Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Updates  (Read 232 times)

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Boar
  • I still tingle at the bottom of my balls
Updates
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:49:15 AM »
How 'bout y'all save yourselves some time and stop fucking with the interface unless there's a clamor for improvement.   After I finally overcame the incredible shrinking font, now I'm greeted with some goofy-ass pop-up every time I reload the board.

If ain't broke, dont fuck with it.

If it is broke, fix it properly in two tries or less.

Or find a new career path.

PS I understand most woopussy staff are volunteers, so I'm not as virulent as I might appear.  But the board is most certainly fucked up currently.

Happy Tax Day!

You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:11:43 AM »
How 'bout y'all save yourselves some time and stop fucking with the interface unless there's a clamor for improvement.   After I finally overcame the incredible shrinking font, now I'm greeted with some goofy-ass pop-up every time I reload the board.

If ain't broke, dont fuck with it.

If it is broke, fix it properly in two tries or less.

Or find a new career path.

PS I understand most woopussy staff are volunteers, so I'm not as virulent as I might appear.  But the board is most certainly fucked up currently.

Happy Tax Day!

Appreciate that input. What popup message are you getting? What device and browser? If it’s a PC or Mac, a forced refresh or clearing cache may fix the issue but we will certainly look into it if we know what it is.

The recent changes have been made to make the site more usable and user friendly, especially on mobile devices. It’s impossible to test every device and every browser, so sometimes it takes a bit of feedback to make everything right.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline Lurk

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »
Appreciate that input. What popup message are you getting? What device and browser? If it’s a PC or Mac, a forced refresh or clearing cache may fix the issue but we will certainly look into it if we know what it is.

The recent changes have been made to make the site more usable and user friendly, especially on mobile devices. It’s impossible to test every device and every browser, so sometimes it takes a bit of feedback to make everything right.
Thanks for working over the weekend. I could tell you were hacking at it, it was changing back and forth :)

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Online Barton Fink

• King of the Hogs
  • Bring it!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:58:55 AM »
Is there not a good Responsive Framework out there for forums? (Bootstrap, Boilerplate, Semantic, etc.)

<--- I'm with him

Offline HawgRockCafe

• King of the Hogs
  • WPS
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 09:48:30 AM »
Is there not a good Responsive Framework out there for forums? (Bootstrap, Boilerplate, Semantic, etc.)

There are but not sure how good they are. The issues would be either changing the entire platform from SMF to whatever or finding something that works with SMF. Neither option is quick or easy plus you’ve seen the uproar when small changes occur. Those are not small changes.

A lost chicken?  A chicken?  In the woods? - ElvisHog - 2/4/2004
---------------

Offline OP

• Boar
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »

The pop-up seems to have popped-off after annoying me all day yesterday.  It was something along the lines of losing any partial posts if I logged in.  Which didn't make much sense since I'm almost always logged in, and just refresh the page for new info. 

Sorry for the rant, but y'all should be proud.  I blow my top about twice a year, and y'all were at just the right place at just the right time for #1. :)

Appreciate your efforts.  I run a kindle fire.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• A redder shade of neck on a whiter shade of trash
  • King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »

The pop-up seems to have popped-off after annoying me all day yesterday.  It was something along the lines of losing any partial posts if I logged in.  Which didn't make much sense since I'm almost always logged in, and just refresh the page for new info. 

Sorry for the rant, but y'all should be proud.  I blow my top about twice a year, and y'all were at just the right place at just the right time for #1. :)

Appreciate your efforts.  I run a kindle fire.

No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline OP

• Boar
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »

I don't know if this video is random or I dropped a nugget that my paternal lineage is German.   It's hilarious whatever the inspiration.

Considering my maternal lineage is Irish, I'm surprised at how generally cool-headed I am.

And that I'm still alive.

Offline One Quarter

• SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
  • King of the Hogs
  • I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 10:21:04 PM »
Text size on mobile devices should be back to how it was a couple weeks ago now.  If you don't see it, clear your cache and internet history.  There will be some weirdness in mobile that I'll work on, but text should no longer be microscopic in some areas.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:14:51 PM »

Jump in the fray hotshot. Anybody that throws that post out sounds like they can contribute.