Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Hogs at Ole Miss 3/29-31 (Thu-Sat)  (Read 5573 times)

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
Re: Hogs at Ole Miss 3/29-31 (Thu-Sat)
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2018, 04:38:46 PM »
Wow

<--- I'm with him

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
  • Member #1 - Chad Morris Darksider Club (12/4/17)
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2018, 04:39:10 PM »
Here we come!!

Down to our last 3 outs.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:52:55 PM by bleedinred »

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2018, 04:56:50 PM »
bonfield doubles, fletcher pops out to 3rd

let's go

Haters gonna hate

Offline bleedinred

• Boar
  • Member #1 - Chad Morris Darksider Club (12/4/17)
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »
Get the tying run to 2nd with no outs and can’t get him across.  :suicide:

Fuck, being a Razorback fan sucks.

Offline Cobbler

• Wild Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2018, 05:02:45 PM »
Three of our four conference losses have been by a run. Granted all have been on the road, but it's pretty frustrating and disappointing when we keep letting these games slip away.

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2018, 05:02:56 PM »
2 pretty evenly matched teams. But fuck Ole Miss.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Online BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
  • Billy Mays For President?
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2018, 05:16:33 PM »
I was gonna say step away from the edge but some of you mother fuckers need to jump. We are an excellent team. Three one run road losses to the numbers 2 and 4 teams where we left a ton of runners on and probably could have won all three with a ball rolling our way.
If our defense would play better we'd be an elite team. We are a legit top 5 ball club right now with our flaws, hopefully we get our shit together and win the CWS this year, I expect them to be there and I think everyone else who isn't being a bleeding gash does too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2018, 05:24:25 PM »
Score/inning?

Offline Snortingred1

• Tush Hog
  • Slightly above average common sense...slightly.
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2018, 05:31:05 PM »
It's just really disheartening to see how bad pitching has been.  Outside of Cronin and Knight, who can really keep it buttoned down?

"What was it that Noam Chomsky said about BJ's?" -Zack Galifianakis

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • What Kate Does...to me.
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2018, 05:38:15 PM »

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »
I was gonna say step away from the edge but some of you mother fuckers need to jump. We are an excellent team. Three one run road losses to the numbers 2 and 4 teams where we left a ton of runners on and probably could have won all three with a ball rolling our way.
If our defense would play better we'd be an elite team. We are a legit top 5 ball club right now with our flaws, hopefully we get our shit together and win the CWS this year, I expect them to be there and I think everyone else who isn't being a bleeding gash does too.

Right on the money.

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2018, 06:14:03 PM »
Right on the money.

Glad to see some level heads around here. I don't know a ton about baseball but know enough that 5-4 against three top 5-type teams is pretty damn good. And two of those series were on the road.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2018, 06:30:16 PM »

Fuck yeah!

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »

I agree that we are a pretty damn good team, but the number of runners left on base is astounding! We are probably middle to bottom half of the league in batting average with runners in scoring position. Also, outside of Knight, nobody else has stepped up and taken it to the next level. And, our defense just isn't great. We make some really boneheaded mistakes. I'm not a bleeding gash but, I'm not a Razorback Rose Colored Glasses guy either. We have our faults, and if we can fix those, holy shit! We could be totally awesome.

We really need to kick some ass over these next 9 at home.

Sent from my 1999 Star-Tac via Tapatalk

Online BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2018, 07:36:16 PM »
I agree that we are a pretty damn good team, but the number of runners left on base is astounding! We are probably middle to bottom half of the league in batting average with runners in scoring position. Also, outside of Knight, nobody else has stepped up and taken it to the next level. And, our defense just isn't great. We make some really boneheaded mistakes. I'm not a bleeding gash but, I'm not a Razorback Rose Colored Glasses guy either. We have our faults, and if we can fix those, holy shit! We could be totally awesome.

We really need to kick some ass over these next 9 at home.

I think our problems can be fixed (I think you undervalue our pitching, we  have some young power arms that should only improve as the season goes on) defensive errors are mostly mental mistakes, which can be fixed. If Campbell gets his shit together we're a legit top 3 team, as it is, I still think we're top 5 or 6. Where would you rank us right now? I'd hope still top 10.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2018, 08:02:16 PM »
I think our problems can be fixed (I think you undervalue our pitching, we  have some young power arms that should only improve as the season goes on) defensive errors are mostly mental mistakes, which can be fixed. If Campbell gets his shit together we're a legit top 3 team, as it is, I still think we're top 5 or 6. Where would you rank us right now? I'd hope still top 10.
Actually, it's pretty funny. While listening to the game in about the fourth inning when we gave up so many runs on errors and just not playing well, I told my wife we are not a top-10 team right now! The comeback was pretty awesome. And I really should judge the team on the full game not just a couple of innings. But yes I would say we're a top-10 team.

Sent from my 1999 Star-Tac via Tapatalk

Offline hogfan58

• Nothing that's out there that's not correctable - Bert
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »
Wasn't leaving lots of runners on base our problem last year as well?

"Florida is kind of the new Ole Miss. They're doing some things in recruiting that kind of shock you a little bit" ~~ Bret Bielema, NSD 2016

Offline BigTrail

• jellyfish island
  • Tush Hog
  • Woo Pig
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2018, 10:14:34 PM »
I hate getting beat on the ole miss network.

Carry a big stick and leave a big trail

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2018, 10:58:40 PM »
All the pieces are there but the defense has to improve, it is frustrating because it happens on what should be routine plays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haters gonna hate

Online BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »
All the pieces are there but the defense has to improve, it is frustrating because it happens on what should be routine plays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
True, if Biggers turns 2 instead of booting we give up what, 1 run in that inning?

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2018, 09:50:25 AM »
I think we will be fine. We have a couple of starting pitchers hurt right now, and we make a few errors. We just played some very good teams and held our own. It seems like we press too hard when we have runners in scoring position. I think the small problems we have can be corrected and as long as our bats stay hot, we will be fine. We just needed everything to come together at the same time during these series and unfortunately they didn't. We really need our pitchers, other than Knight and Cronin, to come around. We need to get several innings out of our bullpen. But, there is a lot of baseball to be played, and I think we will be OK.

The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »
We had plenty of chances to win both games.  Walks and errs killed us. If we can get Campbell and McKinney on track, Murphy can go back to being the guy that calms the storm if starting pitching struggles. That move alone solves a lot of problems. Kopps would have helped in middle relief as well. I was hoping Riendl would step up but he has really struggled.

Enough can’t be said about the job Knight has done. Yet every commentator slobs over who he pitches against.

<--- I'm with him

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2018, 12:53:38 PM »
Wasn't leaving lots of runners on base our problem last year as well?
I would imagine most all baseball teams have this problem, unless the seldom have baserunners.  I would imagine that the better hitting teams would have, on average, more runners left on base.

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2018, 02:33:44 PM »
True, if Biggers turns 2 instead of booting we give up what, 1 run in that inning?

If he blocks it or knocks it down instead of ole’ing it, who knows?

Haters gonna hate

Online BrandonN004

• Wild Hog
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2018, 11:03:11 AM »
Stayed at 5 in the D1 baseball poll, dropped to 9 in Baseball America,