Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: So we lost our center?  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
Re: So we lost our center?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 11:29:50 PM »
I know better, but fuck it....care to name a few of the “million” other reasons?

Love of the game
Competition
Coeds
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
I could see where the attraction of only having a year left to be in basically a new program that you have no future in wouldn't be all that attractive.

and whoever ends up replacing him may have ended up doing that anyway because the new coaches are going to want to build for going forward

Online hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »
for one, some of these out of shape fucks might actually have to be whipped into shape.  They were fat and out of shape to start every single year.  Our 'conditioning' was a joke.  So maybe some of these guys don't want to actually change that if they only have one year left.  Maybe they got the message that practice being orange slices and jokes is over.  Maybe something else.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Online GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 10:59:17 AM »
for one, some of these out of shape fucks might actually have to be whipped into shape.  They were fat and out of shape to start every single year.  Our 'conditioning' was a joke.  So maybe some of these guys don't want to actually change that if they only have one year left.  Maybe they got the message that practice being orange slices and jokes is over.  Maybe something else.

LOL that you think it would be healthier orange slices. I’m thinking fried chicken legs

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 11:11:34 AM »
LOL that you think it would be healthier orange slices. I’m thinking fried chicken legs
Sketti and butter

http://www.comedycentral.co.uk/south-park/videos/sketti-and-butter
Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 12:43:58 PM »
Hedlund didn't enroll for the second semester.
Transfering to North Texas
https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Bolt/Report-Former-Arkansas-Razorbacks-kicker-Cole-Hedlund-transfers-to-North-Texas-Mean-Green-113963304
As part of our K recruiting in the future, let's include the fact that they're going to be kicking without a tee and if they can't kick without a tee, don't give them a scholarship.

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 02:15:08 PM »
As part of our K recruiting in the future, let's include the fact that they're going to be kicking without a tee and if they can't kick without a tee, don't give them a scholarship.
Are they going to change the rules in high school, or are there some states that don't permit using a tee for placekicks?

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
Are they going to change the rules in high school, or are there some states that don't permit using a tee for placekicks?
I doubt it. All I know is our "never miss while we're ahead by 3 TD's" kickers aren't working out.

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 05:32:55 PM »
I could see where the attraction of only having a year left to be in basically a new program that you have no future in wouldn't be all that attractive.

and whoever ends up replacing him may have ended up doing that anyway because the new coaches are going to want to build for going forward

Maybe he doesn't know how to shotgun snap and doesn't want to learn.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 07:55:03 AM »
Dick punch juice?
Right you are, Ken.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »
Rogers is more than likely just a casualty from our previous terrible oline coach. He was only 6'2," so Anderson told Rogers and everybody that he just didn't have the length needed to start. Forget that our guards were consistently whipped on the line of scrimmage, our tackles moved like they were wearing cement block shoes, and the most head scratching, any time we got into a formation where we were looking to overload a side of our line-Rogers would sub in and be the extra tackle.

In practice, in one on one drills, he was right there with Ragnow in whipping everybody. He just never started or rotated in to replace anybody because "he just doesn't have the length."  Brilliant coach.

I figure something in Rogers switched his "his give-a-damn" to zero. Fell in love, and decided to move on.

Thanks O-banderson.

Offline MakeMeOink

• A Shoat
  • One Hung Lo
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 11:03:07 AM »
Hawgerelli is exactly right.  Rogers was consistently one of our top 3 lineman in practice, but his 'measureables' didn't fit the dumbass coaches criteria.  He's a casualty of the previous coaching staff's complete ineptitude.  Good kid who deserved far better than he got.  Good luck!

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
Hawgerelli is exactly right.  Rogers was consistently one of our top 3 lineman in practice, but his 'measureables' didn't fit the dumbass coaches criteria.  He's a casualty of the previous coaching staff's complete ineptitude.  Good kid who deserved far better than he got.  Good luck!
Wow.  With that kind of thinking Mugsy Boggs may have never played basketball at all.

Offline Rob aka Hobo

• Back from the Dead
  • A Shoat
  • I've saved up two years worth of ellipses.
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 01:32:09 PM »
So our OL going into next year:(by 247 composite)
Brian Wallace 6-6 337 4* ranked 95 Sr
Hjalte Frohodlt 6-5 311 4* ranked 90(as a DT) Sr
Jalen Merrick 6-4 322 4* ranked 90 Jr
Colton Jackson 6-5 295 3* ranked 86 Jr
Kirby Adock 6-5 288 3* ranked 85 RSFr
Shane Clenin 6-6 300 3* ranked 85 RSFr
Dalton Wagner 6-9 312 3* ranked 86 RSFr
Deion Malone 6-3 304 3* ranked 83(JUCO) Sr
Dylan Hays 6-3 298 3* ranked 83 Soph
Ty Clary 6-4 286 2* ranked 78 Soph
Johnny Gibson 6-4 NR Sr
Tyler Hall 6-4 NR RSSoph
Jackson Hannah 6-2 305 NR Jr
Audrey Horn 6-3 329 NR RSFr
Cooper Sone 6-2 272 NR Soph

Signed:
Silas Robinson 6-5 305 3 star ranked 80.
Only Jackson, Froholdt, Clary, Gibson and Wallace with any experience

Right now only 1 signee and one commit on the OL. Yikes.
Losing Heinrich and Rogers hurts a lot.

Offline The Red Death

• He ain’t fat y’all.
  • Boar
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 08:06:29 PM »
Bret Bielema is now death penalty. 
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Rob aka Hobo

• Back from the Dead
  • A Shoat
  • I've saved up two years worth of ellipses.
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2018, 08:10:42 PM »
Have to bank on the young guys being really good and Colton Jackson needs to come around.  I have a feeling that Frohodlt is the only one that will be in the same spot as last year.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »

I read yesterday where Coach Bielema  has more players in the Super Bowl than any other coach who was coaching this past season.

The man had his share of faults, but he had positives.  The most unbelievable thing to consider about last season's team was how completely terrible the offensive line was.  Coach Bielema was always a defensive minded coach, played d-line, was a d-coordinator, but he has a reputation for placing many offensive linemen in the NFL. 

What happened?  Was the $4 million salary enough to make him lazy, and made him get away from what he was good at?  Pretty big mystery, to me.  Probably a combination of Obama and Trump's fault.  The transition was more than he could handle. 

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
I read yesterday where Coach Bielema  has more players in the Super Bowl than any other coach who was coaching this past season.

The man had his share of faults, but he had positives.  The most unbelievable thing to consider about last season's team was how completely terrible the offensive line was.  Coach Bielema was always a defensive minded coach, played d-line, was a d-coordinator, but he has a reputation for placing many offensive linemen in the NFL. 

What happened?  Was the $4 million salary enough to make him lazy, and made him get away from what he was good at?  Pretty big mystery, to me.  Probably a combination of Obama and Trump's fault.  The transition was more than he could handle.
Perhaps he and his wife having a baby had something to do with it.   Something like that can make you re-think your priorities.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 08:25:28 AM »

That first sentence is more damning of Bielema's abilities than his record at Arkansas.

As it turns out, we had a hell of a lot more talent on hand when Bielema got here than we were told by the media.  The media hacks build their relationship with each new staff by telling us at every transition how badly the previous guy screwed things up, and what a shitshow the new guy is inheriting. 

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2018, 08:34:28 AM »
That first sentence is more damning of Bielema's abilities than his record at Arkansas.

As it turns out, we had a hell of a lot more talent on hand when Bielema got here than we were told by the media.  The media hacks build their relationship with each new staff by telling us at every transition how badly the previous guy screwed things up, and what a shitshow the new guy is inheriting.

When we lost Petrino, the media hacks had the privilege of Coach Smiles stepping in and conveniently injecting soft pills into our players brains as they slept.  This might have made Bielema and company too overconfident when they realized there was some talent, and it kind of showed up for a few years.  I'm thinking Morris has a respect for Bielema that will cause him to not let the hacks go too far down that road.  While the new strength coach was explaining his philosophy, I felt like at any second he was gong to say something like, "did they even use this weight room before we got here?"  He was mostly diplomatic, but he has had to admit that Herbert's opposition to explosive lifts really isn't a recipe for success, especially in a wide open offense or any type of football defense. 

Morris and the new guys are also "player's coaches" but I like that there are some little things that will get you into trouble.  Having to do extra work for not putting your towel in the right place is interesting.  I'm sure the previous staff had some kind of small stuff disciplining going on, but I've never heard of any.

Morris is seemingly trying to circle the wagons long before we are accustomed to around here, as well. 

Offline TitsOutForTheHogs

• Wild Hog
  • Those Things Could Raise the Titanic
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2018, 11:26:34 AM »

Has to be laziness. I just don't know any other logical reason. Talent, good assistant coaches (when he first got hired), and built up success from his previous job. I think money, hot wife, great perks, easy going AD, and suck off media made him say "Fuck it, I'll collect massive money and a buy out and never coach again." I think he wants that life. He doesn't want to coach, he wants to do jack shit.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:33:22 AM by TitsOutForTheHogs »
Hooters, Hooters yum yum yum
Hooters, Hooters on a blonde that's dumb

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2018, 11:27:43 AM »
Has to be laziness. I just don't know either other logical. Talent, good assistant coaches (when he first got hired), and built up success from his previous job. I think money, hot wife, great perks, easy going AD, and suck off media made him say "Fuck it, I'll collect massive money and a buy out and never coach again." I think he wants that life. He doesn't want to coach, he wants to do jack shit.
This.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2018, 11:32:51 AM »
Has to be laziness. I just don't know either other logical. Talent, good assistant coaches (when he first got hired), and built up success from his previous job. I think money, hot wife, great perks, easy going AD, and suck off media made him say "Fuck it, I'll collect massive money and a buy out and never coach again." I think he wants that life. He doesn't want to coach, he wants to do jack shit.

First rule of parenting is setting boundaries. Long forgot to do that, with BMFP and Bert.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2018, 11:41:27 AM »

It's just one of those things that is repeated so often it becomes accepted as fact.  The constant groupthink was that Petrino was a shitty recruiter and Bielema was  much better because his classes were ranked higher so it became real to some folks.
Homies help homies.  Always.

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 35 queries.