Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Dental Hygienist Position  (Read 270 times)

Offline mr.zorak

• Curator of Crapola
  • Boar
  • keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
Dental Hygienist Position
« on: March 16, 2018, 11:05:55 AM »
My daughter just got her dental hygienist license and is looking to get started.  Willing to move if needed.  If anyone has a lead on a job please let me know.  Thanks.

"Almost always in the top 5 dooshapalooza rankings."

frick that i want the, fresh as a whistle

Offline FNG

• Boar
  • Just Passing Through
Re: Dental Hygienist Position
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:23:19 AM »
Finding a full time gig is difficult right now. One of my daughters graduated 5 years ago out here in Virginia and worked as a temp for a year before finding a full time job in Dallas. She moved back here last summer and is still finding only temp work.

The good news is that temp work can actually keep a DH regularly employed and most employers will only fill a full time position with someone with work experience; the bad news is schedule uncertainty and no full time benefits.

Offline mr.zorak

• Curator of Crapola
  • Boar
  • keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 09:24:57 AM »
Finding a full time gig is difficult right now. One of my daughters graduated 5 years ago out here in Virginia and worked as a temp for a year before finding a full time job in Dallas. She moved back here last summer and is still finding only temp work.

The good news is that temp work can actually keep a DH regularly employed and most employers will only fill a full time position with someone with work experience; the bad news is schedule uncertainty and no full time benefits.

Yeah, there are a few jobs in Middle and East Tn.  Problem is that they want experience.  She has a good friend in Dallas and has visited out there several times.  She graduated a year before her and says she can probably get on out there.   My brother is taking her to the Middle TN dental association meeting in a few weeks and will help her circulate her CV there.  Hopefully we can find her something.

Thanks!

"Almost always in the top 5 dooshapalooza rankings."

frick that i want the, fresh as a whistle

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 09:58:35 AM »

Wife was an assistant for many years.  No full time benefits is not that unusual even when you become full time.  With the exception of D & P (or so I've heard) most dentist are low-lives and assume their young staff are theirs to exploited as they see fit.