Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 2018 High School Football  (Read 5184 times)

Online Lurk

• King of the Hogs
Re: 2018 High School Football
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2018, 02:10:07 PM »
I had heard he was on the short list to replace Wendt.  Must have really come a long way at Fayetteville.
You're not clever enough to be joking here, so...  :maundoed:

Here's to growing up in an Empire during the decadent years!

Official motto of Woopig P&R board "Wear a cup tl;dr"

Online razor5396

• Tush Hog
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2018, 07:22:39 PM »
I am starting to think Greenwood is the Sparta of High School Football. If you aren’t born to make an adequate football player, they throw you off a cliff.

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2018, 07:30:08 PM »
I am starting to think Greenwood is the Sparta of High School Football. If you aren’t born to make an adequate football player, they throw you off a cliff.

Getting 3 QBs to transfer in certainly didn’t hurt.

The most overlooked part of Greenwood is the WR’s. They punish the defense in the run game and the screen game.  They wear out the CB’s to the point that a lot of them just quit.  Then they run right by them for a TD.

I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. Fucking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the shit men fanta

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • Kentucky Sucks!
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2018, 07:54:08 PM »
Getting 3 QBs to transfer in certainly didn’t hurt.

The most overlooked part of Greenwood is the WR’s. They punish the defense in the run game and the screen game.  They wear out the CB’s to the point that a lot of them just quit.  Then they run right by them for a TD.

The WR routes in the first half were crisp and it is obvious they drill and drill and are well coached. It was Paul Petrino crisp that you don’t often see on the HS level,

Haters gonna hate

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fuck The Man
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2018, 07:19:23 AM »
The WR routes in the first half were crisp and it is obvious they drill and drill and are well coached. It was Paul Petrino crisp that you don’t often see on the HS level,

you misspelled bobby

Drives in the left lane with the hammer down.

Offline Cerdo

• Despacito
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2018, 08:42:56 AM »
As an Arkansan, I'm just happy to see the way the entire state has risen back up in high school football to make it competitive again.  Central AR schools making noise, Pine Bluff making noise - I like it. 
It's good for everyone. 

Offline NotoriousPIG

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2018, 10:50:59 AM »
The Omaha World Herald just did a 10 part story on how the relationship b/w Nebraska High Schools and Univ of Nebraska football is broken.  Tom Osborne used to pull in recruits from all over the place and convince kids to walk on that he could turn into starters in 2-3 years vs accept scholarship money to smaller schools.  It's how he won so much in the 90s.  Helped that tuition was so cheap it was easy to turn down scholies. 

Now rural schools numbers are down and latino population not as into american football.  Big talk about how Scott Frost was hoping to repair those relationships and start recruiting these smaller Nebraska schools.  Solich, Callahan, Pelini and Riley basically ended the big walk on program and starting pulling in kids from Texas and California neglecting home state kids.

Sounds pretty familiar to Arkansas issue (except for the whole dominating the 90s things).  Basically both schools are good when they have lots of homestate products on the team but suffer from low overall population and lack of numbers in rural towns.

Pretty interesting to see how similar the situations are.  Hopefully The Chad doesn't neglect Arkansas kids like Bert did and just go after all Texas kids.  Early results say he's not so fingers crossed.

Both teams coming off embarassing seasons with poor cultural fit coaches and now have uptempo offenses being installed and a two man Quarterback battle.  I'm not sure NU is in that much better shape although they may have a bit more depth than the Hogs.  Big Ten definitely easier especially in the West.  If they can figure out how to beat Wisconsin there's not much left to challenge them.

I like Scott Frost so will be fun to watch how they progress vs the Hogs.  They are slobbing his knob big time though.  Hasn't coached a game yet and they're already selling books about him.

Online Law_Hawg

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2018, 11:26:57 AM »
Hopefully The Chad doesn't neglect Arkansas kids like Bert did and just go after all Texas kids.  Early results say he's not so fingers crossed.

Wait, I thought the problem with Bielema was that he screwed up our Texas recruiting?

Online Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2018, 11:47:05 AM »
We have real live high school football on TV tonight from WMS. Games will be on KARZ 42 in central AR.

Monday, August 20
PB Dollarway vs. LR McClellan - 5:00 p.m.
Watson Chapel vs. Nashville - 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday, August 21
Des Arc vs England  - 5:00 p.m.
Central vs West Memphis - 7:30 p.m.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline dhog

• A Shoat
  • Go HOGS Go!!!
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2018, 12:17:40 PM »
Elkins gets a lot of  :tiw: and probably rightfully so....raccoons and all.  But they are building a new stadium and weight room.

Offline geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Boar
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2018, 12:33:08 PM »
Elkins gets a lot of  :tiw: and probably rightfully so....raccoons and all.  But they are building a new stadium and weight room.
Thanks for that.  Who's the new head coach out there? 

Online Sweet River Baines

• Boar
  • Never tell me the odds...
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2018, 12:47:20 PM »
Thanks for that.  Who's the new head coach out there?

Bryan Hutson

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 4:11 Posi-trac out back, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »
The Omaha World Herald just did a 10 part story on how the relationship b/w Nebraska High Schools and Univ of Nebraska football is broken.  Tom Osborne used to pull in recruits from all over the place and convince kids to walk on that he could turn into starters in 2-3 years vs accept scholarship money to smaller schools.  It's how he won so much in the 90s.  Helped that tuition was so cheap it was easy to turn down scholies. 

Now rural schools numbers are down and latino population not as into american football.  Big talk about how Scott Frost was hoping to repair those relationships and start recruiting these smaller Nebraska schools.  Solich, Callahan, Pelini and Riley basically ended the big walk on program and starting pulling in kids from Texas and California neglecting home state kids.

Sounds pretty familiar to Arkansas issue (except for the whole dominating the 90s things).  Basically both schools are good when they have lots of homestate products on the team but suffer from low overall population and lack of numbers in rural towns.

Pretty interesting to see how similar the situations are.  Hopefully The Chad doesn't neglect Arkansas kids like Bert did and just go after all Texas kids.  Early results say he's not so fingers crossed.

Both teams coming off embarassing seasons with poor cultural fit coaches and now have uptempo offenses being installed and a two man Quarterback battle.  I'm not sure NU is in that much better shape although they may have a bit more depth than the Hogs.  Big Ten definitely easier especially in the West.  If they can figure out how to beat Wisconsin there's not much left to challenge them.

I like Scott Frost so will be fun to watch how they progress vs the Hogs.  They are slobbing his knob big time though.  Hasn't coached a game yet and they're already selling books about him.

Nutt recruited lots of Arkansas kids... I see what you are saying, but if you are taking more than 5-8 Arkansas kids a year, we have a problem.

Speaking of Tom Osbourne. He always gets credit as some type of saint who did everything the right way. I listened to some ESPN radio on a road trip when all the CUM stuff first came out. One of the guys ripped Osbourne for selling his soul to win a national championship by playing Lawrence Phillips. I had forgotten all about that.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2018, 04:03:52 PM »
Speaking of Lawrence Phillips.... 1. I didn't realize he had killed himself in prison in 2016 and 2. I didn't know he was born in Little Rock.

"I hate you Acater!"- Otis Kirk

A very stable genius.