Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2018 PGA  (Read 25440 times)

Offline wvhawgfan

• Boar
  • woopig.net
Re: 2018 PGA
« Reply #450 on: August 12, 2018, 06:14:01 PM »
Man, I've picked the last 2 event winners. Molinari and Koepka. I should go to Vegas.
With a little help from a "friend" right?

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #451 on: August 12, 2018, 06:54:05 PM »
What hate?  The fans and CBS crew gobbled it up.

The reception at 18 for Koepka sounded like a Thursday morning at the Quad Cities Classic.

It was weird on the 18th. A lot of that is on Koepka. Scott offered to finish, but Koepka just finished out. He showed no emotion or excitement towards the crowd. It seemed like he blew his mom off and continued to do so with his girlfriend. Just weird.

Offline hogfan58

• Nothing that's out there that's not correctable - Bert
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #452 on: August 12, 2018, 07:38:26 PM »
He was referring to the fact he was 3 under despite not just missing fairways but missing big. It was incredible. Clearly not the best golf he’s ever seen, but most incredible? Don’t doubt it.

No, it clearly was since he said it was the greatest front 9 EVER. CBS wanted Tiger to win so much it was sickening. They are the Fox News of golf broadcasting, fair and balanced.

"Florida is kind of the new Ole Miss. They're doing some things in recruiting that kind of shock you a little bit" ~~ Bret Bielema, NSD 2016

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #453 on: August 12, 2018, 07:59:44 PM »
It was weird on the 18th. A lot of that is on Koepka. Scott offered to finish, but Koepka just finished out. He showed no emotion or excitement towards the crowd. It seemed like he blew his mom off and continued to do so with his girlfriend. Just weird.

Agreed that he should’ve waited to putt out. But I was talking about his walk to the 18th green. 

No, it clearly was since he said it was the greatest front 9 EVER. CBS wanted Tiger to win so much it was sickening. They are the Fox News of golf broadcasting, fair and balanced.

Yeah it was nice that they gave him Shot of the Day for that meaningless birdie putt on 18.  It was around that same time that Koepka hit the 4-iron to 6 feet to set up birdie on the 16th with Scott within one shot of him. 

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
The hate is hilarious. Dude shot 64 and couldn’t find a fairway 3/4 of the time.

Truth. He should have gone to the 3 wood off the tee. Very few could spray it off the tee like he did today and still shoot -6 in the final round of a major.

Haters gonna hate

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #455 on: August 12, 2018, 09:54:31 PM »
One year ago he couldn’t hit a 75 yard pitch shot.

Was tied for the lead on Sunday at the Open, and today today, he finished 2nd. That’s amazing stuff.

One of the great comeback stories in sports. When he wins again, likely another major, the comeback story will be even better. This is legendary 30-for-30 type of stuff.

Offline HughJasole

• Checking out your girl's baseline shift
  • Tush Hog
  • Activating glutes daily
« Reply #456 on: August 12, 2018, 09:55:11 PM »
I think it's almost a near certainty that Tiger will win another major and will break Sam Snead's all-time wins mark (82), that's only four more tournament wins. He's still got two events this year (maybe four) and then 2019 looks to be a big year.

Even the biggest Tiger homer in the world would admit that breaking Jack's mark is nearly unattainable at this point. Not that Tiger isn't capable (he had solo lead or share of lead in each of the last two majors this year), but winning five more against the fields that the Tour has now at his age and with his injury history just seems impossible.

He squandered prime years or he would've already done it. 2010 and 2011 were a wasteland after all the indiscretions surfaced. 2014 was injury-laced and he came back too soon in 2015, which subsequently meant losing all of 2016 and 2017.

That's six years that he could've won at least two majors, which would've put him at 16. Plus near misses in 2012 and 2013, where if he could've turned one of those into a victory, he could be at 17 and needing a single win to match it.

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2018, 10:11:16 PM »
I think it's almost a near certainty that Tiger will win another major and will break Sam Snead's all-time wins mark (82), that's only four more tournament wins. He's still got two events this year (maybe four) and then 2019 looks to be a big year.

Even the biggest Tiger homer in the world would admit that breaking Jack's mark is nearly unattainable at this point. Not that Tiger isn't capable (he had solo lead or share of lead in each of the last two majors this year), but winning five more against the fields that the Tour has now at his age and with his injury history just seems impossible.

He squandered prime years or he would've already done it. 2010 and 2011 were a wasteland after all the indiscretions surfaced. 2014 was injury-laced and he came back too soon in 2015, which subsequently meant losing all of 2016 and 2017.

That's six years that he could've won at least two majors, which would've put him at 16. Plus near misses in 2012 and 2013, where if he could've turned one of those into a victory, he could be at 17 and needing a single win to match it.

I’m the biggest tiger homer in the world. If he stays healthy, as in completely healthy, he has a 10% chance of getting to 18. The freak is still there. What’s he’s done after essentially years off of competitive golf, only being able to take full swings for 9 months, is incredible.

His shot making and iron play are still there. The putting is coming back. If he can clean up the driver he’s going to be reeling off wins. If not for the double bogey - bogey start, the three out in 17 yesterday, two lip outs and a ball stopping one roll short today.... just a few of those go the other way and he’s lifting a trophy today.

That said, I don’t think he’ll stay healthy.  But if he does he’s got 2-3 more years at a very high level.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #458 on: August 12, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »
If tiger wins another it will be great for golf.  The sport needs something. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hogfan58

• Nothing that's out there that's not correctable - Bert
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #459 on: August 13, 2018, 05:31:35 AM »

Odds are against him. He'll be 43 by the time the Masters rolls around, plus the fact that the young guns on the Tour are still in their prime.

"Florida is kind of the new Ole Miss. They're doing some things in recruiting that kind of shock you a little bit" ~~ Bret Bielema, NSD 2016

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #460 on: August 13, 2018, 06:53:10 AM »
One year ago he couldn’t hit a 75 yard pitch shot.

Was tied for the lead on Sunday at the Open, and today today, he finished 2nd. That’s amazing stuff.

One of the great comeback stories in sports. When he wins again, likely another major, the comeback story will be even better. This is legendary 30-for-30 type of stuff.

Not even the best comeback in golf history.

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #461 on: August 13, 2018, 07:14:23 AM »
I swear Kopeka is a robot, or cyborg.

King of the poors!

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »

Exactly. 

Offline bogeyfree

• Wild Hog
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2018, 08:02:44 AM »
You can definitely find folks who will say it is the greatest comeback in golf history if he wins another major.....IF.  I can't remember if it was Faldo or another commentator yesterday talking about it. 

Online hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
He can win at Augusta or PGA. Not sure he can do it at a US Open. I think he can get 1-2 more wins in the next 5 years. Certainly the greatest ever. Jack wouldn’t come close to 18 majors in today’s game.

"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline Cornhogio

• Boar
« Reply #465 on: August 13, 2018, 09:14:58 AM »
I root against Tiger for the same reason I root against Dook.  The suck-off by the media is sickening. 

Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #466 on: August 13, 2018, 09:59:16 AM »
I root against Tiger for the same reason I root against Dook.  The suck-off by the media is sickening.

You probably bet against Secretariat too

Offline GolfingHog

• Boar
  • Calmer than you are.
« Reply #467 on: August 13, 2018, 10:25:57 AM »
You probably bet against Secretariat too

This pretty much sums it up.  :dude1:

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #468 on: August 13, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »

Don't say Hogan.

Tiger was in a car wreck as well.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Rocket_City_Hawg

• Tush Hog
  • Javelin. When you need to kill something

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #470 on: August 13, 2018, 04:12:53 PM »
To save Hogan from blood clots, they tied off the main artery to his legs.  It was permanent.  It meant that the circulation to his legs was ruined.  They told him he would never even walk again without a cane, much less play golf.  His legs would swell so badly that he had to wrap them in Ace bandages just so that he could keep the swelling down a bit.  The pain was intense.

Also, they didn’t play on Sundays back then.  All the finishes were 36 holes on Saturday.  That meant that Hogan had to play championship level golf with those bad legs through 36 holes in one day.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:43:02 PM by The Whyte Boar »

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #471 on: August 13, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »
Don't say Hogan.

Judas.

Further proof you just can't help being contrarian.  Or you're the biggest idiot on the board.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #472 on: August 13, 2018, 10:47:50 PM »
Don't say Hogan.

Tiger hit a fire hydrant while Hogan’s car was hit HEADON BY A GREYHOUND BUS.
Yea, those are similar.  :portishead: :portishead:

On Feb. 2, 1949, Hogan and his wife, Valerie, narrowly survived a head-on collision with a Greyhound bus in Texas. In a successful attempt to save his wife's life by throwing himself in front of her, Hogan likely also saved his own life since the steering column punctured he driver's seat.

Hogan, 36 at the time, suffered a double-fracture of the pelvis, a fractured collar bone, a left ankle fracture, a chipped rib, and near-fatal blood clots: he would suffer lifelong circulation problems and other physical limitations.

Fifty-nine days after the accident, Hogan was out of the hospital and by November of that year, he resumed golf activities.

In that LA Open return, Hogan was outstanding, eventually losing a playoff to Sam Snead.

Post-accident, Hogan would win 11 more times on the PGA Tour, including six of his nine major championships. One of those majors was the 1950 U.S. Open at Merion, site of his iconic 1-iron shot, just a little more than a year after the accident.

Hogan, a captain of three Ryder Cup USA teams, would end his career with 64 PGA Tour victories, which is fourth all time.

I think we know who needs to be accosted by a former Razorback basketball player holding a 5 iron.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:52:00 PM by DrMongoose »
Haters gonna hate

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #473 on: August 14, 2018, 12:00:14 AM »
Judas.

Further proof you just can't help being contrarian.  Or you're the biggest idiot on the board.

Or you have absolutely no dry wit.

When first posted, I immediately thought of Hogan's comeback being similar to nothing I could ever remember.  Of course I knew Hogan.  Some of you just don't have a sense of humor, except if you come up with the idea.   :suicide:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:02:42 AM by Arkansas Proud »

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #474 on: August 14, 2018, 12:04:36 AM »
4 straight somehow actually thought that I thought a 9 iron by a model and a Greyhound bus were exactly the same.

What happened to this board?   ???