Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Feel The Rhythm: LSU ‘17  (Read 8945 times)

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
Re: Feel The Rhythm: LSU ‘17
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »
Honestly,I know the hip thing to say is I never wanted, never believed, never whatever, but by end of second season I though I could see where we were headed.  We were tough, physical,  People hated playing us cos it took everything out of them.  Couple of shutouts.  Then we won , what, 8 out of 9 straight or something.  There was hope to sell at that point.  We had an identity.  And a good one.

What is hard to understand is where we fell from fighters who win or lose, lined up and played tough, to ...whatever it is we are now?

It is a  conundrum.

That's the thing.  I could SEE things were headed the right way. The first cracks I started seeing in the armor where when we started having problems getting push against even rent-a-wins on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1.

Since then it's been like cancer -- sometimes invisible, sometimes in remission, but always there and on some days making you feel like absolute shit.  Until the Auburn game last year and then the last 2 game and all of this year, it's been full blown and it's been a snowball hurtling downhill towards death.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 07:04:29 PM »
Toledo, to me was an aberration.

I looked at the 2015 LSU game as the standard. We went to their place and embarrassed them running and passing, stuffing them at will on defense. It was masterful.

Turns out that was the aberration and Toledo was the norm.

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 07:15:26 PM »
Toledo, to me was an aberration.

I looked at the 2015 LSU game as the standard. We went to their place and embarrassed them running and passing, stuffing them at will on defense. It was masterful.

Turns out that was the aberration and Toledo was the norm.
Hell, we had over 500yds offense vs Toledo. We couldn’t get that now vs anyone.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline MoPork

• Boar
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 07:23:54 PM »
Honestly,I know the hip thing to say is I never wanted, never believed, never whatever, but by end of second season I though I could see where we were headed.  We were tough, physical,  People hated playing us cos it took everything out of them.  Couple of shutouts.  Then we won , what, 8 out of 9 straight or something.  There was hope to sell at that point.  We had an identity.  And a good one.

What is hard to understand is where we fell from fighters who win or lose, lined up and played tough, to ...whatever it is we are now?

It is a  conundrum.
this is me. We started off 2015 2-4. After the Bama game we had a week off. We played Auburn and won. From that Auburn game until the Ole Miss game the next year we were 11-3. And we played some tough teams. So our 5-2 top 20 ranked Hogs headed to Auburn to play the team that we started looking right against. After that Ole Miss game in 2016 I felt really good about our program. Then Auburn killed us. Anal raped us...dry. We’ve never recovered. Yeah we beat Florida the next game....but Florida SUCKED. We were done after Auburn 2016. Gus mind fucked us and we have never recovered

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2017, 07:33:05 PM »
this is me. We started off 2015 2-4. After the Bama game we had a week off. We played Auburn and won. From that Auburn game until the Ole Miss game the next year we were 11-3. And we played some tough teams. So our 5-2 top 20 ranked Hogs headed to Auburn to play the team that we started looking right against. After that Ole Miss game in 2016 I felt really good about our program. Then Auburn killed us. Anal raped us...dry. We’ve never recovered. Yeah we beat Florida the next game....but Florida SUCKED. We were done after Auburn 2016. Gus mind fucked us and we have never recovered

The Hogs were never good once Burt replaced Pittman with a useless NFL GA.  Allen was never any good after getting hurt - mentally and physically - in that Auburn game. 

I'd say Burt's biggest weakness was inability to identify and/or unwillingness to play the best player at every position.  Following closely behind that was his unwillingness or inability to hire quality assistants.  That's kind of a mixed bag, as I still think Enos and Rhoads are good coaches, but the rest of his recent hires have been garbage on a good day.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ride or die...for now.
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »
Bottom line,his teams don't know how to win, period. There are key moments in a game, where the outcome can be greatly affected. His teams piss down their leg more than they step up. That comes from a coach not instilling a winning culture, which is hard and which ain't happening here. The players can say what they want but they stopped buying in a 100% last year and there is no real reason to not fire him right now.

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline MoPork

• Boar
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2017, 07:47:48 PM »
Bottom line,his teams don't know how to win, period. There are key moments in a game, where the outcome can be greatly affected. His teams piss down their leg more than they step up. That comes from a coach not instilling a winning culture, which is hard and which ain't happening here. The players can say what they want but they stopped buying in a 100% last year and there is no real reason to not fire him right now.
I agree 100%

Offline billy_ocean_fan

• Every Ladies Dream...
  • Wild Hog
  • ...a soft pecker and a hard head.
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
When someone finally shit cans this fat turd he will have the same stupid, bewildered look on his red face.

I wonder if he will pay his bar tabs and bookies before skipping out. 

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
Hell, we had over 500yds offense vs Toledo. We couldn’t get that now vs anyone. air.

Offline Jean_Lafitte

• Wild Hog
  • King of Corsairs
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2017, 08:21:24 PM »
Here's a tweet from somebody who is talking about the players socializing after the game and saying that Coach Bielema  is going to be fired. Is that how ya'll read it? The players were partying and talking about knowing that Coach B is getting fired?

https://twitter.com/CMorse418/status/929606358307131392

Fight with the Heart of a Tiger!

"General Andrew Jackson discovered the Baratarians to be excellent fighters."

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »
Here's a tweet from somebody who is talking about the players socializing after the game and saying that Coach Bielema  is going to be fired. Is that how ya'll read it? The players were partying and talking about knowing that Coach B is getting fired?

https://twitter.com/CMorse418/status/929606358307131392

Cole Kelly buying shots for the bar?  How old is the dude?

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »

It new under Bert. 100 shot handshakes.

Offline The Red Death

• He ain’t fat y’all.
  • Boar
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2017, 08:41:55 PM »
That is so cool.  If this is true I’m changing my mind about the Louisiana Steamer. And that police officer should be ashamed of himself. 

He was right doing community service. 

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• I AM THE FIRE
  • King of the Hogs
  • BURN IT DOWN
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2017, 09:03:21 PM »

Jeffy won't pull the trigger so as to not cause more drama and trauma than is already extant.

Make no mistake, this is going to be a retooling worse than Bobby the Great had to do.  Petrion had the unfortunate luck to have to do it while the other coach was in his same division.  Talk about a tough first year.

The coach who does that is going to have to be single minded about it, in the way that BMFP was, which means that he will piss off a ton of people.  Bert has kissed ass and glad handed all the types that Nutt did, but he couldn't get the results that Nutt did.  That's why this flipflop motherfucker gonna get gone: couldn't win like Nutt did.  Good lord.

If the new coach can win and keep his dick and nose clean then it will work.  The second that motherfucker goes off the dickrail then he will be gone like last Sunday.  He has his work cut out for him.

Fortunately, Les Miles is used to that sort of bullshit and can recruit like a motherfucker.

I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ride or die...for now.
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2017, 09:49:30 PM »

Fortunately, Les Miles is used to that sort of bullshit and can recruit like a motherfucker.

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Jean_Lafitte

• Wild Hog
  • King of Corsairs
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »

He's under age. Only 20 according to the arrest report for DWI.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/12/arizona-qb-cole-kelley-arrested-for-drunk-driving.html

Fight with the Heart of a Tiger!

"General Andrew Jackson discovered the Baratarians to be excellent fighters."

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2017, 01:24:27 AM »
I think when there are not enough 6-6 teams to fill the most crappy of bowls there is a protecol for picking 5-7 teams

Didn't we beat one of those teams to pad Berts bowl record?

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2017, 01:28:26 AM »
Many variables in determining how long it might take to turn a program around.  Existing talent, type of offense and defense the coach subscribes to, and current level of competition can all be factors.

Kind of like when we hired Petrino. No existing talent, total change in offensive philosophy, SEC as tough as ever, and BCS in year 3. Got it.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2017, 04:11:16 AM »

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2017, 05:07:30 AM »
LOL at the URL.  ::)

Erin Andrews wrote it?

Offline dour countenance

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »
The Hogs were never good once Burt replaced Pittman with a useless NFL GA.  Allen was never any good after getting hurt - mentally and physically - in that Auburn game. 

I'd say Burt's biggest weakness was inability to identify and/or unwillingness to play the best player at every position.  Following closely behind that was his unwillingness or inability to hire quality assistants.  That's kind of a mixed bag, as I still think Enos and Rhoads are good coaches, but the rest of his recent hires have been garbage on a good day.

I agree.  Our lack of physicality can be directly tied to losing Pittman.  Don't forget he also probably would have brought in JUCO Garrett Boles (currently starting tackle for the Broncos) in 2016 if he would have stayed.  And maybe Kirkland would have stayed too.

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2017, 09:41:07 AM »
I agree.  Our lack of physicality can be directly tied to losing Pittman.  Don't forget he also probably would have brought in JUCO Garrett Boles (currently starting tackle for the Broncos) in 2016 if he would have stayed.  And maybe Kirkland would have stayed too.

Pittman didn't coach the defensive line. Or the linebackers. Or the corners. Or the safety's. Or the special teams.

Offline dour countenance

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2017, 09:55:04 AM »
Pittman didn't coach the defensive line. Or the linebackers. Or the corners. Or the safety's. Or the special teams.

Those don't get exposed when we control the ball.  Plus the defense was tougher when they go up against that type of offense in practice.  Our 2014 defense was really good and that was a Pittman/Cheney smashmouth team.  Our best under this coach.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:24:35 AM by dour countenance »

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • King of the Hogs
  • Longtime Fan of Tom Rogic
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2017, 10:08:05 AM »
Compare this fine work with Lil Wally's absolute waste of several column inches.  No anaysys, no opinion, no emotion. Just a warmed over game summary.  He's just going through the motions while things play out.  Just like Bert and Long.
How is that different from ANY of Wally's columns?  He writes like a grade school kid following a book report template.  Make initial statement, write a little about that, add some filler/homegrown BS analogies, then close by basically repeating the first paragraph.  Trent writes circles around the guy even when he doesn't have the motivation. 

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »
How is that different from ANY of Wally's columns?  He writes like a grade school kid following a book report template.  Make initial statement, write a little about that, add some filler/homegrown BS analogies, then close by basically repeating the first paragraph.  Trent writes circles around the guy even when he doesn't have the motivation.

The worst line of his that I still remember was at a Touchdown Club or some event like that.  There were a lot of well known coaches in the same room and he wrote "That if you'd added rice you would have had a coaching buffet."  Seriously Wally?