Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2018 Spring Game - Chock Full of Animals!!1!! LR 7billionz! NWA Jack SHIT!  (Read 12639 times)

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
The bitching may stem from his less than stellar Spring game performance.
We've all watched the kid kick in a real game. I'm not worried about a couple kicks in a practice game in April.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage

Forgive us for discussing the prospects for the football season in the spring football thread.  Or, God forbid, placing reasonable and realistic expectations on a football coach.

I'm all for reasonable expectations and wanting to win 5 -7 games, but this "if we don't win six, we've hired the wrong guy" shit is not reasonable nor realistic. It's positioning yourself for welching on supporting a coaching hire.

Maybe that's fun for some folks, but I just don't see the point in trying to be the first off the bus.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
Surely he’s wearing that ironically. Like someone rocking a Leaf jersey.

Offline Filthy_McSwine

• Boar
I'm going to give the guy a couple of years; this shit is gonna take some time.  Next year might be ugly.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar

I'm all for reasonable expectations and wanting to win 5 -7 games, but this "if we don't win six, we've hired the wrong guy" shit is not reasonable nor realistic. It's positioning yourself for welching on supporting a coaching hire.

Maybe that's fun for some folks, but I just don't see the point in trying to be the first off the bus.

Morris gets a pass this year no matter what, same as Bielema does when we went 0-8 in conference his first season. It would be nice not to take a couple of 50 point ass beatings like we did at least once a season under Bielema.

Online VegasHog

• Boar
Morris gets a pass this year no matter what, same as Bielema does when we went 0-8 in conference his first season. It would be nice not to take a couple of 50 point ass beatings like we did at least once a season under Bielema.

i agree. imo the transition is greater than nutt-petrino and petrino - bielema.
where he has to earn his money is on the recruiting trail. we have one of the better in-state classes and from what i've read it's 50-50 on three of the top guys. it's early for sure, but for me he has to show some recruiting chops this year.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• I'm not drunk I'm just drinking
  • King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q

Good fucking lord... ::)

Manziel? I hope he was being ironical.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:27:02 PM by Tusk till Dawn »

Offline mde114

• Boar
Wouldn’t bother me if Mr. Kelly decided to seek other opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar

You want him to take his talents back to cajun country?

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • King of the Hogs

This is dumb. He ain't Matt Jones, but he is a big athletic kid that can get better throwing the ball and can help us win. He picked a stupid jersey to wear. He's a kid.

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
Surely he’s wearing that ironically. Like someone rocking a Leaf jersey.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand what ironically means.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline SpiderHam

• Boar
  • Jump Back, Kiss Myself!
I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand what can't say ironically means.

Offline mde114

• Boar
This is dumb. He ain't Matt Jones, but he is a big athletic kid that can get better throwing the ball and can help us win. He picked a stupid jersey to wear. He's a kid.

Not counting the DWI from last season...but he’s a kid.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
I’m surprised CM hasn’t disciplined Kelley over the DWI or dismissed him.  I don’t think he’s learned his lesson.  He looks like a big drunk goober there getting hauled out by security.

Online Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
Stop sucking Kelley's king kong cajun dick.  What superstar potential have we seen from him, other than being able to throw the ball over them there mountains swamps in high school?  I'd love for him to excel at Arkansas, but even Mallett spoke better English.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
Well then you need to work on your prose and phrasing some more because it reads like you'r halfway to forming a lynch mob already with this "Goober" and "at least 6 wins" talk.

I think your comprehension skills are the problem - not my writing ability, limited though it may be. 

And the same goes for you as well, apparently. 

As long as we don't go 0-8, I'll support the coach until he's had a few years to fully prove himself.  If he fails to win six this year, I'll do so with the sinking feeling that I may be backing a guy who won't ever get it done.  I have no desire to be Darksider 1.0 with Morris, and almost certainly won't be. 

None of that changes the fact that this year's Hog team should win six, based on the schedule and the relative strength of our conference opposition.  If we don't win that many (again, excepting the 0-8 scenario) that's no reason to jump ship regarding Morris, but it should be cause for concern. 

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
I prefer to not lay down on the ground and have a good bleed until we have to.

Some people can't help stabbing themselves about the future. We've been burned too many times.

Offline IH8LSU

• King of the Hogs
  • Puts Carts Where They Go
That looks like the SAE party. Campus cops trying to outdick the Fayetteville ones. Drunk at a spring frat party? Oh noes!!

This is going to be a great 4 years and possibly 8.  The amount of butthurt from the left is already at glorious levels.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
That looks like the SAE party. Campus cops trying to outdick the Fayetteville ones. Drunk at a spring frat party? Oh noes!!

"Who do you know here?"

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half

As long as we don't go 0-8, I'll support the coach until he's had a few years to fully prove himself.  If he fails to win six this year, I'll do so with the sinking feeling that I may be backing a guy who won't ever get it done.  I have no desire to be Darksider 1.0 with Morris, and almost certainly won't be. 

None of that changes the fact that this year's Hog team should win six, based on the schedule and the relative strength of our conference opposition.  If we don't win that many (again, excepting the 0-8 scenario) that's no reason to jump ship regarding Morris, but it should be cause for concern.

Exactly right. Coalboar just wants to stir the pot. Maybe he has nothing better to do?

It’s surprising to me how few people on this board knew that we were much better off going into ‘13 than we were in ‘08.  And we have as much talent on campus at this point than we did in ‘13 with a soft schedule.

Anyone wanting to give a free pass “no matter what” is dumb and will be proven to be wrong like all our geniuses were in 2013.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Ya mo be there?
"Who do you know here?"

your name isn't on the list.

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
Exactly right. Coalboar just wants to stir the pot. Maybe he has nothing better to do?

It’s surprising to me how few people on this board knew that we were much better off going into ‘13 than we were in ‘08.  And we have as much talent on campus at this point than we did in ‘13 with a soft schedule.

Anyone wanting to give a free pass “no matter what” is dumb and will be proven to be wrong like all our geniuses were in 2013.

So he doesn’t get a pass this year? If we have an awful year we fire our first year HC?

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
So he doesn’t get a pass this year? If we have an awful year we fire our first year HC?

That's my question about this too. Get real people. Even if he goes Ofer in the SEC this year he is still going to be around for one more year (barring unforeseen motorcycle accidents, etc.) That kind of talk is really pretty pointless. Gonna take a little while to weed out Bert's loafers.

Offline razorwire

• Boar
  • woopig.net 3.0
We've all watched the kid kick in a real game. I'm not worried about a couple kicks in a practice game in April.
Thanks.  I feel better now.

Online Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
Fuck free passes, these coaches get paid plenty so let them be judged accordingly. They were hired to get results. I don’t think most of us are really asking for the moon. Sure you have to let him do a few years before arriving to a conclusion. I think we can be “realistic” and understanding, but also have expectations that lean toward positive growth.

Bert more or less got judged off of his 2nd thru final year when if you lay in that first season it just looked like steaming pile of shit that it was.

That staff spent more time trying to explain away why they are so much worse than the Petrino years and patting themselves on the back for shit that happened in another conference 6-8 years ago. They were still playing the blame game right until the end.

I think you have to account for some program avg benchmarks here in that we should be a 3-5 wins in the SEC each year plus 3 to 4 non conference wins each year. Anything above that is jizz worthy. That’s what the program has basically been in the sec and it should be a fairly decent indicator of what we should expect on the mid to low end of the spectrum.

This “building for the future” is bullshit. We need to have a win now attitude...winning is the best deodorant and it’s all anyone ever remembers. I don’t want this cry in my beer youth movement shit where we tell ourselves it will be more better in two years. That may still be true but that doesn’t mean I want to have it openly accepted. We’ve been two years away for the last four already.