Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Gafford *Oh No he's an NBA prospect!!!  (Read 9023 times)

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
Gafford *Oh No he's an NBA prospect!!!
« on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »
ESPN Mock Draft has Gafford going 17th. If so, he gone.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:37:10 AM by Animal »
<--- I'm with him

Offline TorcFiadhain Joe

• Wild Hog
Re: Re: Vandy @ home tonight 7:30 on SECN
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 06:20:59 PM »
Goddamn it.  That really fucking sucks

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 06:56:01 PM »

It was that goddam block and dunk.

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »
I told a buddy this afternoon that play had moved him into the lottery.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline TorcFiadhain Joe

• Wild Hog
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 07:48:14 PM »
In 2017 the 17th pick got 4.6 million over 2 years.  Top 5 and up got over 10 million and the number 1 pick got 15.4.  Any chance he holds out for the fuck you money?

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 08:02:15 PM »
In 2017 the 17th pick got 4.6 million over 2 years.  Top 5 and up got over 10 million and the number 1 pick got 15.4.  Any chance he holds out for the fuck you money?

Would you?

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »

If you believe you can have a long career, and they all do, you leave not for the first year's money but to get to that second contract earlier. That's where you make the real money.

And plus - you don't have to go to class, you stay in Four Seasons instead of a dorm, fly private, etc....

It's a no brainer. He gone if he's top 20. That said, I saw a mock draft on ESPN that had him down in the 30's. He'll be back if that's where it settles.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 08:21:35 PM by arkansawyer »

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 08:21:47 PM »

Offline TorcFiadhain Joe

• Wild Hog
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:35:15 PM »

Would you?
I wouldn’t think twice. 

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Boar
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 08:38:57 PM »
If not, they'll make a shitroad(in honor of the Olympics) of money
Had to bring this back up. Made me ror.

Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 09:27:47 PM »
Had to bring this back up. Made me ror.

Ehr O Ehr.

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 06:02:33 AM »
If you believe you can have a long career, and they all do, you leave not for the first year's money but to get to that second contract earlier. That's where you make the real money.

And plus - you don't have to go to class, you stay in Four Seasons instead of a dorm, fly private, etc....

It's a no brainer. He gone if he's top 20. That said, I saw a mock draft on ESPN that had him down in the 30's. He'll be back if that's where it settles.

If the same Daniel Gafford shows up to end the season that showed up the first dozen games, and Saturday, he won’t be there in the 30s. If he becomes the Gafford we all know he has the potential to be, right now, and has two big games in the tournament, he’ll be a flashy name for the lottery.

There just aren’t that many 6’11 guys who run the floor, AND have good, traditional C footwork around the basket.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 07:46:13 AM »

same thought.   "motherfucker, that's his resume right there."

Offline Guardrail

• Boar
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »
That dunk was the nastiest one I've seen in quite a while

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »
Gafford should be able to play in the NBA because of running the floor.  If he wants to be successful though, he'll play one more year in college.  He's just now scoring with post up moves.  I know the argument that he can learn those in the NBA, but will he?  Look at Monk.  What was he supposed to learn in the NBA?

He needs to stay another year.  There are a LOT of guys that can do what he does at this point.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 12:00:42 PM »
Gafford should be able to play in the NBA because of running the floor.  If he wants to be successful though, he'll play one more year in college.  He's just now scoring with post up moves.  I know the argument that he can learn those in the NBA, but will he?  Look at Monk.  What was he supposed to learn in the NBA?

He needs to stay another year.  There are a LOT of guys that can do what he does at this point.

Just another reason why I HATE the NBA in general and the "one and done" rule in particular. It has literally killed the college game IMO.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 12:01:27 PM »

What was BJ Young supposed to learn in the NBA?

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »
Just another reason why I HATE the NBA in general and the "one and done" rule in particular. It has literally killed the college game IMO.

I think it's time to go back to the "none and done" rule, frankly. 

Offline kingofdequeen

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 01:09:59 PM »

:haironfire:

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 01:14:22 PM »

I think it's time to go back to the "none and done" rule, frankly.

I really wish they would but I don't see it happening any time in the near future.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 01:15:20 PM »

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 01:18:40 PM »
I really wish they would but I don't see it happening any time in the near future.

Of course, a return to the old rule really doesn't help college basketball, either.  The top high school players will start going straight to the NBA again, while everybody who goes to college will still be free to leave for the NBA at any time. 

If you really want to help college basketball, then you need a rule like baseball has.  You can go straight out of high school if you want, but if you got to college you have to stay "x" number of years before you're draft-eligible. 

That's not going to stop a player from leaving early to, say, play in Europe while they wait to become draft-eligible, but it would certainly help keep talent in college longer. 

That said, I don't think the NBA will ever impose such a rule.  In fact, I'm surprised baseball does. 

Online GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 02:06:56 PM »

Of course, a return to the old rule really doesn't help college basketball, either.  The top high school players will start going straight to the NBA again, while everybody who goes to college will still be free to leave for the NBA at any time. 

If you really want to help college basketball, then you need a rule like baseball has.  You can go straight out of high school if you want, but if you got to college you have to stay "x" number of years before you're draft-eligible. 

That's not going to stop a player from leaving early to, say, play in Europe while they wait to become draft-eligible, but it would certainly help keep talent in college longer. 

That said, I don't think the NBA will ever impose such a rule.  In fact, I'm surprised baseball does. 

Just wait until the BBB league materializes

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 02:16:29 PM »
My advice to Gafford is -- and would always be -- to go get paid.
There are a multitude of things that can happen between now and the 2020 NBA Draft (or beyond) and only one of those things includes him getting paid to play ball and work on his game freely without distractions of classes or arbitrary practice limitations.

It would be awesome if he stayed, but if he is a first round type NBA prospect,  it would also be extremely risky on his part.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 04:07:44 PM »

That makes perfect sense.  A gun trumps a tire iron every time.  It's like playing paper, gun, tire iron.

:thumbup: