Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Latest update on Team Arkansas TBT $2,000,000 team  (Read 3889 times)

Offline kkelley2012

• A Shoat
Latest update on Team Arkansas TBT $2,000,000 team
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to make a post to give you the latest info on our Razorback alumni basketball team that'll be competing on ESPN networks this summer.

Our roster is this:
1. Jabril Durham
2. Rashad Madden
3. Dusty Hannahs
4. Michael Qualls
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Marshawn Powell
7. Alandise Harris
8. Jacorey Williams
9. Moses Kingsley

This will be the 5th year of the TBT event. For the past three summers, a team called Overseas Elite has won the championship; winning $5 million total over those three years (19-0) - mostly former by St. John basketball alumni.

Last year, schools like Syracuse, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Colorado, Texas Tech, Iona, Kansas State, and more formed alumni teams into this event. We scouted and networked very hard to form this team, and we really believe this team looks just as great on paper than any other team in this event so far.

All of our guys played professionally this past season, with the exception of one. Most of the guys played overseas in some of the highest leagues/divisions and performed very well this year!

There is a massive online fan vote/support contest going on now until June 1st. We must finish in the Top 9 in our region (northeast) in order to make this event. Right now, we are currently in 1st place in the region and nation with over 1,400 votes/supports. We're ahead of the 9th place team in our region by nearly 1,150 votes, so things are looking really good on our end so far.

Our first game will most likely be July 21st in Brooklyn, NY and will be televised on WatchESPN and ESPN3. The first two rounds are on ESPN3, next two rounds are on ESPN2, and the last two rounds are on ESPN. This is a 72-team, single elimination event that is only getting bigger and bigger each year.

We just gained our eligibility into this event just over a day ago, so we're one step closer into getting accepted into this event now as well.

If you have not voted/supported us yet, you can do so here: http://www.thetournament.com/teams/team-arkansas-arkansas-alumni

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to get back to you!
#TBTHOGS

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:32:19 PM by ElvisHog »

Offline BigDavis

• King of the Hogs
Re: Latest update on Team Arkansas TBT $2,000,000 team
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:59:15 PM »
Cool

Offline HOGGLY WOGGLY

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 03:04:42 PM »

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 03:22:54 PM »
i hate people that button the top button.

that's for a tie only.

i'll never conform to this trend.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:08:58 PM »
Post the right link....or a link that works...and I'll pimp it. But the one you posted above is no gouda.

Offline kkelley2012

• A Shoat
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
Try it now; I'm new to this blog and don't understand the FTP hyperlink stuff.    Thetournament.com is the official site, then click "teams" and "Team Arkansas" will be at the top.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 07:33:11 PM »
Try it now; I'm new to this blog and don't understand the FTP hyperlink stuff.    Thetournament.com is the official site, then click "teams" and "Team Arkansas" will be at the top.

You complicated it. Just paste the link. Not sure why/how you wrapped it with an FTP tag. Anyway, I fixed your link.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 07:43:47 PM »
You complicated it. Just paste the link. Not sure why/how you wrapped it with an FTP tag. Anyway, I fixed your link.

We all had our first day on the internet

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 08:10:44 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to make a post to give you the latest info on our Razorback alumni basketball team that'll be competing on ESPN networks this summer.

Our roster is this:
1. Jabril Durham
2. Rashad Madden
3. Dusty Hannahs
4. Michael Qualls
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Marshawn Powell
7. Alandise Harris
8. Jacorey Williams
9. Moses Kingsley

This will be the 5th year of the TBT event. For the past three summers, a team called Overseas Elite has won the championship; winning $5 million total over those three years (19-0) - mostly former by St. John basketball alumni.

Last year, schools like Syracuse, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Colorado, Texas Tech, Iona, Kansas State, and more formed alumni teams into this event. We scouted and networked very hard to form this team, and we really believe this team looks just as great on paper than any other team in this event so far.

All of our guys played professionally this past season, with the exception of one. Most of the guys played overseas in some of the highest leagues/divisions and performed very well this year!

There is a massive online fan vote/support contest going on now until June 1st. We must finish in the Top 9 in our region (northeast) in order to make this event. Right now, we are currently in 1st place in the region and nation with over 1,400 votes/supports. We're ahead of the 9th place team in our region by nearly 1,150 votes, so things are looking really good on our end so far.

Our first game will most likely be July 21st in Brooklyn, NY and will be televised on WatchESPN and ESPN3. The first two rounds are on ESPN3, next two rounds are on ESPN2, and the last two rounds are on ESPN. This is a 72-team, single elimination event that is only getting bigger and bigger each year.

We just gained our eligibility into this event just over a day ago, so we're one step closer into getting accepted into this event now as well.

If you have not voted/supported us yet, you can do so here: http://www.thetournament.com/teams/team-arkansas-arkansas-alumni

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to get back to you!
#TBTHOGS
We should probably be the best in this. None of our players have anything(like a pro contract) to distract them from practicing together. Let's win this.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »
i hate people that button the top button.

that's for a tie only.

i'll never conform to this trend.

He's ready to coach his summer teams....backpack check

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 09:03:10 PM »
Every once in a while you see a flicker or a spark of our old asshole ways, then we help a newbie out.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 09:14:13 PM »
Every once in a while you see a flicker or a spark of our old asshole ways, then we help a newbie out.

Just wait for him to start pimping his mlm franchise.

Offline LaMoHog

• Boar
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 09:31:03 PM »
Just wait for him to start pimping his mlm franchise.

You smoked that ole boy out. I gotta go reread that thread.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 09:36:23 PM »

Our roster is this:
1. Jabril Durham
2. Rashad Madden
3. Dusty Hannahs
4. Michael Qualls
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Marshawn Powell
7. Alandise Harris
8. Jacorey Williams
9. Moses Kingsley

#TBTHOGS

go fuck yourself newbie whilst learning how to use the search feature and not start a new thread that is exactly like another thread.

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 09:46:09 PM »

Our roster is this:
1. Jabril Durham
2. Rashad Madden
3. Dusty Hannahs
4. Michael Qualls
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Marshawn Powell
7. Alandise Harris
8. Jacorey Williams
9. Moses Kingsley

#TBTHOGS

On your deathbed, may your caregiver sustain you solely on the Teresa Prewett's fistula drainage.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline CardiacHOG

• Tush Hog
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 09:59:58 PM »
Why is Team Arkansas in Northeast Region?

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
On your deathbed, may your caregiver sustain you solely on the Teresa Prewett's fistula drainage.
That may be one of the grossest things ever typed, and you would have to just been there to get how gross it is.

Mr Interceptoon King.

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Offline ElvisHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 10:33:01 PM »
I haven't really tried to figure out the mechanics of it....but there's a way to win money? It says there's a payout to the top 201 fans of the winning team. What defines someone's rank? And then I saw there were salaries attached to all the Arkansas players....so maybe you build your own team out of players from all teams? Like a Fantasy League?

I'm sure there's a page that says what the deal is. I'm just lazy.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2018, 12:18:24 AM »
There’s something happening here
What it is ain’t exactly...
Obvious

Offline SunshineSweaterman

• Boar
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2018, 01:06:58 AM »

Our roster is this:
1. Jabril Durham
2. Rashad Madden
3. Dusty Hannahs
4. Michael Qualls
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Marshawn Powell
7. Alandise Harris
8. Jacorey Williams
9. Moses Kingsley

#TBTHOGS

Die in a fire

this is the least give a shit football season i can remember.

Offline kkelley2012

• A Shoat
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 01:10:24 AM »
I haven't really tried to figure out the mechanics of it....but there's a way to win money? It says there's a payout to the top 201 fans of the winning team. What defines someone's rank? And then I saw there were salaries attached to all the Arkansas players....so maybe you build your own team out of players from all teams? Like a Fantasy League?

I'm sure there's a page that says what the deal is. I'm just lazy.

Yes, top 201 fans of winning team win share of $200k. You get 10 points for every fan who votes from your personal link that you'll get after you vote. And 15 points one time for following @thetournament on Twitter.  points determine the standings, and if we were to get upset early, you are allowed to switch your team up until the Final Four and your points will be cut in half.   The salary number is the projected amount of money each player would win if/when we win this whole thing, however, those numbers are irrelevant for our team; we just put those numbers up for the time being.

Offline kkelley2012

• A Shoat
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 01:11:17 AM »

Thanks... Used to a hyperlink or something. Preciate that.

Offline ElvisHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 01:14:37 AM »
Thanks... Used to a hyperlink or something. Preciate that.

Well if you hang around and post links, just post it in the message. Don't do anything special. We try to make things easier for the crowd here.

:dude2:

Offline goporkyourself

• cool side of the pillow
  • King of the Hogs
  • having a good week of practice
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 08:09:52 AM »
Yes, top 201 fans of winning team win share of $200k. You get 10 points for every fan who votes from your personal link that you'll get after you vote. And 15 points one time for following @thetournament on Twitter.  points determine the standings, and if we were to get upset early, you are allowed to switch your team up until the Final Four and your points will be cut in half.   The salary number is the projected amount of money each player would win if/when we win this whole thing, however, those numbers are irrelevant for our team; we just put those numbers up for the time being.

if you hit 88 MPH do you go back in time? jezus christ doc.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Wise guy extraordinare. Faded weekly
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 08:24:52 AM »

Our roster is this:
1. Jabril Durham
2. Rashad Madden
3. Dusty Hannahs
4. Michael Qualls
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Marshawn Powell
7. Alandise Harris
8. Jacorey Williams
9. Moses Kingsley

10. Ponzi wells

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."