Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2018 Spring Game - Chock Full of Animals!!1!! LR 7billionz! NWA Jack SHIT!  (Read 25808 times)

Offline Razor B

• King of the Hogs
We’re not winning more than 6.

Y’all do this crazy shit every time we get a new coach.  You seem to forget, Petrino needed some miracle conversions to avoid starting his Arkansas career 0-2 against W Illinois and ULM.

Petrino had a mutiny with Nutt players.  They threw that Kentucky game.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
Ferret Top is now telling this story he has heard through several different sources he claims.  When Pittman left it was no secret that he and. Set parted acrimoniously and Bert did quite a lot of bitching about him.  It seems that he did so much bitching that when he was calling around looking for his replacement that he would continue to bitch about Pittman.  Eventually he worked around to calling Rex Ryan and not realizing that Ryan was friends with Pittman, bitched quite a lot to Ryan.  At that point, Ryan saw an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and rid himself of a dud assistant and fuck over Bert.  So, he recommended the hell out of his morbidly obese assistant to the offensive line coach who was clearly a dud, and what do you know, Bert hired him.

Somehow I don't doubt that story one bit.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
I'm in the "should be 6-6 camp" which I thought made me an optimist. Hard for me to see .500 in the SEC.

this is where i'm at

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
Somehow I don't doubt that story one bit.

me either

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
Ferret Top is now telling this story he has heard through several different sources he claims.  When Pittman left it was no secret that he and. Set parted acrimoniously and Bert did quite a lot of bitching about him.  It seems that he did so much bitching that when he was calling around looking for his replacement that he would continue to bitch about Pittman.  Eventually he worked around to calling Rex Ryan and not realizing that Ryan was friends with Pittman, bitched quite a lot to Ryan.  At that point, Ryan saw an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and rid himself of a dud assistant and fuck over Bert.  So, he recommended the hell out of his morbidly obese assistant to the offensive line coach who was clearly a dud, and what do you know, Bert hired him.
On cue as always, that he would post this after Donuts is gone, not while at Arkansas.

Typical Arkansas sports media not doing what other cognizant sports media do in their jobs daily.

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
On cue as always, that he would post this after Donuts is gone, not while at Arkansas.

Typical Arkansas sports media not doing what other cognizant sports media do in their jobs daily.
Report that while BB is here and watch yourself get blackballed out of getting close to any interview or info. THAT'S why nobody reports stuff like that while coaches are still here. It's not difficult to figure out. You'd do the same thing if you were in the media....either that or you'd report it and never have another scoop ever.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
Three parts of that story ring true.  The first is that Bert didn’t know when to shut his mouth and bitched like a schoolboy stood up at the prom to anyone who would pretend to listen.  Hell, we all heard it ourselves in several press conferences.  The second is that Rex Ryan is a big enough dick to fuck someone intentionally and good and hard if he thought they deserved it.  And finally, Anderson was a complete dud.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
Report that while BB is here and watch yourself get blackballed out of getting close to any interview or info. THAT'S why nobody reports stuff like that while coaches are still here. It's not difficult to figure out. You'd do the same thing if you were in the media....either that or you'd report it and never have another scoop ever.

This.  These guys are not in the business of being the Woodward and Bernstein of sports.  Their command from their editors is to get access and find ways to leverage it for the right kind of scoops, stories and insight to gain eyeballs to sell ads.  This is what folsk at ESPN and SI dont get anymore...folks watch sports to get some escape from the issues of their jobs and life; leave the SJW noise somewhere else. 

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • King of the Hogs
  • Longtime Fan of Roger E. Mosley
Rex Ryan was probably so aroused as Bert put his foot in his mouth that he couldn't have devised a plan that diabolical. 

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Sex, like Duct Tape, fixes everything.
Yeah, well, sometimes you have to take risks in life, Wally does not.

Offline jsimp

• Boar
the fact that bert did not get a non compete clause in pittmans contract told me that he was over his head and had no clue the cut throat nature of this league. unless he tried to get one in and pittman wouldn't go for it. somehow I doubt it. I still cant believe jeff long gave that idiot the keys to the football program

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
Ferret Top is now telling this story he has heard through several different sources he claims.  When Pittman left it was no secret that he and Bert parted acrimoniously and Bert did quite a lot of bitching about him.  It seems that he did so much bitching that when he was calling around looking for his replacement that he would continue to bitch about Pittman.  Eventually he worked around to calling Rex Ryan and not realizing that Ryan was friends with Pittman, bitched quite a lot to Ryan.  At that point, Ryan saw an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and rid himself of a dud assistant and fuck over Bert.  So, he recommended the hell out of his morbidly obese assistant to the offensive line coach who was clearly a dud, and what do you know, Bert hired him.

The only thing I question is that he knew Markuson was a dud and fired him after what, like 3 days?  Yet he kept Anderson who was a dud for way too long.  Not that it couldn't have happened like that, but I'm half baked skeptical.

If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
The only thing I question is that he knew Markuson was a dud and fired him after what, like 3 days?  Yet he kept Anderson who was a dud for way too long.  Not that it couldn't have happened like that, but I'm half baked skeptical.

Psssst.... Father Barry figured that out about Markuson and laid down the law to Bert.

Here we found out (too late) how Blubbery Bert functioned without a safety net.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:18:44 PM by Hogeye_Pierce »

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
In hindsight they would have been better off hiring the OL assistant at the time. Mateos who is rockin it out at Texas State these days or just hiring a OL coach befitting of a SEC program that depends greatly on the running game/pro style.

My thinking is 6-6 is doable based on my gut feelings at the present time. I don't think we really saw anywhere near the finished product last weekend. I think we will look a lot different come Sept. I don't necessarily think we are going to miracle some speed on the roster between now and August which means we really really need to manufacture some creativity and run some fat asses into shape.

Here is some reality for you though. You could argue that when Petrino took over the roster was about where it's at now talent wise. I know people will argue that one way or the next. We probably had some better speed either already there or in the incoming class that year. We played a lot of young guys that first year under Petrino. Morris is coming in finding a roster that had a lot of young guys play the year before (in a suck for Luck year) and a smattering of holdovers that haven't seen good coaching. For some of the older guys their crowning achievement has been coughing up huge leads or falling down to avoid contact (Auburn/Alabama)

I think they are similiar situations and may be similar results. Coming into that year with Petrino I don't think anyone gave Casey Dick a chance as a passer, but he did better than expected. It was really the defense that sucked taint as I recall. The same could be true this time around, but I am halfway optimistic that we will have a starting rotation of defensive players that aren't going to be terrible barring injuries. Up front we might get handled, but I think we will have some quickness on the edges and have a couple linebacker that have played a lot of football. Our corners will be pretty decent. If we can hold teams to like 24 points or something we may have a shot at winning some games.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
If you think Rex Ryan is sensible and calm enough to devise a plan that sinister, you're out of your gourd.

All of that might be true except for that part. No way is Rex Ryan blowing smoke up some one's ass and playing a long game in fucking someone over. He's programmed to just tell you to fuck off.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
If you think Rex Ryan is sensible and calm enough to devise a plan that sinister, you're out of your gourd.

All of that might be true except for that part. No way is Rex Ryan blowing smoke up some one's ass and playing a long game in fucking someone over. He's programmed to just tell you to fuck off.

I don't think it's in question that somehow Bert was put in touch with Rex Ryan or his people. It may also be that Kurt Anderson put in for the job and Bert contacted Rex to get a no bullshit assessement. I'm sure Bert placed a lot of trust in what Rex Ryan thought which may not have been the best thing to do. Remember at this point Bert could do no wrong hiring assistants despite a high turnover of his staff in a relative short period of time. Bert also liked to run his mouth. It stands to reason his state of mind at that time wasn't good in respect to assistants leaving no matter how it was spun. So it wouldn't surprise me one bit that Bert was crying crododile tears about Pittman leaving him with a tub of shit. At any rate I have trouble seeing that Ryan purposedly jammed Bert with a guy he knew wasn't up for the gig. Bert hired a non-recruiting inexperienced OL coach to an SEC program and got exactly the kind of results one might expect from that.

Context is also important here. Sam Pittman (like many assistants) has been very nomatic either by choice or involuntarily. He was part of the UNC bag man staff (black santa). He was part of the OU bag man staff (black santa). He's coached at Tennessee with the other fat bastard and now at Georgia. He's been at KU, MU, and whatever. My point being...it shouldn't have been such a huge shock that the guy was subject to leaving after a few years. He did exactly that. Bert's inability to plan around these kinds of things are very telling of what kind of front man he was for the program.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
I remember after Petrino's first spring he claimed Dick was going to be fine. He said nobody had ever taught him any footwork.

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
Three parts of that story ring true.  The first is that Bert didn’t know when to shut his mouth and bitched like a schoolboy stood up at the prom to anyone who would pretend to listen.  Hell, we all heard it ourselves in several press conferences.  The second is that Rex Ryan is a big enough dick to fuck someone intentionally and good and hard if he thought they deserved it.  And finally, Anderson was a complete dud.
And fourth, Pittman is one of the top assistants in the nation. Kids love him(good recruiter) and will play hard for him(good dude/coach). Everything went to shit after he quit(trying). Every decent assistant bailed on Bert pretty early. We got worse as we moved deeper into his assistant hires. The teams with the best assistants usually win. 

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
Until we see a respectable QB and that this team is in shape to run 4 quarters in hot early September, I'm not expecting anything much more than 4 wins this season.  If they are in shape and we see a QB that can do more than step on his dick then we might get to 6.  The leftovers reflect the coach they signed with, a fat slovenly lazy fucker.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
Context is also important here. Sam Pittman (like many assistants) has been very nomatic either by choice or involuntarily. He was part of the UNC bag man staff (black santa). He was part of the OU bag man staff (black santa). He's coached at Tennessee with the other fat bastard and now at Georgia. He's been at KU, MU, and whatever. My point being...it shouldn't have been such a huge shock that the guy was subject to leaving after a few years. He did exactly that. Bert's inability to plan around these kinds of things are very telling of what kind of front man he was for the program.

The thing about Pittman is that he's from Oklahoma, grew up a Razorback fan of sorts, came to the football camps and after he got hired he told the story about how he told his wife that Arkansas was the place he always wanted to get to. But shit went really sour as he wasn't going to hang around any longer than he had to.

Then he goes to Georgia and they have a good coach and great recruiter on staff. Arkansas needs more of those. Georgia has enough. But Bielema fucked it up.

Offline mde114

• Boar
I just want to see guys not quit. Bert made it easy for these guys to ease up whenever they got beat on a play or felt tired. Going to be tough to get the quitter out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
2018 Spring Game - Chock Full of Animals!!1!! LR 7billionz! NWA Jack SHIT!
« Reply #296 on: April 12, 2018, 07:04:35 PM »
The thing about Pittman is that he's from Oklahoma, grew up a Razorback fan of sorts, came to the football camps and after he got hired he told the story about how he told his wife that Arkansas was the place he always wanted to get to. But shit went really sour as he wasn't going to hang around any longer than he had to.

Then he goes to Georgia and they have a good coach and great recruiter on staff. Arkansas needs more of those. Georgia has enough. But Bielema fucked it up.

Remember he turned down Saban after his first year here and cited his mom in okie telling him to honor his word.
Obviously it got to the point after Chaney left he was looking for the first train out of town.

Remember donuts said Sam told him he didn’t need a non-compete and he fell for it. Probably doesn’t have a prenup either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:08:55 PM by DrMongoose »
Haters gonna hate

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!

Remember he turned down Saban after his first year here and cited his mom in okie telling him to honor his word.
Obviously it got to the point after Chaney left he was looking for the first train out of town.

Haters gonna hate

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs

Remember donuts said Sam told him he didn’t need a non-compete and he fell for it. Probably doesn’t have a prenup either

I was a big Bert fan, but this shit makes me smile. Stupid Yankee.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
Yeah, well, sometimes you have to take risks in life, Wally does not.

It's a risk for Wally just to try to get on a roller coaster.