Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Any Idea Where We Stand With Overall Football Scholarships?  (Read 4042 times)

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
Any Idea Where We Stand With Overall Football Scholarships?
« on: March 26, 2018, 11:13:03 PM »
I read a couple of weeks ago that we were still about five over the limit and still waiting to hear about Kevin Richardson. So that might be six. The article said "these things work themselves out". Well, who's going to get worked out...or has already and I just haven't been paying attention the last few days.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
Re: Any Idea Where We Stand With Overall Football Scholarships?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 07:19:21 AM »
With the guaranteed scholarship rules it is much more difficult to process a player.  If the kid stands his ground and says he doesn’t want to leave, there isn’t anything you can do.

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
There will be transfers.

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 04:56:44 PM »
With the guaranteed scholarship rules it is much more difficult to process a player.  If the kid stands his ground and says he doesn’t want to leave, there isn’t anything you can do.

Agree with this and you are right, but most kids want to play. I'd say the vast majority of players that are told they are going to sit the bench with zero chance to play will transfer. Even if given the clear option of being part of the team with free school.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 08:30:33 PM »
So now that's sussed out.....who do we think is going to go?

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 10:42:51 PM »
So now that's sussed out.....who do we think is going to go?

Some lineman. At least one RB. Maybe a qb. The Spring Game will root them out.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »
Some lineman. At least one RB. Maybe a qb. The Spring Game will root them out.

i wouldn't be too shocked if the rb's name rhymes with schmevwah schmaley.  he lost a few steps between his fr and so years due to body by herb no doubt.  this new offensive scheme to get the ball to speed in space does not suit him near as well as guys whose names rhyme with schmayden, schmarkley, and schmammonds.  wouldn't surprise me at all if schmaley is the odd man out in the depth chart.

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »
Biddy said last week we are 3 over.

AYFSM?

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • What Kate Does...to me.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 10:08:24 PM »
i wouldn't be too shocked if the rb's name rhymes with schmevwah schmaley.  he lost a few steps between his fr and so years due to body by herb no doubt.  this new offensive scheme to get the ball to speed in space does not suit him near as well as guys whose names rhyme with schmayden, schmarkley, and schmammonds.  wouldn't surprise me at all if schmaley is the odd man out in the depth chart.

Whaley looked pretty good in the screen game against Florida a couple years ago. I recently watched those highlights again.  I'd be surprised, nay, shocked, if he goes.

Online Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 06:13:22 AM »
Given our plentiful amount of TEs and a couple fullbacks I would think maybe we could see a defection there.

A QB could leave. Story to BFE ARK school? The spring game may reveal some things like who plays and who doesn’t or may just reveal who sucks balls.

Maybe a lineman that hasn’t gotten up to speed...someone like Malone who never got on track. Malone maybe a senior transfer?

We also have a few linebackers that were well regarded prospects that have never seen the light of day at UA.

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 09:49:40 AM »
How are we over on scholarships when we’ve had several classes that we didn’t sign our limit?

<--- I'm with him

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
How are we over on scholarships when we’ve had several classes that we didn’t sign our limit?

Because we handed out 27 scholarships to walk ons. 

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 10:55:22 AM »

Genus

<--- I'm with him

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 12:04:41 PM »

It's a wonder that we sucked so bad last year.

Offline ElvisHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/live-updates-arkansas-coach-chad-morris-discusses-end-of-spring-practice

Morris is anticipating some attrition from the roster now that spring practice has closed. He says that’s only natural, especially in the case of a coaching change.
Arkansas had several players this spring that had to spend time in the academic center to get “things straightened out,” Morris says. “If you’re going to come play for me, you’re going to graduate.” A few players also had to miss practices due to class.

If any of the football players involved in that fracas are borderline, they'll be gone.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
I'm surprised we haven't seen much, but I expect to see plenty of turnover soon and heading into the summer.
Any coaching change will see this... especially ones involving such a change in philosophy.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Rob aka Hobo

• Back from the Dead
  • A Shoat
  • I've saved up two years worth of ellipses.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 10:00:15 AM »
I would expect a few WR's to be told to move on.  We have too many.  1 QB probably goes(my guess is Hyatt).

Offline hit_that_line

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 10:43:02 AM »
Jordan Jones has gotten lost in the shuffle. Boateng will never play. Barkley will never play. Two involved in the fight are backup Lb’s. I see at least a dozen that need to go.

"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »

NO DOOVAH WALLEY?!?!? Say it ain’t so Eddie!

Offline Doc

• A Shoat
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 01:43:36 PM »
I've seen in several places that Devwah is RB1 right now. Not going anywhere. Coaches even talked him up during an interview at one point. He's lost weight and apparently regained that burst we saw from him as a freshman. I just hope he's gotten over his propensity to fall down the moment he's touched.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 04:08:38 PM »
I've seen in several places that Devwah is RB1 right now. Not going anywhere. Coaches even talked him up during an interview at one point. He's lost weight and apparently regained that burst we saw from him as a freshman. I just hope he's gotten over his propensity to fall down the moment he's touched.
That's better than running out of bounds to avoid contact a'la Dedric Poole.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »
Jordan Jones has gotten lost in the shuffle. Boateng will never play. Barkley will never play. Two involved in the fight are backup Lb’s. I see at least a dozen that need to go.
There's a lot of our speed, so I hope you're wrong as usual.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline Rob aka Hobo

• Back from the Dead
  • A Shoat
  • I've saved up two years worth of ellipses.
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 10:59:41 AM »
No real surprise.  Gragg is transferring.  Never saw the field and didn't play in the spring game

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/apr/13/will-gragg-transferring-arkansas/

Offline authorhawgerelli

• A Shoat
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »

Whaley is definitely the #1 RB right now based on his ability to run the ball and block.  There will always be lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth when Hammonds only gets minimal touches.  He still has to improve as a blocker.  He is improving.  He will get many more touches in this offense, as well as Chase Hayden and Maleek Williams.  The problem with our running backs is the question of what to do with the fullbacks.  This spring they were given a chance to prove they could contribute still out of the backfield.  Possibly, they will be moved to LB, or TE.  Seems to me we have plenty of TE's, so I think they'll be moved to the defense.

Online VegasHog

• Boar
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 01:40:12 PM »
actually gragg did play in the spring game. his highlight was being the tight end that didn't go into motion on one of the plays craddick was calling on the air.