Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2018 Spring Game - Chock Full of Animals!!1!! LR 7billionz! NWA Jack SHIT!  (Read 25811 times)

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
Agree with what Animal said. You foster a winning culture by actually winning. I don't want to hear about how we are building it the right way and it takes time. I want to hear about how we won the game on Saturday. Get the best players on the field ready to win. Don't leave your playmaker on the bench because he doesn't know the plays. Don't play a hurt quarterback because you haven't prepared another to play. An automatic two year pass turns into a third and fourth year of we are so close that leads to a fifth year of realizing we aren't.

Who is going to disagree with any of this? All of this is stating the obvious. The point being made is no matter how disappointing next year ends up you don’t fire a guy after one season.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Tush Hog
Well, it’s looking likely we will lose 3 of the top 4 players in-state including a legacy.

Henry, Thomas, and Wilkins are about 50/50 on whether they come here, with plenty of recruiting time left. Not hardly in the "likely to lose" category.

Of course, coming from you, that makes me feel confident we will get them now.

You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
Pardon my grammEr.  I cannot fathom losing to any of them.

I could fathom us losing to any of them given the right (or wrong) circumstances. Especially Mizzou since beaten us 3 out of the last 4 years and it’s at Columbia. Hope it doesn’t happen but I sure wouldn’t be surprised by a loss in any of those games. Now if we lose ALL of them like Bert did then I would have to agree that the long-term prospects would be pretty bleak.

Offline Rick B.

• King of the Hogs

I could fathom us losing to any of them given the right (or wrong) circumstances. Especially Mizzou since beaten us 3 out of the last 4 years and it’s at Columbia. Hope it doesn’t happen but I sure wouldn’t be surprised by a loss in any of those games. Now if we lose ALL of them like Bert did then I would have to agree that the long-term prospects would be pretty bleak.

Hogeye, I think you're the prime example of the malaise that has set in with the fans thanks to the last 6 frustrating years.  I know that you are a rabid hog fan and I know how much you love the Hogs.  It's sad to me that Smile and Donuts sucked the life out of you.  I sure hope Morris rekindles that hope in you and so many others.  I guess I'm just a sucker for disappointment because I always hope for the best rather than expect the worst.  Lately, expecting the worst usually ends up in less heartbreak when it comes to Razorback sports. 

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
Hogeye, I think you're the prime example of the malaise that has set in with the fans thanks to the last 6 frustrating years.  I know that you are a rabid hog fan and I know how much you love the Hogs.  It's sad to me that Smile and Donuts sucked the life out of you.  I sure hope Morris rekindles that hope in you and so many others.  I guess I'm just a sucker for disappointment because I always hope for the best rather than expect the worst.  Lately, expecting the worst usually ends up in less heartbreak when it comes to Razorback sports.

You’re right. I really don’t expect anything out of this lot that’s on The Hill right now (player wise that is). Now if this coaching staff can coax 6 or more wins out of THIS steaming pile then you can color me impressed. Until then I’m just waiting and seeing.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
You’re right. I really don’t expect anything out of this lot that’s on The Hill right now (player wise that is). Now if this coaching staff can coax 6 or more wins out of THIS steaming pile then you can color me impressed. Until then I’m just waiting and seeing.

The talent is nowhere near as bad as you (and others) are making it out to be. 

Coaching has a lot more to do with how talented players look than most people think.  If those guys get even slightly below average coaching this year they should improve dramatically. 

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
And the same goes for you as well, apparently. 

As long as we don't go 0-8, I'll support the coach until he's had a few years to fully prove himself.  If he fails to win six this year, I'll do so with the sinking feeling that I may be backing a guy who won't ever get it done.  I have no desire to be Darksider 1.0 with Morris, and almost certainly won't be. 

None of that changes the fact that this year's Hog team should win six, based on the schedule and the relative strength of our conference opposition.  If we don't win that many (again, excepting the 0-8 scenario) that's no reason to jump ship regarding Morris, but it should be cause for concern.

The same goes for me?
I haven't said a word about 0-8 or anything of that nature.
I'm damn sure not setting the table for how I will cease supporting a coach before he has even coached a game here.

I'm not sure anything, outside of a string of major ass-whippings, in this first season is going to be indicative of anything. His time here is going to be made or broken on recruiting, as that and developing QB's is his big calling card. A few early results on the football field that don't go our way shouldn't affect that. Not in year 1, at least.

I want to see improvement throughout the season and I want to see encouraging results as the offense is fully implemented throughout the year.
That should translate to a handful of wins or more, but a lot of that is going to depend on how the early non-con games go and how the new defense works out in year 1.

I get the need to win games, I do. It's just tough to get over that hump immediately in year 1 in this league.
There's not much margin for error.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Likes doing hoodrat stuff with his friends.
  • King of the Hogs
I just cannot fathom us losing to Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, and Missouri.

What's funny is their fans probably can't fathom losing to us.

I think some of you have a very inflated opinion of the talent on this team.

"Lemme guess.. when you shake hands you offer a FIRM grip don't you.. or you think dick size matters? LMMFAO! nobody can do nothing about what your born with, and God gives everyone exactly what they need, your heart is the only thing that matters...Plus, my dicks little, but ask anybody that's kicked it in the sack with me and they'll tell you whats up.."

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
The same goes for me?
I haven't said a word about 0-8 or anything of that nature.
I'm damn sure not setting the table for how I will cease supporting a coach before he has even coached a game here.

I'm not sure anything, outside of a string of major ass-whippings, in this first season is going to be indicative of anything. His time here is going to be made or broken on recruiting, as that and developing QB's is his big calling card. A few early results on the football field that don't go our way shouldn't affect that. Not in year 1, at least.

I want to see improvement throughout the season and I want to see encouraging results as the offense is fully implemented throughout the year.
That should translate to a handful of wins or more, but a lot of that is going to depend on how the early non-con games go and how the new defense works out in year 1.

I get the need to win games, I do. It's just tough to get over that hump immediately in year 1 in this league.
There's not much margin for error.

Yes, the same goes for you.  Your reading comprehension sucks if you gathered from any of my posts that I was setting up expectations for Morris so that he couldn't meet them, or any of the other shit you seemed to think I said in your previous reply. 

Expecting two conference wins and four wins over a bunch of outmanned teams who are also coming off disappointing years is in no way unreasonable, nor is it setting anyone up for failure.  Especially when four of the conference games are against Mississippi schools, Missouri, and Vanderbilt.  Yeah, I get that Miss State and Missouri owned us under Burt, but no one with a functioning brain cell believes that was anything other than an anomaly due to incompetent leadership on our part. 

Offline Son_of_Spam

• Weird turning pro
  • King of the Hogs
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Hell, I just want to see Morris not look totally lost, sweating while wearing winter clothes in summer, and hungry on the sidelines during the game. At least look like you have a plan to win.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:42:20 PM by Son_of_Spam »
The room looked like the site of some horrible zoological experiment involving whiskey and gorillas....

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it
The talent is nowhere near as bad as you (and others) are making it out to be. 

Coaching has a lot more to do with how talented players look than most people think.  If those guys get even slightly below average coaching this year they should improve dramatically.
I agree with this. A competent coach wins 7 last year with our talent.

That was not a good team we barely beat at home.  We seriously may not win another game this season. - BASS January 20, 2018, 07:40:43 PM

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
I agree with this. A competent coach wins 7 last year with our talent.
Yeah.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
Who is going to disagree with any of this? All of this is stating the obvious. The point being made is no matter how disappointing next year ends up you don’t fire a guy after one season.
Totally agree, and to me, more important than the absolute W/L record is the performance on the field.  A 50 point loss does not equal a 7 point loss in the evaluation process of the program.  I try not to have any absolute W/L expectations ever and just try to enjoy the contests.  Fifty point or big margin losses are not enjoyable.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
Somewhere long ago I read if you’re getting blown out it means you don’t have the players, losing close ones is on the coaching staff. If we get blown out this year it’s not a bad thing. Let him get his players then evaluate. I have zero expectations for this season given the wreckage Bielema left. If we win, I’ll celebrate. If we lose, it’s expected. I won’t judge The Chad solely on this season and anybody who does is incredibly short sighted.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
To address something else from earlier. This notion that the offense being so drastically different that it will most likely mean we suck balls. We already sucked balls...we may be sucking taint next , but it might be in the right direction.

I think your sense of direction might be off. But there's no good option if you're sucking balls other than to just stop and walk away.

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.
But there's no good option if you're sucking balls other than to just stop and walk away.

If the Woopig anals ever get published, wisdom like this will make it outsell the Bible.

Offline Mike Slive

• King of the Hogs
Totally agree, and to me, more important than the absolute W/L record is the performance on the field.  A 50 point loss does not equal a 7 point loss in the evaluation process of the program.  I try not to have any absolute W/L expectations ever and just try to enjoy the contests.  Fifty point or big margin losses are not enjoyable.

This guy knows. I’m all about a good contest but being that outclassed is hard to endure.

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
No matter what you say four wins is not better than six. Not in any universe. That’s not how any of this works. There is no losing the battle to win the war argument to be had.

If this was a senior laden team coming back and we said fuck it...play the young guys then ok but that’s not really what we have.

I will say that the worst thing that can happen is these guys get to thinking nothing has truly changed...that their ceiling as a program is 7 wins or some such.

You cannot establish a winning culture by losing and likewise you cannot establish winning by accepting watching the same guys fail to make the leap.

Part of Donuts problem last year was an inability to take corrective actions due mostly because we just didn’t have anyone else to put in there or in some cases there was a clearly unwillingness by the staff to admit they fucked up (fawning over Jackson at tackle) The team and individual development was evidently the biggest failing. This is why the football staff gets paid a lot of money.

To address something else from earlier. This notion that the offense being so drastically different that it will most likely mean we suck balls. We already sucked balls...we may be sucking taint next , but it might be in the right direction.

My guess is the offense will be more run oriented than people are thinking. Morris isn’t going to come in and air it out like Petrino did. I think we will see a lot more quick hitting passes like you see from spread teams and mixing in a variety of inside runs and misdirection. Quick passes will cut down on our line liability and also cover up for weak blitz pick up from our backs. Who was it La tech where the kid would fling the ball out quick and we couldn’t do jack shit? Oh wait that was everybody.

A lot moving parts and that’s where it might be a problem with pre-snap penalties. Morris will more than likely pair back his offense and may go a bit more “thick” than maybe he would prefer based on the donut offerings on hand.

Not sure we will have the people to go more vertical in the passing game. I am hopeful we have some kind of route running instead of run straight ahead.

I dont think anyone is saying its ok to lose.  But this is a program that needs to reestablish itself and do the things that build winning programs.  Im simply saying I would be more excited seeing a team that is getting experience to new players, getting in shape, and executing the gam plan through the season than pulling a Bret and leaving the starters in against a patsy to get a 50 point win with a team with a narrow experience band and no stamina.  Game experience is the most important element in team building.

Offline The Red Death

• He ain’t fat y’all.
  • Boar
Hell, I just want to see Morris not look totally lost, sweating while wearing winter clothes in summer, and hungry on the sidelinesduring the game. At least look like you have a plan to win.

HAHAHAHAHA.  Hungrier than Burt?  Impossible.

Basically your description is not look like a homeless drunk.  Leo>Burt. 

We traded a 3 toed sloth (diabeetus) for a rabid meth weasel I’ll tell you that.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline SunshineSweaterman

• Boar
Couldn't fathom losing to Toledo or Coastal Carolina either, but  one happened and the other came within an eyelash of happening. We only win four this year and we will be going through this same process in about 3 years.

I couldn't fathom losing to fucking Rutgers, and yet we did it TWICE!

this is the least give a shit football season i can remember.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
Yes, the same goes for you.  Your reading comprehension sucks if you gathered from any of my posts that I was setting up expectations for Morris so that he couldn't meet them, or any of the other shit you seemed to think I said in your previous reply. 

Expecting two conference wins and four wins over a bunch of outmanned teams who are also coming off disappointing years is in no way unreasonable, nor is it setting anyone up for failure.  Especially when four of the conference games are against Mississippi schools, Missouri, and Vanderbilt.  Yeah, I get that Miss State and Missouri owned us under Burt, but no one with a functioning brain cell believes that was anything other than an anomaly due to incompetent leadership on our part.

You continue to say you will be very concerned if we don't win six games.
Hopefully we do and all is well in your land.
Otherwise, you're posturing.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
6-6 with no embarrassing losses is my expectation.  less than 6 wins = disappointment and questioning this hire.  50 point losses (or 30 point losses to meh teams) = disappointment and questioning this hire.  more than 6 wins = maybe this hire wasn't so damn bad.

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline bigghurtt

• Sockpuppet of an angry god
  • King of the Hogs
  • Prying open, my brown eye...wait...damnit.
Most of y’all are full of shit.  You’ll collapse into hysterics and woe is me after every loss, and you’ll talk about how we’re a sleeping giant after every win.

The woopig habitually has problems looking beyond the current series, much less having any perspective on multi-year trends.

This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
Most of y’all are full of shit.  You’ll collapse into hysterics and woe is me after every loss, and you’ll talk about how we’re a sleeping giant after every win.

The woopig habitually has problems looking beyond the current series, much less having any perspective on multi-year trends.

way to crush our false sense of objectivity

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline Buffinator

• The Other Other White Meat
  • King of the Hogs
  • Has perfect aim.

Member that time we beat Florida?  Pepperidge Farm members.