Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The 2018 MLB Season Thread  (Read 12659 times)

Online Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
Re: The 2018 MLB Season Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
Most of my hatred of teams usually has to do with how their fans act.

Hence my hatred of the Cardinals. 

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2018, 12:46:38 PM »
I've always been a fan of Molina, even though I'm not a fan of the Cardinals.  This crap has me re-thinking that.

Had he not had the serious injury, and I wouldn't wish the 102 MPH baseball to the crotch on anybody, I feel like he probably should have seen some suspension time for this.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/992849844506120192

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2018, 01:20:43 PM »
I've always been a fan of Molina, even though I'm not a fan of the Cardinals.  This crap has me re-thinking that.

Had he not had the serious injury, and I wouldn't wish the 102 MPH baseball to the crotch on anybody, I feel like he probably should have seen some suspension time for this.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/992849844506120192

I’ve got some great bottom land for sale between VB and Fort Smith. You interested?

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2018, 09:37:01 PM »
Fuck the Yankees. 

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2018, 09:40:11 PM »
Fuck the Yankees.

Now that's a sentiment that can bring us all together.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2018, 01:06:08 PM »
I’ve got some great bottom land for sale between VB and Fort Smith. You interested?

And this means what?  You seem to be saying that Yadi is incapable of doing something wrong because he's a Cardinal?  Your blinders are covering more than your peripheral vision it seems. 

Yadi is right near the top of greatest catchers ever.  He may not be the best, but it doesn't take long to to call the roll he's in.  If he accidentally let the bat go and it almost hit the pitcher, he definitely deserves the benefit of a doubt.  Had this been Willson Contreras letting the bat go, I'm thinking this board would not be happy until he was suspended for a season. 

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2018, 01:14:45 PM »
And this means what?  You seem to be saying that Yadi is incapable of doing something wrong because he's a Cardinal?  Your blinders are covering more than your peripheral vision it seems. 

Yadi is right near the top of greatest catchers ever.  He may not be the best, but it doesn't take long to to call the roll he's in.  If he accidentally let the bat go and it almost hit the pitcher, he definitely deserves the benefit of a doubt.  Had this been Willson Contreras letting the bat go, I'm thinking this board would not be happy until he was suspended for a season.

It  means it was obviously not done intentionally. If it were I PROMISE you both benches would have cleared. Even the guy who posted it said he was "just trolling Cardinal fans". Besides, your guys got him back by putting him on the DL for a month anyway. ::)

Offline Nolapigz

• King of the Hogs
  • Die hipster, die.
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2018, 08:16:54 PM »
It  means it was obviously not done intentionally. If it were I PROMISE you both benches would have cleared. Even the guy who posted it said he was "just trolling Cardinal fans". Besides, your guys got him back by putting him on the DL for a month anyway. ::)
Yadi is a HOF’er in my book, but c’mon, the dude has a history of letting go of his bat on his backswing, and not just against the Cubs.  Call it dirty or old school, whatever, but the guy has done it for years.

"Cause I just came here trying to be real. . .be as genuine as possible. . .and you know real recognize real."

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2018, 09:25:51 AM »
Yadi is a HOF’er in my book, but c’mon, the dude has a history of letting go of his bat on his backswing, and not just against the Cubs.  Call it dirty or old school, whatever, but the guy has done it for years.

I've literally never heard this criticism of Yadi.
Now it's something that he has a history of doing and it's "dirty or old school?"

It was a twitter troll job.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2018, 09:38:09 AM »
Yadi is a thug.

"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Wild Hog
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2018, 09:50:55 AM »

Actually, I don't remember who the batter was, but by foul tipping it, maybe he slowed the 102 MPH down a bit, and saved Yadi's life.  Of course, had he not foul tipped it Yadi probably catches the ball in his mitt.  Butterfly effect?

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2018, 10:03:00 AM »
Yadi is a thug.

Boy is that rich coming from you.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2018, 10:04:42 AM »
Boy is that rich coming from you.
He's trolling just like that twitter post was.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2018, 10:11:49 AM »
Thug for sure

"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2018, 07:45:10 AM »
Thug for sure

but if he is a thug he is our thug so he is as good as :angel:

Hey this is modern sports, hasn't raped or killed anybody that we know of so he is good to go

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • The sweetest nectar
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2018, 09:03:32 AM »
If testosterone is a contributing factor, he's now only half the thug he used to be.

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2018, 06:20:25 PM »
Crap, Cards lost 2 to one of the unending string of shitty teams on their schedule.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2018, 10:17:48 AM »
Crap, Cards lost 2 to one of the unending string of shitty teams on their schedule.
Cards can't beat anyone consistently outside of the Reds and apparently the Cubs.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »
Cards can't beat anyone consistently outside of the Reds and apparently the Cubs.

Speaking of the Reds. I'm glad I'm not a Dodger fan right now. Reds just went into LA and swept them 4 straight. OUCH! Paaaaaaaathetic! Weren't they supposed to be WS contenders this year? YEEEESH!

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2018, 01:35:21 PM »
Speaking of the Reds. I'm glad I'm not a Dodger fan right now. Reds just went into LA and swept them 4 straight. OUCH! Paaaaaaaathetic! Weren't they supposed to be WS contenders this year? YEEEESH!
Injuries have put the Dodgers in a really, really bad place and that series is still a shocker.
The Reds are much worse than people thought they were.

The NL Central can probably get both wildcards because of the Reds being so bad.

Online USAFHawg

• Boar
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2018, 12:47:25 PM »
Actually, I don't remember who the batter was, but by foul tipping it, maybe he slowed the 102 MPH down a bit, and saved Yadi's life.  Of course, had he not foul tipped it Yadi probably catches the ball in his mitt.  Butterfly effect?

Pet peeve time -

By definition, a foul tip is a ball that goes sharply and directly to the catcher's glove or hand. This was a foul ball (both literally and figuratively).

Offline Ray Zorback

• RMPL co-ordinator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
Cano gone 80 games. Plenty of time for the hand to heal.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23512723/robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-suspended-80-games-violating-joint-drug-agreement
Cano tested positive for the diuretic furosemide, which violates the MLB's drug prevention and treatment program. He said he would accept the suspension, which begins immediately.

"Recently I learned that I tested positive for a substance called Furosemide, which is not a performance enhancing substance," Cano said in a statement released by the MLB Players Association. "... For more than 15 years, playing professional baseball has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life. I would never do anything to cheat the rules of the game that I love, and after undergoing dozens of drug tests over more than a decade, I have never tested positive for a performance enhancing substance for the simple reason that I have never taken one."

Under MLB's drug policy, a player is not automatically suspended for use of a diuretic unless MLB can prove he intended to use it as a masking agent.

Offline HogNrock

• Boar
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »
Pet peeve time -

By definition, a foul tip is a ball that goes sharply and directly to the catcher's glove or hand. This was a foul ball (both literally and figuratively).

To be fair, this one got the tip, shaft, balls and anything else in that general vicinity.  I physically cringed when I saw the video.

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2018, 04:28:09 PM »
Cano gone 80 games. Plenty of time for the hand to heal.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23512723/robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-suspended-80-games-violating-joint-drug-agreement
Cano tested positive for the diuretic furosemide, which violates the MLB's drug prevention and treatment program. He said he would accept the suspension, which begins immediately.

"Recently I learned that I tested positive for a substance called Furosemide, which is not a performance enhancing substance," Cano said in a statement released by the MLB Players Association. "... For more than 15 years, playing professional baseball has been the greatest honor and privilege of my life. I would never do anything to cheat the rules of the game that I love, and after undergoing dozens of drug tests over more than a decade, I have never tested positive for a performance enhancing substance for the simple reason that I have never taken one."

Under MLB's drug policy, a player is not automatically suspended for use of a diuretic unless MLB can prove he intended to use it as a masking agent.

I take furosemide and can confirm it's not a ped (at least not for me).  I can see how it might be used as a masking agent, though.

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.