Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: MLB Hotstove and Offseason  (Read 6080 times)

Online wvhawgfan

• Boar
  • woopig.net
Re: MLB Hotstove and Offseason
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 11:28:43 AM »
Chatwood is a spin rate guy. Like top 10 on curve and fastball spin rates. I could see him doing really well. We’ll either get Ohtani or move Happ/another prospect for a starter. I’m getting the sense they aren’t moving Schwarber.
I get the sense they'd move him in a heartbeat if they could get back what they think he's worth. I just don't see anyone paying that price this year.

Offline hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 01:36:48 PM »
Ohtani signs with the Angels. Onto Cobb or another starter

"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 08:24:30 AM »
Looks like Stanton’s going to the Yankees after he refuses to waive his no trade clause to StL of SF.  They can afford it, but I just don’t see him being worth the cost in prospects or salary.  Sluggers practically grow on trees these days.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 08:37:42 AM »
Maybe not on the prospect front.  It seems that the Marlins are getting Castro and mid level prospects for Giancarlo for a salary dump.  Still, that’s a ton of money for one slugging corner OF.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 03:27:44 PM »
Cubs close to signing Morrow and Cobb. May be done after that.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
Maybe not on the prospect front.  It seems that the Marlins are getting Castro and mid level prospects for Giancarlo for a salary dump.  Still, that’s a ton of money for one slugging corner OF.

Not to mention they already have a slugging RF. 

I guess it will only matter when they go to an NL team.

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 07:27:54 AM »
Talked to Smyly's dad the other night at his restaurant in Maumelle and he said Drew had a good offer from KC but will probably sign with the Cubs.

King of the poors!

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2017, 10:23:55 AM »
Ohtani has a first degree sprain of his UCL, but he'll be FINE they say........

https://sports.yahoo.com/recent-physical-shows-angels-shohei-ohtani-damaged-elbow-ligament-035554341.html

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »
Marcell Ozuna to the Cardinals.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »
meh...  batted ball regression coming on Ozuna
Apparently no interest in going after Machado. Need to go get Archer.

Apparently the A's are interested in Piscotty. I have no idea what you get in return for him right now, though. Especially from Oakland.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:49:42 PM by Stephen Colboar »
I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »
Talked to Smyly's dad the other night at his restaurant in Maumelle and he said Drew had a good offer from KC but will probably sign with the Cubs.

He did, but he's also taking 2018 off to recover from UCL repair (Tommy John gets way too much pub).

Online papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 05:32:31 AM »
meh...  batted ball regression coming on Ozuna
Apparently no interest in going after Machado. Need to go get Archer.

Apparently the A's are interested in Piscotty. I have no idea what you get in return for him right now, though. Especially from Oakland.

Only 2 years for ozuna, either he works out or goes elsewhere

And I saw piscotty went to Oakland, where his sick mom is, if they did that on purpose that was nice

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 09:54:19 AM »
And I saw piscotty went to Oakland, where his sick mom is, if they did that on purpose that was nice

Sounds like that is exactly what is happening here. Props to both teams for getting this done so he can be closer to home.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Online The Pig in Black

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
Tweet from Buster Olney this afternoon:

Buster Olney‏Verified account
@Buster_ESPN
 38m38 minutes ago
More
The Diamondbacks have checked in on Machado conversations. White Sox, Cardinals have best offers so far.

If the Cardinals get Machado, I'll be shocked, but giddy.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 05:12:39 PM »
I'd be really giddy

Doesn't Machado want to play SS?
I'd move DeJong to 3B and roll.

All this to mean he'll end up on the White Sox, immediately sign an extension and they'll be loaded for the future.

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »
Ryan Boyer
@RyanPBoyer
Heavy indications from multiple angles that Cardinals are close to deal for Colome+Longoria that could come together as soon as Thursday.
https://twitter.com/RyanPBoyer/status/941171971253039105?s=17

Not just saying this because it’s StL, but the Cards sure seem willing to trade prospects for guys who will be gone in a couple of years or old as dirt.  Make no mistake, Machado would cost you Weaver or Reyes.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2017, 11:15:33 PM »
Not sure if either were in the stanton offer.

Even so, neither are sure things.

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2017, 06:19:10 AM »
Not sure if either were in the stanton offer.

Even so, neither are sure things.
But even if neither are sure things, you’d be creating an even bigger hole in an area of need with your rotation for a guy who likely would be gone after a year. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2017, 08:36:21 AM »
They're not giving up either of those two unless there is a probability of an extension or new deal being signed. Cards certainly aren't afraid to play that game, either.

Regardless. A lot of times I think orgs become far too attached to prospects. The interesting move I feel would be dealing for Chris Archer. Instead of waiting to see if you can cash in on lotto ticket pitching prospects, deal them for a guy that can give you 4 WAR right now.

That's far more valuable for this team right now than multiple wait-and-see propositions most of which only fill a spot in the bullpen at best right now.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 08:38:31 AM by Stephen Colboar »

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2017, 08:46:35 AM »
They're not giving up either of those two unless there is a probability of an extension or new deal being signed. Cards certainly aren't afraid to play that game, either.

Regardless. A lot of times I think orgs become far too attached to prospects. The interesting move I feel would be dealing for Chris Archer. Instead of waiting to see if you can cash in on lotto ticket pitching prospects, deal them for a guy that can give you 4 WAR right now.

I've seen stuff on twitter from the analytics crowd that show how much more valuable a top flight star is over some prospects.  There is definitely too much value placed on prospects. 

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »
I've seen stuff on twitter from the analytics crowd that show how much more valuable a top flight star is over some prospects.  There is definitely too much value placed on prospects.

Kinda reminds me of what ol' Bear Bryant said about "potential" once.

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2017, 02:52:13 PM »

That's far more valuable for this team right now than multiple wait-and-see propositions most of which only fill a spot in the bullpen at best right now.
See, Archer or even a Cobb would be a smarter move for you guys. 

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2017, 02:25:07 PM »
Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan
Source: Giants get Evan Longoria for Christian Arroyo, Denard Span, Matt Krook and Stephen Woods.
10:49 AM · Dec 20, 2017     
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/943523676732952580?s=17

Dumb, dumb, dumb move by SF.

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2018, 07:40:17 PM »
Astros trade for SP Cole from the Pirates.  The rich get richer.