Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Feel The Rhythm: LSU ‘17  (Read 8399 times)

Online Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
Re: Feel The Rhythm: LSU ‘17
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »
On defense, it IS a talent issue.

And the talent we're lacking is speed.  We have a little bit of speed on offense at the skill positions and that's it.

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2017, 08:37:42 PM »
And the talent we're lacking is speed.  We have a little bit of speed on offense at the skill positions and that's it.
Agree.  Speed and general toughness. 

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2017, 08:47:09 PM »
I think we have a lot of speed on offense, it's just either being mis-used or on the bench. Nance, Martin, Jones, Warren, Hammonds, Hayden, etc....

Not counting that stock of tight ends with Patton, Gragg, O'grady, and the right coach will be average 35 ppg next year.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2017, 08:52:07 PM »

I don't get the complaint RE: lack of speed on defense. 

Curl and Tolliver are plenty fast to play CB.  Harris, Greenlaw, and Ramsey are fast enough for their positions.  Agim is fast for a DL.  I'll grant you that our safeties aren't fast, but that's about it. 

Speed isn't the problem.  Inability to play football is the problem.  That's the coaches' job to figure out how to fix.  When you're consistently out of position or being asked to cover multiple receivers at once, you're going to naturally appear to be slow. 

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »
I don't get the complaint RE: lack of speed on defense. 

Curl and Tolliver are plenty fast to play CB.  Harris, Greenlaw, and Ramsey are fast enough for their positions.  Agim is fast for a DL.  I'll grant you that our safeties aren't fast, but that's about it. 

Speed isn't the problem.  Inability to play football is the problem.  That's the coaches' job to figure out how to fix.  When you're consistently out of position or being asked to cover multiple receivers at once, you're going to naturally appear to be slow.

Just think how faster they would be if conditioned to max that speed.

Haters gonna hate

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2017, 09:46:28 PM »
I truly believe we have enough talent on hand to win ten games.

Give us a coach with half an inkling for how to scheme and use talent and we could be right back to where Bobby left off.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:30 PM »

Give us a coach with half an inkling for how to scheme and use talent and we could be right back to where Bobby left off.
I don’t.  Talent level is bad on this team.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline mde114

• Boar
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2017, 10:36:06 PM »
I don’t.  Talent level is bad on this team.

Seriously, how can anyone know if we have good players or not? Bert can’t even tell who the best kicker is on this team. How the hell can a coach watch Limpert and Hedlund kick and not tell who should start? It ain’t that hard.

Offline bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:48 PM »
Seriously, how can anyone know if we have good players or not? Bert can’t even tell who the best kicker is on this team. How the hell can a coach watch Limpert and Hedlund kick and not tell who should start? It ain’t that hard.

And the piss is ice cold

Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03:14 AM »
I think the defensw haa talent, but they don't play well together at all. One or more guys always half asses it on any given play.

That's coaching.

Also, Greenlaw and others may have regressed because they've been herberted. When you got to depend on Bert and Herb for player development.

Offline CoonrodTodd

• A Shoat
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2017, 05:55:01 AM »
I think the defensw haa talent, but they don't play well together at all. One or more guys always half asses it on any given play.

That's coaching.

Also, Greenlaw and others may have regressed because they've been herberted. When you got to depend on Bert and Herb for player development.

:maundoed:

Offline hogfan58

• Nothing that's out there that's not correctable - Bert
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2017, 06:33:45 AM »

It's difficult for me to tell if we have talent or not when I see CC OL just push the shit out of our DL; when I see Bama RB's that are 230 lb's out run our DB's (is that because they are faster or because our DBs just gave up?); when I see any and all DL just abuse our OL (is that coaching or is that just lack of talent?); when I see our D's never within 10 yds of a WR (is that coaching or is it that they just can't cover anybody?)

I think it's a combination of talent AND coaching....we just don't have enough of either.

"Florida is kind of the new Ole Miss. They're doing some things in recruiting that kind of shock you a little bit" ~~ Bret Bielema, NSD 2016

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:26 AM »
Strictly basing this of recruitment rankings, the Hogs have the talent to win 7+games year over year. The inability to hire coaches to improve said talent is hurting. Also, Donuts lack of flexibility kills this team.

AYFSM?

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »
Strictly basing this of recruitment rankings, the Hogs have the talent to win 7+games year over year. The inability to hire coaches to improve said talent is hurting. Also, Donuts lack of flexibility kills this team.

Not at you but for everyone.

Basing a W/L projection on recruiting rankings is about the dumbest thing the average person does in college football.

Mack Brown was never a terrible coach.
Pete Carroll didn't "lose his shine".
Les Miles does not suck.
Mark Richt was never a bad or even average coach.
Gus doesn't suck bc his teams win 8-9 a year.

People who do this are ignorant.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Online Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2017, 08:23:49 AM »

Basing a W/L projection on recruiting rankings is about the dumbest thing the average person does in college football.

Les Miles does not suck.

As of today Gus has exactly 1 season where he won more than 8 games.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2017, 08:43:34 AM »

You may be right but I just don’t see it. Coastal Carolina pushed us around. I don’t care how shitty your coaching is by sheer talent alone an SEC team should easily handle a team that was blown out by Arkansas St.

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #141 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:24 AM »
:maundoed:
Don’t go bringing facts into AP’s rant.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2017, 08:55:32 AM »

Les Miles does not suck.

Arguing in favor of Les Miles is the dumbest thing a below average person does in college football.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2017, 08:56:34 AM »

I gotcha.  And you probably just wanted to state that for everyone and don't care that Auburn is not only in the west, but also plays Georgia every year as it's cross-division rival, AND has played Clemson several times.

Look, I'm not defending Gus' record overall.  I really haven't delved into every game.  But it doesn't look that bad when you take those things into consideration, especially with them winning 9-10 games minimum this year.

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »
I gotcha.  And you probably just wanted to state that for everyone and don't care that Auburn is not only in the west, but also plays Georgia every year as it's cross-division rival, AND has played Clemson several times.

Look, I'm not defending Gus' record overall. 
No, you stated that Gus averages 8-9 wins a year.  Defending his record is exactly the point you are making to prove he is a good coach.  You’re not even trying to be coherent.

Offline hogwildinhouston

• Wild Hog
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2017, 09:27:54 AM »
No, you stated that Gus averages 8-9 wins a year.  Defending his record is exactly the point you are making to prove he is a good coach.  You’re not even trying to be coherent.

Gus has 2 seasons in his career where he won more than 8 games, and that will most likely become 3 this year.   He's won less than 8 games only once.

His average for both his career and at Auburn is exactly between 8 and 9 games.   The math isn't on your side in this one.

Not advocating for him, but the statement of 8-9 wins per year is exactly spot on.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »
Gus has 2 seasons in his career where he won more than 8 games, and that will most likely become 3 this year.   He's won less than 8 games only once.

His average for both his career and at Auburn is exactly between 8 and 9 games.   The math isn't on your side in this one.

Not advocating for him, but the statement of 8-9 wins per year is exactly spot on.

You don't have to advocate for me.  The numbers tell the truth.  So does the fact that if we hired him in 2013, we would not be where we are today.  He'Cs not the best coach in the nation we could hire, but neither was Nutt in '98 or JLS in 2012 or Bielema in 2013.  You could probably include Ford in '93 or Crowe in '90 as well.  So what are people wanting?

Online Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • King of the Hogs
  • Longtime Fan of Tom Rogic
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2017, 12:23:20 PM »
So what are people wanting?
Each fan base wants to win every game they should win, and then some that they shouldn't.  Someone is bound to be disappointed and that's why we are going through this coaching search thing once again.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2017, 12:40:28 PM »
Each fan base wants to win every game they should win, and then some that they shouldn't.  Someone is bound to be disappointed and that's why we are going through this coaching search thing once again.

We're going through this coaching search thing again is because they weren't even winning the games they should.  If Bielema was winning the 6 or 7 games a year he is expected to win he would still have a job next year.

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »
We're going through this coaching search thing again is because they weren't even winning the games they should.  If Bielema was winning the 6 or 7 games a year he is expected to win he would still have a job next year.

Sadly this is right, which is what makes Malzahn the most "sure thing".