.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #926 on: July 20, 2018, 07:36:45 PM »
Who the hell makes TAB? I didn’t even think they still made it but my dad is still drinking them.

My mother drank TaB when it was introduced in the early '60s.  As I recall it tasted better than diets do now because the sweetener was saccarhin and cyclamates.  Coke dropped the cyclamates but kept the saccarhin with a big warning label on it for years.  It has a cult following, like Fresca.  Your old man is part of the TaB cult.

The worst diet product of the 60s was a diet drink supplement called MetriCal.  It was very popular for women to drink instead of the "diet plate" in a restaurant, which consisted of a burnt hamburger patty, cottage cheese, and a canned peach half plopped on top.  I had an aunt that drank it and it tasted like fish guts.  A prototype for Ensure.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #927 on: July 26, 2018, 01:38:34 PM »

It doesn't matter if an ethically challenged PWT Arky kid occupies the Oval Office, or if the Yankee is credited nationally for hiring and firing an ethically challenged high achiever from Idaho, many Arkansas folks just don't want to be reminded of how average they are.

This is a very strange, but not true, statement. 

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #928 on: July 27, 2018, 07:24:58 PM »

It doesn't matter if an ethically challenged PWT Arky kid occupies the Oval Office, or if the Yankee is credited nationally for hiring and firing an ethically challenged high achiever from Idaho, many Arkansas folks just don't nobody wants to be reminded of how average they are.
FIFY

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.