Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Feel The Rhythm: LSU ‘17  (Read 8986 times)

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Boar
Feel The Rhythm: LSU ‘17
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »
Here it is. Whatever.

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/11/12/16639780/feel-the-rhythm

Brought to you once again this week courtesy of Bob Marley, Tito's Vodka, and the unholy wickedness of a patiently blinking cursor. Equal parts siren song and battle cry, the cursor simultaneously calls for words and mocks their absence with metronomic consistency. It does not care how lost the team is. It does not care how lost the season is. It does not care how lost the program is. It does not care how much the writer simply does not care anymore. The blinking cursor calls for response. It calls for reaction. It calls for content.

I've got nothing.

My seven-year-old just climbed into my lap and read the first paragraph.

“That has nothing to do with sports. Why don't you write something about sports?”

I told him I'd love to, but I have no idea what to say that hasn't been said many times before.

He said “Why don't you write about my calculator watch?”

It doesn't take a calculator watch to determine that the Battle for the Boot was another catastrophic loss for the Arkansas Razorbacks. The numbers aren't large enough. TJ Hammonds, the best and most explosive player on the team, touched the football three times. The offense produced one solitary touchdown. The team lost its sixth game of the season, and its fifth by at least three touchdowns. Arkansas has played ten games this season, and has lost half of them by 21 points or more.

That is worse than 2013. Worse than 2012. Worse than 2008 or 2005 or 2004. This is maybe the worst Arkansas team of my lifetime. You don't need a calculator to figure that. You don't even need an abacus. You just need your eyes. All of those teams were bad, and they all had more talent and more purpose than this team. Injuries have hurt, no doubt, but much more damaging has been this team's complete lack of an identity. They have no blueprint to winning a football game. They have received no leadership in obtaining that blueprint. They are a rudderless ship, adrift at sea, with a captain incapable of handling the wheel and a crew left wondering what the hell to do. It's hard to watch.

It's hard to watch because, at this point in a season that is to be immediately forgotten, fans watch to find hope in the future. There is no hope to be found in 2017 because the future is so murky. In 2013 and 2008 you could see an identity being formed, and though they were bad seasons, you could see the new pieces and new leadership laying a path forward. 2012 was a lost season, and it was awful, but it was tolerable only because the fan base knew that change was guaranteed. 2005 was miserable, but Darren McFadden and Felix Jones provided hope for the future. 2004 may be the season closest to 2017, the first season of Houston Nutt's infamous two-year pass, but even in 2004 fans got to experience Matt Jones in his senior season. He was exciting. He made fun things happen. TJ Hammonds had touchdowns of 60 yards and 88 yards a week ago, and he touched the football three times at LSU.

Three times. Left with only hope in the future to sell, Bret Bielema inexplicably refuses to do even that.

This is just one reason why he must be let go. The Razorbacks cannot return to respectability immediately, but hope to achieve that in the near future should be mandatory. Bielema is not delivering that at the moment, and what's worse, appears to be making little effort in that endeavor. That is what is turning Razorback Stadium into an empty construction site instead of a weekend destination. That is what is freeing up so many Saturdays across the Natural State. That is why I just can't find it in myself to give a damn. And why you probably can't, either.

Bret Bielema must go. Arkansas football cannot survive another season like this. It needs to be written in every publication and spoken on every radio show. It needs to be made clear. There needs to be no doubt. This fan base needs its Saturday joy back, or at the very least its hope. Right now it has neither, and that feels as menacing as that blinking cursor.

I'll see y'all next week.

Offline mde114

• Boar
Re: Feel The Rhythm: LSU ‘17
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »
Clicked and duly noted.

I’d agree this is the worst Razorback team, hell it may be the worst SEC team, I’ve seen.
Long and Bert should be ashamed of what the Razorback football program has become.

Offline Snausage

• A Shoat
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:02:46 AM »
I'll be honest Trent, this might be one of your best write ups yet. You perfectly summarized how I feel at the moment.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:09:29 AM »
I thought this would
Have only nine words:

Tito's

Get rid of him

See you next week

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline EastArkHog

• Didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:12:02 AM »
Thanks for a good write up, we as fans deserve a better product that Beilama just can't provide, somewhere along the way he got lost and can't find a way to fix it...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life™

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
I have the feeling you could do a lot of copy and pasting the next couple weeks.

Good work nonetheless!

<--- I'm with him

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 11:20:39 AM »
Great write up as usual, Trent. And, I, too, have nothing......

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 11:35:26 AM »
Compare this fine work with Lil Wally's absolute waste of several column inches.  No anaysys, no opinion, no emotion. Just a warmed over game summary.  He's just going through the motions while things play out.  Just like Bert and Long.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Guardedly Optimistic
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »
You keep leaving Jeff Long out of the kicked out the door scenario...why?

Torches and pitchforks at the ready.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »
the staff looks like they don't give a shit.  like they aren't trying, they know everyone else knows, and they just don't give a shit.  seems as though a lot of the players are taking on the same attitude as their fearless leaders. 

a staff that provides no leadership, no teaching, no coaching, no discipline...beyond football, how is that in the best interest the 115 young men they have under their tutelage?  how is this staff "taking care of these young men" and teaching them "how to be men?  it is embarrassing.  they should all negotiate buyouts and resign immediately.  let the baseball staff coach these guys the last 2 weeks or something, it won't matter. 

good leaders lead by example.  they lead with discipline knowing their vision of what to come is in everyone's best interest.  they never accept credit, giving it all to their subordinates, and they always take blame, even when it's not their fault and something out of their control.  they have mutual respect for all vested parties, and themselves, and command the same of their subordinates.  this team, program, and administration is led by completely incompetent people doing the exact opposite of what they should.  "player's coach" is a nice way of saying he's a bad leader; like the parents that want to be their kids' best friends, you end up with a dysfunctional product in the long run.  and that's what the program is. 

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline schweinhund

• Huh?
  • A Shoat
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »
It's probably just optimism, but the complete and utter lack of any drive or spark on this team makes me think Bert has already been told he's on the way out.  He's not a good coach, but shirley no one can actually be this bad.  Not saying it isn't possible that we've collapsed this far despite the coaches actually trying, but nothing about this team makes me think anyone really is trying. 

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »
But Bert said TJ's opportunities are coming. 

Maybe we're saving him for the Liberty Bowl. 

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
I don't think it is a matter of 'we can't allow another season of this', I think it is a matter of 'we can't allow another game of this'.  Every fucking game that this lazy sack of shit is on the sidelines further tears down what players we do have that might not suck under the next coach.  When shit performance is allowed and accepted, it seeps into the brain and becomes ok to not try.  That is hard to root out once it has taken hold.  You can not let him finish the season if you want a hope of having the players be of any use to the next coach.  Letting him finish out the year will literally add a year to whatever rebuild the next coach must perform. 

Fire is fucking ass and if Long won't do it, fire him too.  This type of shit can not be tolerated if you ever want to recover.  Kelly's arrest is just another sign that there is zero give a fuck on the coaches and it has spread to the players.

Fire them all.

I wish the worst for Bret.  I mean the worst.  He isn't just losing, he is stealing a salary and stealing a future for these young men he was entrusted with to lead.  Fuck him.  I hope him the absolute worst. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:00:53 PM by hogsrunwild »
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »
It's probably just optimism, but the complete and utter lack of any drive or spark on this team makes me think Bert has already been told he's on the way out.  He's not a good coach, but shirley no one can actually be this bad.  Not saying it isn't possible that we've collapsed this far despite the coaches actually trying, but nothing about this team makes me think anyone really is trying.

God I hope so. Hearing Butch Jones being fired, scares me that we will lose on Norvell or a decent coach. Hopefully Long is already taking to Norvell's agent and just waiting to ask for permission to talk to Norvell.

Long does not give me hope, but maybe Tito will.

Great write up as usual Trent.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 12:09:05 PM »
witnessing what bielema and long are doing to this program; i imagine this is how a cuckold feels after he's forced to sit in the corner and watch his wife gang bang all of his friends while they make fun of him and then jizz all over him when they are finished with her.

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 12:12:50 PM »
I think what worries me most is the fact that the coach and staff have obviously given up. Is this what you want your kids to learn? When the writing is on the wall, you just give up and quit? I would want my kids to learn that no matter how bad it seems, try harder. Keep going. Seems we have all given up.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Boared Cynic

• Should RMPL
  • Boar
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »
It's infuriating he's still the coach. We're losing our recruiting class and our chances of prospective replacements every second Bert is the coach.

We have nothing to gain sitting on our hands. But Long can't go back on his word of no firings in-season now, oh no.

Offline Boondoggle

• Boar
  • Guardedly Optimistic
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 12:17:32 PM »
God I hope so. Hearing Butch Jones being fired, scares me that we will lose on Norvell or a decent coach. Hopefully Long is already taking to Norvell's agent and just waiting to ask for permission to talk to Norvell.

Long does not give me hope, but maybe Tito will.

Great write up as usual Trent.

No, no, that's not the right thing to do.

Long says we have to wait and see how the season plays out before he throws Bert under the bus to save his job. Give Bert a chance.

Once Norvell is safely hired away by some other program, Long will punch up Lester on the speed dial to see how his note is coming along.

#INTEGRITY!

:sick:

Torches and pitchforks at the ready.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 12:29:09 PM »
It's infuriating he's still the coach. We're losing our recruiting class and our chances of prospective replacements every second Bert is the coach.

We have nothing to gain sitting on our hands. But Long can't go back on his word of no firings in-season now, oh no.
On the other hand, TN fires Jones today and then 2 of their recruits de-commit.

Here’s an example of what happens/can happen when you fire guys early and leave recruits hanging: 

Tennessee commit Tanner Ingle says Butch Jones told him to 'find a place to go, quickly'  #UT #Vols

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:59:15 PM by Ty Webb »
That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
Jesus H, that is some great writing for a column that could not have been easy to write.  You nailed it.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »

I have to think that as soon as we are mathematically eliminated from a bowl he is gone.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
I have to think that as soon as we are mathematically eliminated from a bowl he is gone.
But we won’t be mathematically eliminated until our 8th loss.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
But we won’t be mathematically eliminated until our 8th loss.
I thought it was six wins to get a bowl. 

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »
I think when there are not enough 6-6 teams to fill the most crappy of bowls there is a protecol for picking 5-7 teams

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:19:07 PM by ArkGuy »
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
I thought it was six wins to get a bowl.

We have to eliminate moral victories as well.