Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ranking Razorback Football Commits - "All Time"  (Read 3869 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Ranking Razorback Football Commits - "All Time"
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 12:03:24 PM »
I didn't remember Jeb Huckba being ranked that high. Also pretty sure he's not from Sheridan.

"Jeb" sounds like a great Sheridan name, but he was from Searcy.  I think he played for his dad at Harding Academy.

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 12:05:37 PM »
Didn’t Jeb say some pretty derogatory stuff about our program during the Petrino years?

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 12:06:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/deuce_jojo/status/879471543759380481

What was the story there? Did we send him to JUCO?

I didn't remember Jeb Huckba being ranked that high. Also pretty sure he's not from Sheridan.

He was ranked extremely high. He had an in home visit from Bobby Bowden when FSU could get any player they wanted. I still say he was a huge bust. He started his entire Junior year and didnt get a single sack.

Dang! Quinta Funderburk - Class of 2011. #31 Receiver in the class. Career stats between Arkansas and Norfolk State? Three catches for 50 yards.

https://www.nsuspartans.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2769

At SU (2012-14)
Lettered two years, in 2013 and 2014 … Sat out the 2012-13 year due to NCAA transfer rules … Played in four games as a sophomore in 2013, catching three passes for 50 yards … Made two catches for 22 yards against Northwestern, and one catch for 28 yards against Boston College … Member of Fall 2013 Athletic Director's Honor Roll … Played in eight games in 2014, but did not accumulate any statistics.

At Arkansas (2011)
Enrolled at Arkansas in the spring of 2011, but did not play in any games during the 2011 season.

I had high expectations for him. Definitely a let down.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »
JoJo.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-releases-receivers-jojo-robinson-kendrick-edwards-from-program

Bielema said Robinson wants to transfer to a Big 12 program while Edwards wants to transfer to a school in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Bielema made it clear Robinson’s suspension was due to missing classes.

“It’s one thing when a player gets injured and can’t play, but to purposely affect playing time by not going to class, you do that to yourself,” Bielema said.

Robinson had six receptions for 53 yards and Edwards had four catches for 51 yards this season.

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
I think the biggest WTF during Petrino's time here was the Italian kid form like NJ, he was a QB, never played and wasnt recruited by anyone else. Cant remember his name. Was Petrino banging his mom or something?

A very stable genius.

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • FAH Q
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 12:29:03 PM »
I think the biggest WTF during Petrino's time here was the Italian kid form like NJ, he was a QB, never played and wasnt recruited by anyone else. Cant remember his name. Was Petrino banging his mom or something?

You mean Vinny "The Blade" Ascolese, the greatest Razorback to never wear the jersey?

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
You mean Vinny "The Blade" Ascolese, the greatest Razorback to never wear the jersey?

That is him. What was the story there? A kid recruited by no one else, from an area we never recruited, and he never played.

A very stable genius.

Offline hit_that_line

• King of the Hogs
  • woopig.net
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »
He was a Parade All-American. One of four we signed that year.

"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »
That is him. What was the story there? A kid recruited by no one else, from an area we never recruited, and he never played.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2014/3/12/5500392/meet-the-commits-vin-ascolese

I dont know how long he stayed at TCU.  I dont see him on the 16 or 17 rosters.

I would have ranked Lance Alworth as our greatest commitment of all time, but then I read the rules.

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 01:13:18 PM »
https://www.frogsowar.com/2014/3/12/5500392/meet-the-commits-vin-ascolese

I dont know how long he stayed at TCU.  I dont see him on the 16 or 17 rosters.

I would have ranked Lance Alworth as our greatest commitment of all time, but then I read the rules.

Speaking of NFL HOFers that grew up in Mississippi, stayed in state for college, but didnt play at Ole Miss or Miss State. You can almost build a team just off those guys. Brett Favre, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Lance Alworth....

A very stable genius.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 01:16:52 PM »
Speaking of NFL HOFers that grew up in Mississippi, stayed in state for college . . . Lance Alworth....

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »

OH, ya. Whoops.

Then make the list even bigger, NFL HOFers from Mississippi who didnt play at OM or MSU.

A very stable genius.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hammer Down
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 02:16:49 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000838402/Otha-Peters-has-a-game-sealing-interception

This can't be true.

I told people on here it was stupid for Bret to cut Otha loose and I was villianized for not being able to provide proof why.  This was after I had seen his speed on the field, but couldn't verify it with stats.  I was even cut down by Coalboar ( I know, that shouldn't mean anything) when he didn't accomplish too much at his lesser D-1 school in his first year. 

Of course, this same exact process happened with Randy Ramsey 3-4 years ago, and see where he was last year.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

"I can understand your disdain for Arkansas people when all you've had exposure to is the NW Ark people. The natives are idiots and the imports are Yankees." - Lurk, May 2016

Offline acater

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 04:07:57 PM »
Didn’t Jeb say some pretty derogatory stuff about our program during the Petrino years?

I dont remember that. Jamaal Anderson did. Those two are easy to get confused.  :D

A very stable genius.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »
This can't be true.

I told people on here it was stupid for Bret to cut Otha loose and I was villianized for not being able to provide proof why.  This was after I had seen his speed on the field, but couldn't verify it with stats.  I was even cut down by Coalboar ( I know, that shouldn't mean anything) when he didn't accomplish too much at his lesser D-1 school in his first year. 

Of course, this same exact process happened with Randy Ramsey 3-4 years ago, and see where he was last year.
Please.
Otha Peters wanted to be closer to home and transferred to a Sun Belt school and wasn't bad there at all. Yes, he has 3 combined tackles in 3 games played in the NFL.
http://www.nola.com/ragincajuns/index.ssf/2014/08/ex-covington_lb_otha_peters_le.html
Former Covington All-America linebacker Otha Peters said Thursday night he has decided to transfer from Arkansas to Louisiana-Lafayette "to be closer to his family so they can see me play."

He made the decision earlier this week after talking the situation over with his family, including his mother, Sheila Peters, and Slidell defensive coordinator Malter Scobel, his former coach for four years at Covington High and with whom he remains close.

"It was really hard for me; I have a lot of respect for Arkansas," Peters said. "I have a lot of close friends who are still there. It was tough to leave them boys. ... I started looking at UL. One of my best friends, (former Lakeshore receiver) Al Riles, is there so that helped make it easier. My sister went to UL, so I was already used to Lafayette. It's an easy transition."

I cut you down for continually bringing up Otha in conjunction with AJ Turner.
AJ Turner did jack shit and was kicked off a Sun Belt team (stAte), but that didn't keep you from using both as examples of Bielema running off star players... which he was not guilty of in either of these cases.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:33:40 PM by Stephen Colboar »
I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 04:26:59 PM »

He was a linebacker and I think he never qualified as far as I know. Not sure what the connection was but Petrino probably fucked his mother.

Also the other kid that was a QB from NJ was Damon Mitchell who did play but not at QB.

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 04:29:46 PM »
Dang! Quinta Funderburk - Class of 2011. #31 Receiver in the class. Career stats between Arkansas and Norfolk State? Three catches for 50 yards.

https://www.nsuspartans.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2769

At SU (2012-14)
Lettered two years, in 2013 and 2014 … Sat out the 2012-13 year due to NCAA transfer rules … Played in four games as a sophomore in 2013, catching three passes for 50 yards … Made two catches for 22 yards against Northwestern, and one catch for 28 yards against Boston College … Member of Fall 2013 Athletic Director's Honor Roll … Played in eight games in 2014, but did not accumulate any statistics.

At Arkansas (2011)
Enrolled at Arkansas in the spring of 2011, but did not play in any games during the 2011 season.

Brandon Mitchell was brought up again as an indictment of Bert.

He...much like Quinta, also just tore it up at NC State.  :sarcasm:

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 04:32:18 PM »
[edit:  I'm a dumbass and hit "quote" on my last post instead of "modify"

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 04:35:39 PM »
I will say, that I'd imagine that the list of highly touted recruits that didn't pan out will be a long list at any school you look at.
I feel like we've had discussions like this down in the recruiting forum before.
The bust rate is high everywhere.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 04:36:15 PM »

:'(

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 04:38:51 PM »

:'(

Damn, he's talking about killing people!  That's hard core, Jersey mafia shit right there!

Offline VegasHog

• Boar
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2018, 04:42:55 PM »
i believe acolese was home schooled thru high school. he played on a private team that did play against regular classification schools but had no chance of qualifying. probably the most wtf recruit pertino had.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »
i believe acolese was home schooled thru high school. he played on a private team that did play against regular classification schools but had no chance of qualifying. probably the most wtf recruit pertino had.

Uhh no
http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2011/12/vin_ascolese_of_north_bergen_is_the_star-ledgers_state_football_coach_of_the_year_for_2011.html

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline LaMoHog

• Boar
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
I dont remember that. Jamaal Anderson did. Those two are easy to get confused.  :D

I think it was that other white dude, Caleb Miller.

Offline VegasHog

• Boar
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 04:50:17 PM »
well...i heard wrong.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:52:32 PM by VegasHog »