Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Bielema Fired - Goodbye and Good Riddance  (Read 56137 times)

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
Re: Bielema Fired - Goodbye and Good Riddance
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2018, 08:22:48 PM »
Say what you want but the fact that Nutt got another SEC job proves he was a better coach than Bert.

No SEC will ever hire that clown.

stfu.  we know you have a dick crush on dale.  the fact that he can't get even a sunbelt job shows how incompetent the jerkoff is.

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2018, 09:18:30 PM »
Oh I don't doubt that on results ("scoreboard!") HDN was a better coach than BB.

But in reality it's like choosing between Hillary and Trump.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2018, 09:24:45 PM »
It's truly amazing how much fatter Bert got during his time in the SEC. Dude must have been plowing the fried foods. Just really let himself go. His neck basically disappeared. I'm sure Jen was thrilled.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2018, 09:36:58 PM »
No. Nutt just did at Ole Miss what he did when he first got to Arkansas. He used the players recruited by the former coach nd failed when they left.

Matt Jones saved his ass at Arkansas,  or he would not have been here longer than four years either.

He may be better at fooling people than Donuts, but I guess that is why he was called a "Used Car Salesman."

And the SEC West that Nutt competed in was nothing like todays SEC West.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline billy_ocean_fan

• Every Ladies Dream...
  • Wild Hog
  • Billy>Pacific>Atlantic
« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2018, 10:03:32 PM »
Will the Bielema Hate continue as long as the Nutt Hate?

Let's just say that if I saw them both in the same room, I'd shake Nutt's hand before I shook Beliema's hand. 

I, of course, would have wiped my ass with my hand right before I shook Nutt's, but I figure Nutt would have already done worse with his. 

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 10:08:50 PM by billy_ocean_fan »

Offline mde114

• Boar
« Reply #630 on: July 19, 2018, 10:34:35 AM »
stfu.  we know you have a dick crush on dale.  the fact that he can't get even a sunbelt job shows how incompetent the jerkoff is.

You don’t know shit. I wanted Nutt fired after the Vegas Bowl and had doubts about Bert early on. Just because I think Bert was the worst hire in the history of Arkansas football doesn’t mean I thought Nutt was that much better.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #631 on: July 19, 2018, 11:21:32 AM »
Nutt hate, Bielema hate, debates on whether or not we should have fired BMFP will all exist until we are winning consistently again.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #632 on: July 19, 2018, 11:33:22 AM »
Nutt hate, Bielema hate, debates on whether or not we should have fired BMFP will all exist until we are winning consistently again.
Please HOGS make it stop!

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #633 on: July 19, 2018, 12:30:29 PM »
Although  :tiw:  the hate for former coaches grows tiresome, even here.

I liked Nutt's "rah-rah" attitude when he came.  In talking with players from his first team, they grew tired of it pretty quickly, and were upset Danny Ford wasn't allowed to stay longer and coach them.  Nutt took advantage of the classes Ford had recruited, but to say he didn't know what he was doing is a stretch for even me.  He had his comfort zone in play calling, and immediately became very predictable.  The rah-rah got old, although we were winning some.  When we started recruiting kids who where narrowing their list to Arkansas, Louisiana Tech, and Henderson State, I started getting concerned.  The fight to be the "play caller" was his undoing.  He has a very large ego, but that's common in college coaching, but his "look over the shoulder" personality which always resulted in passing the blame for any negative off was unbelievable.  Sometimes you 'fess up that you didn't handle things the way you needed to.  He was too predictable, so he needed an offensive coordinator.  His hero, Coach Broyles, actually was one of the pioneers of managing a staff.  Hire good coaches, let them coach. 

Had Nutt passed the play calling duties on to whomever he hired (it didn't have to be Malzahn) gracefully, and been the guy who decided to punt or go for it on 4th down, and kept that grimacing smile, hand clap, fist pump, he would have been a much better head coach.  He also would have had more time to change his recruiting goals to challenge the league for the studs, and not dominate the AIC and Southland in recruiting.  His "supposed" off the field shenanigans would have been overlooked if he would have not been so silly about it.  It wasn't like he had crashed a motorcycle with a news reporter on his back.  Texting his side piece on his University owned phone that should have been full of texts to prospects from Texas, Louisiana, Florida, etc. was probably the most stupid thing he ever did.  Silence, and no longer using the phone to text to her about his warriors would have been cured by winning.

In the end, he's laughing his butt off about the golden handcuffs, but not being able to even coach at Murray State level schools is his punishment.  We should all thank him for being part of what made Ole Miss be in the trouble they're in.

Bobby Petrino was clearly the best offensive coach we ever had.  His ability to scare off any good defensive coordinators is what will keep him from ever winning the big prize.  Folks who blame Jeff Long for being so righteous to be able to not overlook the drunken, wreck with his newly hired side piece are Monday Morning QB's who really have little grasp of how things work at this level of play.  Petrino had improved the recruiting (although he stuck to building up his offense and not his defense), but unless he was at the point where he was winning NC's every other year, the wreck would be used against him in recruiting the most.  Mommas don't want to send their babies to play for a man who can't win the big one because he's too worried about his girlfriend would have been all the other SEC coaches would have to say when sitting in the living room. 

Petrino also struggled to fit in the world where people were instantly using social media and the internet to report to the world that he called their baby a motherfucker right there in front of wimmin and chillin.  Some think that cussing isn't that big of deal, and honestly, it's not.  In Arkansas, the people grew up on Frank Broyles and Kenny Hatfield being church going fellers, so I'm really doubting there are no people on this planet who could produce a legitimate recording of them calling their players bad names.  I've talked to a few folks who heard Lou Holtz be very loose with some racially charged words (no not the N word), but there were some gasps when he hollered at a home state player "run it again, and when the ball is thrown, I better see 2 black hands above all those white hands catching that ball!"  Back to Petrino, the civilized folks weren't happy about the curse words, and when he also had a girlfriend on his Harley, that was just too much.  Long had no choice. 

Biliema was a super guy.  Possibly more of a player's coach than Nutt.  He also knows a lot of defensive football.  That's the most sad part.  He tried to be a Broyles/Manager type, but he never would step in (even behind closed doors like Broyles usually did) and read an assistant the riot act.  Broyles told Hatfield to fire some assistants, and Hatfield dug in and defended them at the expense of the team's success.  When Nutt was told to fire assistants, he did.  He finally balked when he realized his play calling duties were going to be stripped, but all he would do was whine about it, and destroy his own team by insisting Malzahn combine some of his favorite things into the offense.  The meshing of Nutt's nomenclature into Malzahn's confused everybody to the point where easily the best combination of running backs in the history of this school couldn't reach full potential.

Back to Bielema, he couldn't have been a nicer guy, and we all know the old saying about nice guys, and this worries me just a little about Chad Morris.  He is a super nice guy, but he's hopefully got a side to him that people will know they can't mess with.  He has brought a new attitude.  He's not a player's coach per se, but the guys he inherited like him and the changes, so far. 

Sorry for the novel, and I have to go do some work so I tied it up too quickly, and I've done no proofreading, but I'm ready for some football, and hoping the summer griping will slow down. 

WPS!  Hammer Down!

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2018, 07:37:01 PM »
Although  :tiw:  the hate for former coaches grows tiresome, even here.

I liked Nutt's "rah-rah" attitude when he came.  In talking with players from his first team, they grew tired of it pretty quickly, and were upset Danny Ford wasn't allowed to stay longer and coach them.  Nutt took advantage of the classes Ford had recruited, but to say he didn't know what he was doing is a stretch for even me.  He had his comfort zone in play calling, and immediately became very predictable.  The rah-rah got old, although we were winning some.  When we started recruiting kids who where narrowing their list to Arkansas, Louisiana Tech, and Henderson State, I started getting concerned.  The fight to be the "play caller" was his undoing.  He has a very large ego, but that's common in college coaching, but his "look over the shoulder" personality which always resulted in passing the blame for any negative off was unbelievable.  Sometimes you 'fess up that you didn't handle things the way you needed to.  He was too predictable, so he needed an offensive coordinator.  His hero, Coach Broyles, actually was one of the pioneers of managing a staff.  Hire good coaches, let them coach. 

Had Nutt passed the play calling duties on to whomever he hired (it didn't have to be Malzahn) gracefully, and been the guy who decided to punt or go for it on 4th down, and kept that grimacing smile, hand clap, fist pump, he would have been a much better head coach.  He also would have had more time to change his recruiting goals to challenge the league for the studs, and not dominate the AIC and Southland in recruiting.  His "supposed" off the field shenanigans would have been overlooked if he would have not been so silly about it.  It wasn't like he had crashed a motorcycle with a news reporter on his back.  Texting his side piece on his University owned phone that should have been full of texts to prospects from Texas, Louisiana, Florida, etc. was probably the most stupid thing he ever did.  Silence, and no longer using the phone to text to her about his warriors would have been cured by winning.

In the end, he's laughing his butt off about the golden handcuffs, but not being able to even coach at Murray State level schools is his punishment.  We should all thank him for being part of what made Ole Miss be in the trouble they're in.

Bobby Petrino was clearly the best offensive coach we ever had.  His ability to scare off any good defensive coordinators is what will keep him from ever winning the big prize.  Folks who blame Jeff Long for being so righteous to be able to not overlook the drunken, wreck with his newly hired side piece are Monday Morning QB's who really have little grasp of how things work at this level of play.  Petrino had improved the recruiting (although he stuck to building up his offense and not his defense), but unless he was at the point where he was winning NC's every other year, the wreck would be used against him in recruiting the most.  Mommas don't want to send their babies to play for a man who can't win the big one because he's too worried about his girlfriend would have been all the other SEC coaches would have to say when sitting in the living room. 

Petrino also struggled to fit in the world where people were instantly using social media and the internet to report to the world that he called their baby a motherfucker right there in front of wimmin and chillin.  Some think that cussing isn't that big of deal, and honestly, it's not.  In Arkansas, the people grew up on Frank Broyles and Kenny Hatfield being church going fellers, so I'm really doubting there are no people on this planet who could produce a legitimate recording of them calling their players bad names.  I've talked to a few folks who heard Lou Holtz be very loose with some racially charged words (no not the N word), but there were some gasps when he hollered at a home state player "run it again, and when the ball is thrown, I better see 2 black hands above all those white hands catching that ball!"  Back to Petrino, the civilized folks weren't happy about the curse words, and when he also had a girlfriend on his Harley, that was just too much.  Long had no choice. 

Biliema was a super guy.  Possibly more of a player's coach than Nutt.  He also knows a lot of defensive football.  That's the most sad part.  He tried to be a Broyles/Manager type, but he never would step in (even behind closed doors like Broyles usually did) and read an assistant the riot act.  Broyles told Hatfield to fire some assistants, and Hatfield dug in and defended them at the expense of the team's success.  When Nutt was told to fire assistants, he did.  He finally balked when he realized his play calling duties were going to be stripped, but all he would do was whine about it, and destroy his own team by insisting Malzahn combine some of his favorite things into the offense.  The meshing of Nutt's nomenclature into Malzahn's confused everybody to the point where easily the best combination of running backs in the history of this school couldn't reach full potential.

Back to Bielema, he couldn't have been a nicer guy, and we all know the old saying about nice guys, and this worries me just a little about Chad Morris.  He is a super nice guy, but he's hopefully got a side to him that people will know they can't mess with.  He has brought a new attitude.  He's not a player's coach per se, but the guys he inherited like him and the changes, so far. 

Sorry for the novel, and I have to go do some work so I tied it up too quickly, and I've done no proofreading, but I'm ready for some football, and hoping the summer griping will slow down. 

WPS!  Hammer Down!
If he was a successful Texas HS FB coach, I'm fairly certain he has that side you're talking about. He just probably knows when to bring it out and when to double down on the red bull.

...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline NostraHOGus

• A Shoat
« Reply #635 on: July 20, 2018, 02:03:21 AM »
It amazes me that "fans" of any age, 8 or 88, can find so much fault with dudes who made more money during their time at Arkansas, than anybody other than a WalMart executive or a neurosurgeon at UAMS.  AND SEVERAL GOT PAID 7 FIGURES TO LEAVE!

I mean, a proud fan base would recognize that ANY coach at the U of A in the last 50 years, except for Jack Crowe or John L, was a Top 25 coach in the country at the time, or at times, easy. Indisputable.  Some were Top 10.

The primary distinction the U of A sports program has earned over the last three decades is that fans can be whiny little bitches.  And regardless of the notion that "all fan bases have that problem," people tend to notice when it happens here.

It's like when Arkansas folks got pissed when the Rockefeller foundation sent doctors with castor oil and a shoe recommendation to counties that had a 75% hookworm infection rate in their schools.  Damn those outsiders!

Offline Hatchclan

• CCM, CMA, & CDVH = SUCCESS
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #636 on: July 20, 2018, 06:04:22 AM »
It amazes me that "fans" of any age, 8 or 88, can find so much fault with dudes who made more money during their time at Arkansas, than anybody other than a WalMart executive or a neurosurgeon at UAMS.  AND SEVERAL GOT PAID 7 FIGURES TO LEAVE!

I mean, a proud fan base would recognize that ANY coach at the U of A in the last 50 years, except for Jack Crowe or John L, was a Top 25 coach in the country at the time, or at times, easy. Indisputable.  Some were Top 10.

The primary distinction the U of A sports program has earned over the last three decades is that fans can be whiny little bitches.  And regardless of the notion that "all fan bases have that problem," people tend to notice when it happens here.

It's like when Arkansas folks got pissed when the Rockefeller foundation sent doctors with castor oil and a shoe recommendation to counties that had a 75% hookworm infection rate in their schools.  Damn those outsiders!
Please RMPL

Beer has food value, but food has no beer value.

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #637 on: July 20, 2018, 06:12:40 AM »

Being a a fan of 2 teams (because I went to school out of state) I can assure you that is not a distinct.  All fanbases are whiny.

Online Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #638 on: July 20, 2018, 06:22:34 AM »

Well that's certainly a unique take in the era of the internet and fan message boards.  "You leave Bret (and Houston, and Bobby, and Danny, and Kenny, and Mike, and John, and Stan) alone!!!!"

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ride or die...for now.
« Reply #639 on: July 20, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »

An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #640 on: July 23, 2018, 11:34:51 AM »
Is that Fat Fuck off the UA payroll yet?  I understand that Long's payouts will end soon, but what about the fatman himself? 

Offline Loma

• Backwoodigan Razorback
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hey Pig Sooie~
« Reply #641 on: July 23, 2018, 12:27:15 PM »

Customer.

Offline Boar Bidet

• King of the Hogs
  • Formerly known as Swahili Steve
« Reply #642 on: July 23, 2018, 12:42:46 PM »

the stroke symptoms can’t kick in fast enough

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #643 on: July 23, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
Is that Fat Fuck off the UA payroll yet?  I understand that Long's payouts will end soon, but what about the fatman himself?

he's on our payroll until he gets another job paying more than his contract per annum entails, or until the contract term ends.  he ain't making no $4.5mm to make donut runs for the patriots.

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #644 on: July 23, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »
he's on our payroll until he gets another job paying more than his contract per annum entails, or until the contract term ends.  he ain't making no $4.5mm to make donut runs for the patriots.

someone in the office asked if that had something to do with why he doesn't have an official job title with them yet.

Haters gonna hate

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
« Reply #645 on: July 23, 2018, 04:23:38 PM »
someone in the office asked if that had something to do with why he doesn't have an official job title with them yet.

probably, but his severance also states that he's required to make all attempts to mitigate the risk/loss to the university. if he doesn't try they can sue him.

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
« Reply #646 on: July 23, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »
if he doesn't try they can sue him.
We need to sue him for the last couple years he coached here, he wasn't trying at all then.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #647 on: July 23, 2018, 04:57:41 PM »
We need to sue him for the last couple years he coached here, he wasn't trying at all then.

If that 11-29 SEC record wasn't a breach of contract, then I don't know what breach of contract is.   

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #648 on: July 24, 2018, 06:42:47 AM »

Does his current income get deducted from the UA payout?

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #649 on: July 24, 2018, 06:58:40 AM »
Does his current income get deducted from the UA payout?

Per diem of 3 dozen Dunkin Donuts per day + coffee of choice + box of Kleenex.