Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Offensive Line - We Need To Be Smaller! Yet We're After HUGE Linemen  (Read 792 times)

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
I mean, bigger than Bielema's, bunch. The bunch that is now trying to get smaller and more athletic.

We just got a commitment from Jacob Stone. He's 6-8/340.
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-recruiting-joseph-stone-offensive-line-need

A lineman that took his official this weekend was "blown away". Trevor Roberson....and he's 7-0/380.
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/apr/15/arkansas-visit-blows-roberson-away/

So....er. I can't make those things go together.

380. That's almost 400 pounds.

Offline jethro

• Wild Hog
  • "Sure is hard to forget half a boy, Pa."
Re: Offensive Line - We Need To Be Smaller! Yet We're After HUGE Linemen
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:23:05 AM »
Maybe smaller was just a euphemism for "more mobile, better condition.  Not a tub of goo."

Offline arkansawyer

• A Shoat
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
How tall was Skipper? He was definitely mobile / athletic enough to play in a high-tempo offense. He was very lean though.

Unless the 7-0, 380 kid moves like Shaq that's a weird one to me, though.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 11:00:50 AM »
How tall was Skipper? He was definitely mobile / athletic enough to play in a high-tempo offense. He was very lean though.

Unless the 7-0, 380 kid moves like Shaq that's a weird one to me, though.

I have to think if the 7-0 kid moved like Shaq we would know who he was because he would be the projected #1 pick in the 2020 NBA draft.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »
Yeah, Skipper was like 6-10/320
He was also one of the dirtiest players we've had in quite some time, so I'm not sure I'd use him as the standard-bearer for anything.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:03:20 AM by Stephen Colboar »
I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Animal

• Custom Title
  • King of the Hogs
    • Woopig Mobile Theme
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 11:11:41 AM »
I’m going to hazard a guess that Clemson is not trotting out lean Boise State/Oregon kind of lineman.

We still need earth movers no matter what the offense is. I figure the scheme will be to spread them out yet they are so big that they can take up a lot of space.

That being said I’d like to see us get some dudes that we aren’t having to get to drop 70lbs before they play a down of football.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
He was also one of the dirtiest players we've had in quite some time, so I'm not sure I'd use him as the standard-bearer for anything.

Actually, when he was dirty he was dominant at times, aside from the penalties for dirty play.  When he got that out of his system he became simply a huge pussy like the rest of our line

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline FNG

• Boar
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:49 AM »
Every good O lineman is mean and "dirty". I wish we had a half dozen Conrad Doblers.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
  • savage
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 11:18:17 AM »
Actually, when he was dirty he was dominant at times, aside from the penalties for dirty play.  When he got that out of his system he became simply a huge pussy like the rest of our line
Don't confuse that with me saying he wasn't any good. He was. And it provided for some hilarious moments like the Nkemdiche ejection.
Just calling a spade a spade, here... I'm not sure he ever got the "dirty" out of his system. It's why a few guys wanted to kick his ass in camp with the Cowboys.
He was a marked man in this conference. Folks can argue whether that is good or bad or both.

I’ve never experienced anyone working at CFA being a jerk or rude but yesterday I encountered a guy in the drive thru who was not only rude but a jerk. When I finally had my order and he didn’t even say my pleasure I yelled “thanks for being a jerk” and drove off.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Boar
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 11:23:48 AM »
Don't confuse that with me saying he wasn't any good. He was. And it provided for some hilarious moments like the Nkemdiche ejection.
Just calling a spade a spade, here... I'm not sure he ever got the "dirty" out of his system. It's why a few guys wanted to kick his ass in camp with the Cowboys.
He was a marked man in this conference. Folks can argue whether that is good or bad or both.

I can think of at least one A&M game that he cost us due to an inopportune penalty.